Play FL from a Rewire slave program

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If anybody is interested, I just found a way to slightly supplement FL's woefully underdeveloped Rewire capabilities using a cool program called AutoHotkey. Once the program has been installed, running the attached script will bind the left windows key to act as a spacebar push in FL, even if FL is minimized or another window is active. This allows you the simple ability to play/stop from FL's current transport point when working in another DAW hosted as a Rewire slave in FL (normally, pushing play in a rewire slave application does nothing, meaning you have to go back to FL every time you want to play your song, which is annoying as heck).

If you want to bind a different key, editing the script should be self-explanatory (refer to the ahk help file for list of key names). Also, in theory this should work with other programs as well by replacing "FL Studio" with the window title of another program (if you want to have FL as the Rewire slave instead of master). However, for some reason I was unable to make it work for Renoise. :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks, I've always wanted to rewire FL inside of another program (now Reaper and Studio One), but I never got it work.

No problem! I gave up on having FL as a rewire slave. No matter what I did, the stupid thing would skip the first beat of playback (regardless of where I started playing from). On looping, that beat would play just fine, so I don't know what's up with that.

Return to “Image Line”