Looking for some Mac & Linux testers!

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey Tweakbench fans..

I'm looking for a few good people with access to Mac & Linux based VST hosts.
I'm trying to put 2 recent Windows VST wrappers to the test, and need to get solid feedback on which Tweakbench plugins do & don't work in both.

First off is the new beta from SM Pro Audio, the VFX Intel Mac wrapper.
More info & beta download here:
http://www.smproaudio.com/produkte/v-ma ... -beta.html

I have a borrowed Mac here, but no VST host on it. Hopefully, I can get some tests done on this one myself.

Secondly is the DSSI-VST wrapper for Linux. More info on this one here:
http://www.breakfastquay.com/dssi-vst/

I'll gladly pass along a Tweakbench bundle download to anyone who wants to help out. I'm just looking for a simple report of if each of the plugins loads, plays, and works as expected.. so I can update the listings on the website.

Thanks!

I don't have a VST host on OS X either ... except for the free VST Lord which is designed for testing VST's. It has some handy debugging tools. More info here:

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/2101.html

It can load and play MIDI files, and accept input from a MIDI keyboard. Thought it might help you out!

Peace,
Andy.

Hi,
Just downloaded the SM wrapper and sent you an e-mail
requesting the bundle. I have a variety of Mac VST hosts
with which to test.
Best,
Scott

rexlapin wrote:Just downloaded the SM wrapper and sent you an e-mail
requesting the bundle. I have a variety of Mac VST hosts
with which to test.
Just email or DM me your email address, and I'll send you the bundle link.

E-mail sent via the KVR link. I will also PM you.
Best,
Scott

tweakbench wrote:Hey Tweakbench fans..

I'm looking for a few good people with access to Mac & Linux based VST hosts.
I'm trying to put 2 recent Windows VST wrappers to the test, and need to get solid feedback on which Tweakbench plugins do & don't work in both.

First off is the new beta from SM Pro Audio, the VFX Intel Mac wrapper.
More info & beta download here:
http://www.smproaudio.com/produkte/v-ma ... -beta.html

I have a borrowed Mac here, but no VST host on it. Hopefully, I can get some tests done on this one myself.

Secondly is the DSSI-VST wrapper for Linux. More info on this one here:
http://www.breakfastquay.com/dssi-vst/

I'll gladly pass along a Tweakbench bundle download to anyone who wants to help out. I'm just looking for a simple report of if each of the plugins loads, plays, and works as expected.. so I can update the listings on the website.

Thanks!
Hi, the dssi-vst has been around for awhile, and the similar in purpose/function fst has just recently received a major update, but they are mini hosts of a sort, and are not loaded in hosts like Reaper, Cantabile etc, but are just standalone linux commands.

To start a synth with them, either cd into the synth directory, and type

fst tweaksarp.dll

or from the current directory type the command, and full path to the plugin:

fst /home/tweakbench/.wine/drive_c/Program*Files/Steinberg/VstPlugins/tweaksarp.dll

If you like, I can test things in a wineasio based Reaper or Cantabile setup, and also using just fst and dssi-vsthost. DiscoDSP Highlife has always loaded in those commands, and then it can load many vsts in its own sandbox.
Cheers. More testers likely reside in the eXT forum, and also the Reaper forums have linux threads to inquire of.

:)

I will certainly help test on Mac.

From my understanding, the SM Pro Audio VFX Intel Mac wrapper will only be usable with your instruments though and not the effects. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Have already downloaded the VFX application for OS X and ill test when I get home.

Unless I'm just dense and can't figure this out, the Mac "wrapper" isn't really a wrapper at all - just a program that lets you use the Windows VSTs with their hardware machine thing. It seems to be able to emulate them only within the VFX program. If anyone else has figured it out, please let me know.

Edit: If anyone does figure this out, I'll certainly help test :)

Biiaru wrote:Unless I'm just dense and can't figure this out, the Mac "wrapper" isn't really a wrapper at all - just a program that lets you use the Windows VSTs with their hardware machine thing. It seems to be able to emulate them only within the VFX program. If anyone else has figured it out, please let me know.

Edit: If anyone does figure this out, I'll certainly help test :)
I'm in the same boat, spent a good while trying to get something to work but wasn't able to make it happen on my Mac OSX running Ableton Live. Would definitely like to help test, but I'd need a jump start to get me in the right direction.

tweakbench wrote: I have a borrowed Mac here, but no VST host on it. Hopefully, I can get some tests done on this one myself.
Why not download the Ableton Live demo?? It hosts vst's and the demo is fully functionnal for 15 days (though you can save only if you are connected to internet). After 15 days, you're not able to save anymore but you can still use the demo for testing purposes for as long as you want.

Hi, I'm very interested in using Tweakbench vsts for Mac and I'd like to know if it's still in development =)

any success yet?

geven wrote:any success yet?
the vfx wrapper does indeed work.. but it doesn't connect to any DAW's..
so basically.. you could setup a tweakbench vsti in it, and send midi to/from it.. and record the audio externally (or internally using something like soundflower i guess) but it's far from seamless.. :(

Return to “Tweakbench”