Fruity Loops on Mac - Working but none of my plugins will load

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I downloaded Fruity Loops for mac and it works great. No crashes, all the image-line plugins are amazing etc. However, I am having an issue with FL loading 3rd party plugins. Please note: I have followed the directions in the manual specifying how to get FL to install 3rd party plugins. When I attempt to "show" FL the path to my audio plugins/VST folder through the FL search window - it does not load them into the program. Whenever I re-open FL it has reset the folder "path". Does anyone have any solutions to this problem? Is a there a way to install a duplicate copy of my VST folder in the virtual C drive where FL is loading from? The central problem I need a solution for is : How do I get FL for mac to recognize my 3rd party plugins. I am running Mac 10.7.5 Any solution would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :) 8)
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

i doubt you downloaded "Fruity Loops", since years then name is "FL Studio".

about your problem, i never heard of that. under options you can set a extra vst path and that was it. remember to refresh afterwards to see the plugins in your list.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I appreciate your response. However, I have tried the answer you suggested prior to posting. If there is a way to install the 3rd party plugins in the virtual C: drive created by the "wrapper" that allows mac users to run FL - you can see that path when you open the FL path selection window but not in the Finder - then I would like to try that. Problem is - I cannot find those paths when I am in the Mac OS X Finder. I have changed my settings so that usually invisible files are viewable and still no luck. All of my 3rd party plugins are installed correctly for my other DAWs. I feel like it may be a bug in the integration between my mac and the program because i am following the directions in the manual and still no luck.
I am aware of the name convention. I just remember when Fruity Loops came out - a friend of mine who is a producer/rock musician used it for drum sequencing for his demos. He recorded a child's drum kit and used the samples in Fruity Loops to create the drum tracks for his demos - this was in the early 2000's. 8)
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

I had the same problem. open FL Studio / go to options / file settings. Here you see BROWSER EXTRA SEARCH -this one has all the folder lines. Just below it there is a small folder next to a clear button. it's called Vst plugin extra search folder. click on this and a directory appears. go to where your 3rd party Vst's are and click on it. Close FL Studio and reopen ( this is when FL will search for your plugins). when re-opened go to channels / add one / scroll right and up to MORE and click / scroll to the bottom and hit refresh. All of your plugins will now show up. click on the boxes of the Vst's you want in FL. Go back to channels and your Vst's will be there waiting to play.[/img]

Hey Guys I just got Fl Studio for mac osx…You know the crossover version that was released in September. Does anybody out there know what 3rd party vat work with crossover. And does anyone know how i can get nexus and gladiator for fl studio for mac osx? Thanks

Just install the Windows version with the inside option "command run" or similar. Or you will wait for a native osx end of this year 2014.
- http://www.flstudio11.com/fl-studio-cto ... c-version/

Return to “Image Line”