Silent Way WITHOUT hardware

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I'm wanting to use silent way voice controller without external synths. I want it to modulate THE DROP filter plugin in cubase. I can't seem to find any way of calibrating silent way without hardware. Am I missing something?

Also, could someone please tell me how you pass the CV output from one module, (say the Voice controller again), to the cv to midi module. I can't see a way of patching the two modules together in cubase.

Thanks.

Use one of the voice plugs that doesn't require calibration? But, dude it seems like there is 100 easier ways to modulate a plug than going out an audio port and back in.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Yes indeed, there are easier ways, such as NOT going out of an interface and back in. Hence my question. Which plug do you refer to that does not require callibration but can output pitch cv from midi all internally within cubase? I don't seem to see a silent way plugin that would achieve this other than voice controller.

ah, you said "modulate" which is typically something like the LFO.

Are you trying to control the filter cut-off from a pitch source? If I was internal to Cubase, I wouldn't be using CV at all to control the drop.

Why are you trying to use SW? Can't Cubase send MIDI to control plugin parameters?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:Why are you trying to use SW? Can't Cubase send MIDI to control plugin parameters?
That's what I was asking. I can't figure out what he's trying to accomplish. From the limited description SW seems like using a chainsaw to clean the sink.

The drop is no normal plugin. It works very similarly to a real analogue filter. It will take CV envelopes and the like.

Unfortunately, midi messages, as I've discovered are nearly always smoothed out by the plugin. I can't go from say, a cutoff of 5 to a cutoff of 127 instantly. It will nearly always ramp up in a sloppy type of glide. Anyway, The Drop doesn't accept midi messages just yet as it's still officially in beta but I can do it via cubases's remote panel but it's not doing what I want. This is the sort of thing I'm trying to achieve.......

http://youtu.be/jjxPY9D9JOg

I want the filter to receive clearly defined steps and not ramp from one value to another.

I've been experimenting with a few plugin synths and they all exhibit this smoothing to various degrees. Interestingly, the cool IMPOSCar plugin with do what I want it to when I assign aftertouch to filter but not other parameters. I think the makers realised what people might be wanting to achieve.

I don't hear anything in that video I haven't heard a bazillion times analog or VSTi.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”