Need help on which of the silent way plugins to get

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello

I recently acquired an Moogerfooger mf-101 low pass filter. All I want to do is to control the filter cutoff and possibly resonance through drawing midi automation data in Logic hyperdraw. This effects pedal has only got cv input, no midi. I have got a Motu Ultralite mk3 hybrid audio interface, which is DC-coupled apparently. I don´t need the ac encoder, since I already got a dc-coupled interface? I am a bit confused on which of the plugins listed I really need for this task. I do at least know that I would need some simple midi to cv conversion.
I would appreciate if someone will explain it to me.

Marius

The simplest way would be to use Silent Way DC and simple automation of the plug-in Out parameter.

You can test this with the free demo of Silent Way.

Thanks, after a bit further reading, I understand that the voice controller also does this, but more complicated. Is it a steap learning curve for someone that has never worked with this before? I have also got an old string machine (Solina) and a Moog Rogue, a bit limited ofcourse but both has cv/gate inputs and I can see some uses for them also regarding this.. at least had been cool to try it out.

It's fairly easy to get going - there are plenty of people to help. You might want to watch some videos:
http://expert-sleepers.co.uk/siwatutorials.html

As I said, the demo is free so just give it a try.

Thanks a lot! Just a final question; will any trs to ts cable do to carry the cv from audio interface outs to cv input on synth/pedal? Sorry for my ignorance.

I notice I have got an y insert cable, but with stereo 3.5 mm at one end..will it do if I fit an 1/4 adapter to it?

If it's a stereo 1/4" adaptor, yes.

Thank you for the help, will download the demo of the plugin now.

I tried the silent way dc plugin so far and it works opening the filter on my mf 101 low pass filter. One question though; does it matter if the channel fader for the sw plugin is clipping inside Logic? After all it is no audio passing just cv from the plugin itself? It seems I have to max out the signal to get a strong enough signal to the pedal to fully open and close the filter.. No clipping on the Motu ultralite faders though, just inside Logic.

That's fine.

Hello again, is it as simple as using a regular trs to trs cable, and disconnect the ring from the jack at one end..this will also make it trs to ts? Again, sorry for my ignorance, but nice to have it confirmed. I bought the silent way plugin and it´s working great.

Thanks

Yes, that will do it. The plug with the disconnected ring would go at the audio interface end.

Or just disconnect both rings then you don't have to worry about it.

os wrote: The plug with the disconnected ring would go at the audio interface end.
. Is it not the other way around? trs plug at audio interface end, and ring disconnected from plug at cv input.

I guess it doesn't really matter, if both ends are TRS plugs.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”