XLCustom Script Issue in Augustus Loop AU + MS3 + FCB1010

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings all!

I'm working on configuring interactions between Augustus Loop 2.4.1, Mainstage 3.x, and an FCB1010 Foot Control Board (with Uno Chip Installed). My goal is to use Mainstage to produce different effects (patches) and route the audio with effects applied to Multiple Separate but Synchronized Loop Instances of Augustus Loop; Ideally this setup would have the FCB1010 control both the effects selection in Mainstage and the looping in AugustusLoop.

As you may have guessed, I'm struggling and muddling!

I currently have had success producing the effects in Mainstage and routing them to a single instance of Augustus AU. The next logical step is to accomplish Multiple Loop Instances. It seems that by the grace of Axel Baesler that there is a Script which can facilitate exactly this interaction, with four loop instances. However, I'm having difficulty with what seems to be the simplest thing: Installing the Script and Skin (on OSX 10.8.x).

I've installed the Script (midi.lua) in both the following (manually created) paths:

Library/Application Support/Expert Sleepers/Augustus Loop/Scripts
~/Library/Application Support/Expert Sleepers/Augustus Loop/Scripts

I've installed the Skin (XLBundle.Custom) in both the following (manually created) paths:

/Library/Application Support/Expert Sleepers/Augustus Loop/Skins
~/Library/Application Support/Expert Sleepers/Augustus Loop/Skins

After adding these files to the paths as specified in the Manual, I rebooted Mainstage and see no new skin in AugustusLoop. It's still the Augustus Loop original skin. Have I missed any steps or overlooked something? Is there some specific step required to activate the new Skin and Script? I'd sincerely appreciate any insights others could share on how to demystify this.

Could this possibly be because I haven't yet purchased a License Key? I want to vet and validate before I do so.

Also, it seems this script is quite old, old is not necessarily bad, but I am wondering if there are enhanced versions which achieve a similar end...

Lastly, if anyone has any experience or insights on how to best enable the overall setup, please share your wisdom.

With Gratitude,
Meatsauce

Hi Meatsauce, welcome to KVR, one of the coolest and craziest music forums around! Here you'll find everything from brostep wanker wannabes to some of the world's greatest plugin developers and sound designers.

You might have better luck posting this in the KVR Expert Sleepers forum.

Contact a moderator and ask them to move it for you.

I've only used the demo of Augustus Loop a little bit, how do you find its features vs. the Mainstage looper? I'm interested in putting together a live looping setup with foot controllers myself.

Thanks for your kind support, Winstontaneous! I requested the migration. I'm somewhere in the middle of the Brostep Wanker Wannabe <-> Plug-in/Sound Guru Spectrum; I'm working on producing meditative ambient soundscapes for Yoga Classes :) Ah, Who am I kidding...? I'm just a Wannabe Brostep Wanker Wannabe. Meta-Identity-Crisis.

I'm still in the very early stages of discovery, so I can't offer a holistic opinion.

My take is this:

In Augustus, it will be a lot easier to manage the loops as independent entities; In Mainstage, to clear and reset the loop content and duration, I have to effectively click two buttons, "Stop" and "Fade Out." I'm sure I could map a single MIDI control to hit both buttons, but it's a bit clumsy. I also like the idea of creating a separation of concerns between Effects and Looping. I think this will give me a looser coupling between the functions and ultimately grant me more control over each aspect. After I've ramped up futher, I'll share more thoughts :)

Moved to Expert Sleepers.
No longer a moderator.

After adding these files to the paths as specified in the Manual, I rebooted Mainstage and see no new skin in AugustusLoop.
You have to select the skin from the AL prefs dialog, and then close and reopen the AL UI.

Ah, the button was lost in a sea of dense perception. It worked like a charm. Thanks so kindly!

Return to “Expert Sleepers”