DirectWave VSTi released !

Official support for: image-line.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

JMC wrote:
mäxchen wrote:is there a function in directwave, that reads samples direct from disk ?
There is indeed ... but it stores it all in RAM :)

Seriously : There's no streaming in DW at the moment.

In theory we're not even allowed to implement it according to the Tascam/Giga patent.
Surely you're not serious! :o

mayan wrote:I'm a past customer (bought sytrus) - I went to the page and found that I was entitled to a $3 discount off of the full $99. Is this correct?

no way I am buying it they took it from 79 to 99

bduffy wrote:Surely you're not serious! :o
Just Google it.
Jean-Marie Cannie @ Image-Line - FL Studio

ATS wrote:no way I am buying it they took it from 79 to 99
The $79 was a temporary offer that was supposed to last until the end of Januari (or even December 2005) but got extended because the VSTi release was delayed all the time.

We guessed the least we could do for all the people that ordered & waited all those months was to finally put up the correct price.
Jean-Marie Cannie @ Image-Line - FL Studio

ATS... You can still get $9.00 off using the link in my signature, maybe your $3.00 dicount applies too. I'm not sure.. JMC, do you know if he still gets the $3.00 discount? If so then you will have only had a $7.00 increase..
Happy Days!
Riley

Edit: Here's the "save 10%" link.
I no longer keep in my sig.

http://www.flstudio.com/promo.asp?p=HJFFGJ431

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
Last edited by riley4reason on Mon May 22, 2006 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Asus CM6870 3AB, i7 3770 Ivy, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD, 7TB Internal, Windows 8 64bit Pro,RME Firface UC, Reaper. Ableton Live 9, Sonar X2, Maschine.

I would like to know if directwave can (or will be able) to load highlife's programs?

riley4reason wrote:ATS... You can still get $9.00 off using the link in my signature, maybe your $3.00 dicount applies too. I'm not sure.. JMC, do you know if he still gets the $3.00 discount? If so then you will have only had a $7.00 increase..
Happy Days!
Riley

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
Hey! Sweet! After the unholy violence that is Kontakt 2.1, I'm inching more and more towards buying this...

nuchoon wrote:I would like to know if directwave can (or will be able) to load highlife's programs?
Does it support Highlife? It's not listed, I don't think.

nuchoon wrote:I would like to know if directwave can (or will be able) to load highlife's programs?
As Highlife can export to sfz, you should be able to do it (as you can convert sfz to sf2 or something, right ?)

as you can convert sfz to sf2 or something, right ?
how??? :?:

This is a pretty nice straightforward sampler. Lots of modulation options, pretty easy to get around. CPU usage seems pretty reasonable. The vst import function is pretty cool. If I didn't already have Kontakt and Shortcircuit I'd definitely grab this. I might still.

Well, one or two problems I have with this sampler (and I feel a little guilty at this price!):

1)Can you group Zones together and assign them to different Outputs?

2)Can you zoom in the Mapping Editor? It's so tiny! The keyboard too.

Moved
Last edited by hcv242 on Sat May 13, 2006 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Agreed, hcv242; a lot of that stuff I've noticed too (couldn't remember it all!) and prevents DW from being a legitimate replacement for Kontakt. :(

Seems rather neat.
No zoom in the mapping editor makes things rather fiddly though with presets with a large number of velocity layers.
I'm also interested in the possibility of grouping zones to different outputs (for drumkits or rex files for instance).
It doesn't seem to allow crossfading on multivelocity layered zones - not that important, but can be useful.

Return to “Image Line”