USAMO wont work proberly

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hallo Expert Sleepers Team.

So my Problems are this:

Setting up the Test as described on your Website, i cant manage to get all green Massages, especially in the Note Random Mode. In the Clock Mode i do get some Green ones but rarly.

Also when not in test Mode and connecting it to my Hardware, when trying to find a good Point with the Trim Dial, The sound gets louder and around 12 Oclock the sound Drops untill the End? Is this normal?

When Moving the Trim Dial and hitting the Beginning Point it causes my Hardware to Change Programm! WTF. I can disable incoming Programm changes but its still annoying.

I really want it to work Perfectly i tried so many options but i never got it to run in Sync with my Projects. Fiddling around with the Shuffle and the Offset Dialers aswell, didnt heard any difference.

So what am i doing wrong here?

Ableton 9.7.2
Mac OSX El Capitan 10.11.6
Avid MBOX 3
Hardware: Novation Nova 2

Thanx in Advance

K

You need to get the test mode showing full green before connecting to any other hardware. Clocks mode should be the easiest test to get working.

Make sure the signal from the plug-in is going out unattenuated (no track fader movement). You want a good strong signal from the interface, and ideally the USAMO trim should end up around 12 o'clock.

Thanx for the Reply.

I did the Test again before connecting it to any Hardware, but still Full Red.
Even in the Clock Test Mode there is one Green occasionaly showing.
No Faders were Touched.

Is the USAMO clip LED lighting?

No, it never lights up.

Can you increase the level leaving the audio interface? E.g. switch it to +4dB mode rather than -10dB, or adjust settings in the interface's virtual mixer etc.

Hi,

The Signal is very strong, hitting -0.5 dbfs when sending it to the dedicated output.

Have you tried both balanced and unbalanced cables to the USAMO?

Heya os;

I'm having the same problem as Efteling, no clip light EVER, Lots of red lines in clock test, near completely red in note test. Strangely, when I configured it as best I could (took a fair while, still had tons of red lines) then just ran it anyway I got perfect sync and note results. That was yesterday... This morning I got up, tested it again, and I was back to square one.

I'll test it again tomorrow, how would I use an unbalanced cable?
I'm using a Novation Nio 2/4 conventionally at the moment, with the signal going from an RCA output to the USAMO. I'm guessing to use an unbalanced cable I would set Ableton's output config to mono and run a 1/4in TS male to male cable from the headphone jack on the Nio to the USAMO.

The RCA output might be your problem - RCA outputs often run at a much lower level than a proper TRS output.

You could try the headphone out, but don't stick a TS jack into it. Use a splitter "Y" cable aka an insert cable.

So the outputs on my interface are basically non-compatible with the USAMO? When I checked the compatibility chart prior to buying, I stupidly mistook the 'Novation AudioHub 2x4' to be the same thing as the Nio. Now I see the Audio Hub is a totally different machine that has duel 1/4in outputs that would supposedly send professional audio level (as opposed to the consumer level from my Nio's RCA outputs).
os wrote:You could try the headphone out, but don't stick a TS jack into it. Use a splitter "Y" cable aka an insert cable.
What part of the splitter would i connect to the USAMO, the tip (send)?
Regardless, I'm pretty sure (based on reviews) that the headphone port on the Nio is crappy (down near line level) anyway. I doubt I'll get better results.
Time to get off my old inter-face I guess.

The TRS end would go into the headphone jack, then either of the TS ends would go into the USAMO. Then choose the left or right channel in the headphones as appropriate.

os wrote:The TRS end would go into the headphone jack, then either of the TS ends would go into the USAMO. Then choose the left or right channel in the headphones as appropriate.
If I buy an insert cable and that doesn't work, say because the headphone output is inadequate, and I end up getting the AudioHub 2x4, can use that same insert cable or will I need one of these ultimately?:
https://www.storedj.com.au//hosa-cyp-10 ... -cable-3ft

I can't think of any use for that cable you linked to. It's certainly not what you need for any headphone output.

Consider getting an audio interface with a decent number of TRS outputs.

So I finally got around to trying an Insert cable from the headphone jack, 100% green lines. Thanks for the advice, everything seems to be working fine!

Return to “Expert Sleepers”