Ableton not finding a load of necessary files.

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I just recently downloaded a number of plugins from Tweakbench to use under Ableton Live (I'm running version 8.0.1), but I seem to get the general problem that Ableton is looking for files and can't find them. Here's a few of the error messages I'm getting:

-Can't Load Module. 'dehaupt CVtoMIDI_CC'
-Can't Load Module. 'DH_OmniStepper module'
-Soundfont Osc: Can't load file: PEACH11.DAT

etc.

Does anyone else get this problem? Does anyone know the solution?

GijsWitdouck wrote:-Can't Load Module. 'dehaupt CVtoMIDI_CC'
-Can't Load Module. 'DH_OmniStepper module'
-Soundfont Osc: Can't load file: PEACH11.DAT
I've never seen these kind of errors in Live unless the plugin was corrupt in some way.
Those modules are internal to the DLL and only actually "exist" while the plugin is running.. so if they can't load, you're either a) out of memory b) have some corrupt files, or corrupt spot on your HD or c) something is stopping a DLL from unloading its payload once it's being loaded into the VST space.

Very strange indeed..

Found out what caused it: bloody windows account management. My girlfriend must have succumbed to the flashing warnings and turned it back on again.

GijsWitdouck wrote:Found out what caused it: bloody windows account management. My girlfriend must have succumbed to the flashing warnings and turned it back on again.
Windows Account Management eh? Hmm... I tried loading up the following into Ableton 8.1 and got a slew of similar errors as well. After hitting "ok" on all of them, I inserted Carillon only to get nothing out of it. I then tried to load up Field, and then Ableton said it encountered a serious error and would shut down :|

Carillon 1.2
Field 1.3
Grumblebum 2.7
Maelcum 1.2
Monomate 2.3
Pippo 1.3
Tapeworm 2.1

It seems that Pippo is the only operation plugin.

What did you do with your windows account management to get these working? I'm definitely not running out of RAM while using Ableton.

EDIT: Sys Specs below...

Lenovo T510
Windows 7 64 Pro
Intel Core i7 620M
4 GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM 1066MHz
NVIDIA NVS 3100m 512MB DDR3

hmm i wonder if this is a 64bit issue?
can anyone else confirm that it works or doesn't on win7 32 vs 64?

This sounds like a UAC / directory virtualisation issue.
Most likely, the SEMs silently were thrown somewhere into c:\users\[name]\virtual store\... .
Probable solutions:
- create a plugin directory outside of c:\programs, install there and point the sequencer to that.
- disable UAC?
(sorry, not on a 7 system right now, will confirm later)

Ah! I think that may have done the trick.

Keeping the files in C:/Program Files/vst or even Program File (x86) causes the errors to occur. I moved my VST folder to C:/vst and a few other locations, and it worked well.

Thanks for your help guys :D Sorry to bug about the errors... I should have thought to just move the folder.

So I was having trouble loading these instruments in ableton too..

So I and just ran ableton as administrator one time and it seems to recognize them now... :hihi:

maybe this would have fixed a few of the past instruments I downloaded and never got to work..

thanks for the free instruments!

Why are you still on 8.0.1?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:Why are you still on 8.0.1?
The OP? Check the date of their post. ;)
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:Why are you still on 8.0.1?
The OP? Check the date of their post. ;)
LMAO :oops:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Return to “Tweakbench”