Expert Sleepers ES-3 / Kenton Modular Solo With Logic Pro

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I'm starting my first modular synth, just ordered a Macbeth Micromac R and Expert Sleepers ES-3 for now.

The thing is, i don't really know anything about modular synths.. i had "Future Retro XS" few years ago and i really liked it, but i sold it just because i couldn't record or edit (in midi) parameters like filter cutoff, fm , resonance etc.

The synth that i'm familiar with is Access Virus A and with midi i can record and edit any parameter in midi cc# in Logic Pro (even 20 parameter changes on the same track / sound, at the same time)

My question is: is there any benefit in having Kenton Modular Solo together with ES-3? how exactly should i connect both devices to a modular synth and to the computer?

From what i understand, if i will use the Kenton for Gate, CV, Clock and 4 Aux channels than i will have 8 channels available in ES-3 for knob tweaking and recording / editing, is that right?

What i don't understand is, if i have Kenton Modular Solo than my modular synth is basically a midi synth and i will use it within Logic Pro just as i'm using the Access Virus synth right? but how am i combining the ES-3 in this situation?

The main thing i would like to know: can i use modular synth with Silent Way in the piano roll editor / hyper draw in logic to control the synth's parameters?

If it is possible what will be a better way, Expert Sleepers ES-3 or Kenton Modular Solo? how about using both?

If I read you right, you've ordered the ES-3 but don't have a Kenton yet. If so, there's no reason for you to buy a Kenton too. The ES-3 will handle all the MIDI/CV duties the Kenton would, and more besides.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”