FHX-1 and Additional Voices

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If I add a FHX-1 to my FH-1 that is connected to a Roli Seaboard Rise will I then get a second voice, gate, etc., and likewise if I add a second FHX-1 can I play three simultaneous notes and so on?

Or, is it better to just set the keyboard to midi channel 16 and use a pitch and gate channel to work things?

There's no specific relationship between the FHX-1s and voices in a polyphonic (or MPE) mode. The allocation of voices (or channels) to outputs is completely configurable.

Configurable to what? So I don't need the FHX-1 for polyphonic mode? I feel lost with my FH-1 and Rise as to being able to play more than one note at a time.

You don't need the FHX-1 for polyphonic mode, but it would of course enable you to use more CVs per voice (for the different 'dimensions' of the RISE's response).

Without custom configuration you're limited to MIDI channel 15 (two voices) and channel 16 (four voices). The MIDI/CV converters are much more flexible than that, as detailed in the manual. The easiest way to set them up is with the online tool:
http://expert-sleepers.co.uk/webapps/fh ... rator.html

Return to “Expert Sleepers”