FH-1 & Patterning

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'm using the FH-1 with iConnectMIDI2 and an iPad running Patterning to trigger drums on my modular. I've been able to get it to work but I'm having troubling with getting the tracks of Patterning to correspond to the FH-1 outputs the way I would like. If I want each of the 8 outputs on Patterning to output triggers to the corresponding FH-1 outputs (1-8) what do I need to do?

Is it possible to set this up without making a script? Looking at the Midi note on off assignments chart, I'm reading it that odd midi channels translate to cv on the FH-1 and even midi channels translate to gates. How do I get all 8 channels to act as gates/triggers. I've tried assigning each track in Patterning to an independent midi channel (1-8) which didn't work so I tried assigning each track in Patterning to an independent even midi channel(2-4-6-8-10-12-14-16) which also didn't work. Basically I just want 8 channels of triggers or gates to come out of the FH-1.

Thanks

You're not reading the chart right.

If you want just triggers or gates, send to the FH-1 on MIDI channel 13. MIDI notes 0-7 for triggers, or notes 64-71 for gates.

Thanks

Return to “Expert Sleepers”