Do you own sakura as well?

YES! I LOVE IT!!
55%
No
45%

Total votes: 40

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know I know, there are more expensive plugins I could've got for $45 in ImageLine's "End of the World" sale, but after just composing a film soundtrack I realized I don't have anything good and quantiful for strings. Until I can afford to buy another cello, Sakura is soooooooo awesome. I recommend it. After buying fl Video player and seeing it in the signature bundle as well, I decided to not buy anything that's in the signature bundle from this sale because I'll be upgrading to that probably in the coming year.

Interesting. I never thought Sakura would be good for strings. I never messedwith it too much. I use East West for alot of my orchestral instruments. i would love to hear a orchestral track you made from sakura.

Yeah you can make some nice cello and other strings sounds with it. Frank Genus did a lovely Viola and double bass in the factory bank.

Unfortunately if you are on Mac I wouldn't go near it at the moment though - it's pretty much unusable on Mac. Crashes all the time.

aMUSEd wrote:Unfortunately if you are on Mac I wouldn't go near it at the moment though - it's pretty much unusable on Mac. Crashes all the time.
That sucks.

RandellK wrote:Interesting. I never thought Sakura would be good for strings. I never messedwith it too much. I use East West for alot of my orchestral instruments.
Yeah East West sounds awesome from what I've heard from others. When I do say strings I do use a lot of cello fiddle, violin, doublebass, etc sounds especially bowed and pizzi, I'm probably going to use mostly sakura from here on out for those sounds, i used to be heavily into soundfonts but can't find my old library... but the thing that has me going about sakura is that after watching their 13 youtube vids on the imageline channel, I could probably design patches to sound like other instruments like Rubab and Shamisen, exotic stuff I can't afford right now and those sorts of things. I got Pianoteq Stage earlier this year and I just recently finally started fiddling with the Drumaxx demo and I must say Physical Modelling seems to be both good at recreating realism (Pianoteq sounds very close to when I actually play on a grand, which I can't say about anything I've used) but also playing god with sounds using science and math. Which is awesome for me because I love realistic instruments, but when I go electronic on a track I put the experimentation on overdrive.
RandellK wrote:i would love to hear a orchestral track you made from sakura.
I'll post something soon.

You motivate me lol, I downloaded all the tutorials but havent watched the sakura ones

RandellK wrote:You motivate me lol, I downloaded all the tutorials but havent watched the sakura ones
Yeah man, there's a nice set of presets on the ImageLine Forums by user: "Un.ku" pm me for the URL. The tutorials are more for creating a sound from scratch, but just watching them helps you adjust things to better suit presets and sounds just like you would on any other soft synth.

dustinbeyette wrote:I know I know, there are more expensive plugins I could've got for $45 in ImageLine's "End of the World" sale, but after just composing a film soundtrack I realized I don't have anything good and quantiful for strings. Until I can afford to buy another cello, Sakura is soooooooo awesome. I recommend it. After buying fl Video player and seeing it in the signature bundle as well, I decided to not buy anything that's in the signature bundle from this sale because I'll be upgrading to that probably in the coming year.
I don't own it, but I've tried out the demo since it comes with FL Studio and I have to say that it sounds a lot better than I ever imagined it would. If I hadn't already spent my money on Newtone during the most recent IL sale, I would surely purchase it. 8)
[Insert Signature Here]

I definitely WOULD use it, but x86 only and buggy in Reaper. (On OSX, that is)
Shame. :(
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

Like other IL synths, Harmor in particular, still waiting for 64 bit. I'm a huge fan of a number of IL instruments, otherwise (although I'm still hoping, probably in vain, for some decent Harmor documentation).

bailees7irish wrote:I don't own it, but I've tried out the demo since it comes with FL Studio and I have to say that it sounds a lot better than I ever imagined it would. If I hadn't already spent my money on Newtone during the most recent IL sale, I would surely purchase it. 8)
Ya can get it for less than $40 at JRR shop during the blow out sale now ;)

I've tried the Sakura demo, but am quite happy sticking with my AAS String Studio still.

Patch changing sucks though.
It opens the downloader and searches my IL patches everytime I ckick to change a patch.
What am I doing wrong damnit?!
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Is this still good? It's on sale. Can it do those slide-y Motown/Soul-strings? Or is AAS String Studio better?

String Studio is better (although aesthetically Sakura is beautiful) - however I prefer Chromaphone for strings.

aMUSEd wrote:String Studio is better (although aesthetically Sakura is beautiful) - however I prefer Chromaphone for strings.
Can it execute that dirty, Motown-esque slide-y or staccato playing?

Return to “Image Line”