[SOLVED]Slicex unusable...crashes after crashes...[no more :-)]

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This seems to be the first plugin that really costs me my nerves... :-o

I've bought Slicex and installed it today on Windows XP.

Then I tried to open the standalone Slicex - nothing, no window! I tried to open Slicex in MuLab, and I got a blue screen and had to start my computer again (a few times!).

Now I tried to open Slicex in REAPER - nothing, it doesn't show up in the plugin-list, even after a rescan it isn't there...

So I looked at the Image Line forum, and there was an older Slicex topic with the "Shared DLLs" to download. I installed the Shared DLL again -- now I could at least start the standalone Slicex for one time, then it disappeared again.

I tried it to open in REAPER, again -- nothing, no Slicex in the plugin list.

I've un-installed and installed Slicex (and these Shared DLL's) a few times again, no change, always the same problem... :shock:

My nerves are in pieces. I have other work to do, I cannot install and un-install Slicex another hundred times...

Has someone experienced the same problem and can help me? :help:
Last edited by Tricky-Loops on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I just put Slicex in my cart at JRR Shop because of their special offer. Think I'll hang fire and see if you get it sorted before buying. I'm on XP too ...

Now I played around with the Harmor and Slicex standalones, and if I open the Harmor standalone FIRST, then I can open the Slicex standalone afterwards. But if I open the Slicex standalone first, then nothing appears...so this Minihost app seems to be buggy, too...:(

Finally I managed it to get Slicex open in MuLab, but still not in REAPER...I tried to rename and re-rename it, installed and un-installed and re-installed it, without success...

And I want to use it in REAPER, that's why I bought it... :cry:

thecontrolcentre wrote:I just put Slicex in my cart at JRR Shop because of their special offer...
That's what I have done, too, and it was a big mistake...the current Slicex version is a buggy beta version... :-o

Yesterday I've tried 8 hours (!) to get Slicex working. Without success! I tried everything that was possible. Different audio routings, ASIO, plugin compatibility mode, run as dedicate/separate process, embedded GUI... I deleted Slicex from the (REAPER) vstplugin init file, installed it again, nothing showed up in REAPER, so I deleted it again, installed it again. Then it showed up, but by loading it I got a blue screen, not only one, at least 50 blue screens...:shock:

It's a problem between Slicex and the Realtek audio driver. Slicex worked in MuLab, but not in REAPER and not as a standalone version.

I'm SO angry...when I buy a product, I expect that it works. Nothing against a few bugs, but at least it should work.:x

I also own Toxic, Morphine and Harmor, and all three are working (nearly) flawless. So why doesn't Slicex work?

no problems here with slicex (and never had) but i have an asiocard not onboard realtek. of course it have to work with consumer audio as well. i would open a thread in image-line forum as well.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Did this get sorted out?

thecontrolcentre wrote:Did this get sorted out?
No, I still haven't had the time to contact the Image Line support or to post in their forum...:(

I really hope that they'll release an update soon because the current version is kind of a beta version (I've read in their forum "you can download the newest beta version" which indeed is the current version)

In the meantime I solace myself with Harmor, Toxic and Morphine... :wink:

I've had several problems with this buggy Realtek sound driver, so it doesn't surprise me. I should buy a better sound card, but Slicex should work with all sound drivers, anyhow...

Tricky-Loops wrote:I should buy a better sound card
Good plan ;)

The newest beta of Slicex works flawless on my antiquate system...hurray...dancing the whole evening... :wheee: :hyper: :party:

I must praise Image Line - as unfavorable as their license transfer policy may be, but at least they have a good customer support and they're working on the bugs and improving their software without WUPs. :tu:

Return to “Image Line”