DirectWave VSTi released !

Official support for: image-line.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That doesn't mean much. It's still vaporware. You've been promising this for years. What about the bugs? Is it actively being developed again? What about all of the things that were promised for it? If you look back through your own forum lists, I actively defended Imageline for YEARS regarding Directwave! I've never wanted to be a complainer, but YEARS of promises and waiting will do that to someone. I don't think there was a greater defender of Directwave outside of the company than me--to this date, I am still the ONLY person who owns a legally purchased version of Shreddage for Directwave (aside from Zircon himself). It has never worked for me because of the bugs and upsampling. I speak more out of frustration than anything else, but seriously, you can't really expect me to get my hopes up at all over this image post you just made. What about the GUI improvements for Zone editing? What about the DIRAC capabilities? Even if a 64 bit version comes out, without the bug fixes that are so badly needed, and the attention that this plugin so badly deserves, a 64 bit version doesn't mean much--it doesn't do anything to fix the problems.

Unfortunately, although you will likely read my post, I suspect that the above posted image will be your last post in this thread, or at least my comments will be ignored. I've always had such great hopes for this application... It's so sad..... :-(

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Well, development of DW is a lot slower than I'd like it to be and it's not been much of a priority the last few years. You'll be glad to hear there's another developer for DW now, so maybe things will be better.

reflex wrote:Well, development of DW is a lot slower than I'd like it to be and it's not been much of a priority the last few years. You'll be glad to hear there's another developer for DW now, so maybe things will be better.
Hmmm... I won't my hopes up too much until I actually see something come from it, but that does indeed sound like better news than I've heard in years. :-) Has active development begun again on the program then?

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

audiojunkie wrote:Hmmm... I won't my hopes up too much until I actually see something come from it, but that does indeed sound like better news than I've heard in years. :-) Has active development begun again on the program then?
The idea is to make a 64bit version (done in large part) and an OSX version.

I can't promise that it'll be done soon though, so you're right not to get your hopes up too much.

reflex wrote:
audiojunkie wrote:Hmmm... I won't my hopes up too much until I actually see something come from it, but that does indeed sound like better news than I've heard in years. :-) Has active development begun again on the program then?
The idea is to make a 64bit version (done in large part) and an OSX version.

I can't promise that it'll be done soon though, so you're right not to get your hopes up too much.
yeah, I was afraid of that. I have largely moved to the iPad platform now anyway, but at least I feel like I'm getting some honest answers. I won't get my hopes up. Thanks for the honesty. :-)

--Sean

I did the same in being patient with Directwave, but years of many many broken promises, and a recent version that is worse than the older versions, with MAJOR issues soured me.

I can't see supporting ImageLine any more.

Return to “Image Line”