Cubase 5 Problem? Plugins won't load sounds!

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit with Cubase 5 32-bit. For years I was running Cuabse SX and was using Peach, Toad, and Triforce plugins with no problems.

But now I can't get any of those three plugins to work.

When I try to load Peach I get the following errors: "Can't load Module. 'dehaupt AutoList Values'" and "Soundfont Osc: Can't load file: PEACH11.DAT". Then the plugin opens, but it doesn't make any sound.

When I try to load Toad I get the following error: "Soundfont Osc: Can't load file: TOADCORE.DAT". Then the plugin opens, but I can't load any of the presets, and obviously it makes no sound.

When I try to load Triforce I get the following errors: "Can't load Module. 'Clocked_Arp_CK2003aMid'" and "Can't Load Module. 'Synthedit BPM Clock V2'".

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE any help would be majorly appreciated. I was working on an 8-bit remix for a while and need to finish it now!! I love these plugins and it will suck if I can't get them working on the new system.

Thanks!

:help:

SkywayCourt wrote:Hi. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit with Cubase 5 32-bit. For years I was running Cuabse SX and was using Peach, Toad, and Triforce plugins with no problems.

But now I can't get any of those three plugins to work.

[...]
:help:
Same for me here. It seems that synthedit and/or some of it's plug-ins are not able to work on windows 7 64bit.

I was having the same problem in Windows 7 using Ableton Live. Turns out it's a Windows 7 Problem, here's the fix:

Vista and Windows 7 users

By default Windows 7 and Vista do not allow saving to your VST Plugins folder. This prevents SynthEdit VSTs from extracting embedded SEMs to disk. You can fix this by changing the folder's Permissions:
- Use Windows Explorer to browse to your VST Plugins folder.
- Right-click the folder - 'Properties'
- Choose 'Security' tab.
- Click 'EDIT' (You may need to click a UAC prompt).
- Select username "Users".
- Tick options Allow 'Write' and 'Modify'.
- To finish Select 'OK' to close the two dialog boxes.

Likewise some modules (e.g. DH_TextArray) write data to the SynthEdit program folder. Apply the same procedure to "C:\Program Files (x86)\SynthEdit" (64-bit Systems) or "C:\Program Files\SynthEdit" (32-bit Systems).

Anyway all I did was change the settings on my C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins folder and everything worked after that.

Tall Midget wrote:I was having the same problem in Windows 7 using Ableton Live. Turns out it's a Windows 7 Problem, here's the fix:
Grateful thanks, had same exact problem and this fixed it! :party: :clap: :hyper:

Return to “Tweakbench”