Please Help: Miroslav Sound Upgrade???

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Everyone,

I just purchased the Miroslav Philharmonik Strings and downloaded the free 1.1.1 upgrade from the IK Multimedia website. The plug-in shows up in Logic, but when I try to load any instrument, a warning window pops up that says the sound is a 1.0 sound and I need to upgrade my sound content. How would I do this?

I'm going crazy trying to figure this out. The IK Multimedia FAQ section is terrible. It mentions some sort of sound updater app, but doesn't explain where I can find it.

Please help!

Brian

BrianH1900 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I just purchased the Miroslav Philharmonik Strings and downloaded the free 1.1.1 upgrade from the IK Multimedia website. The plug-in shows up in Logic, but when I try to load any instrument, a warning window pops up that says the sound is a 1.0 sound and I need to upgrade my sound content. How would I do this?

I'm going crazy trying to figure this out. The IK Multimedia FAQ section is terrible. It mentions some sort of sound updater app, but doesn't explain where I can find it.

Please help!

Brian
It's in your user area on IK's site....
Play what you feel and feel what you play.

A Sounds upgrade ?

There's none in mine; when was it released?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:A Sounds upgrade ?

There's no sound upgrade for Miroslav Philharmonik.
Last edited by Squids on Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Squids wrote:
DarkStar wrote:A Sounds upgrade ?

There's not sound upgrade for Miroslav Philharmonik.
Not to disagree with the Squids :lol: but I could have sworn there was a sounds upgrade for Miro to make it ST2.1/2.5 compatible. I remember this coming up before...but then again, the 70's were not kind to me ;-)

I remember now...it was an updater that made it non-dongled and UB and was basically 1.1. I would assume that the 1.1.1 would do the same.

beergeek wrote:I remember now...it was an updater that made it non-dongled and UB and was basically 1.1. I would assume that the 1.1.1 would do the same.
Oh yeah. You're right. My bad. I was thinking an actual change in the sounds. That was just a sound encoding change and it's been a while so I forgot... USB dongles be gone! Haha. So yeah. Well, anyway, please contact IK support about it. They'll make sure you can get it.

Ok maybe im being a bit harsh here, but since when did it become a bright idea to allow an upgrade for a product, only to break it without having to jump through hoops to fix it? :o Im pretty sure this file was there once, so why would it be moved or deleted from my download area? I mean, if this sound updater is needed , then why isnt it in my download folder at IK just like the 1.1.1 update is? :?: Nope- not there... :x Why must I have to make a special effort to get a file that "should" have been a part of the upgrade download? Where was QA's thinking on this upgrade? Sorry Im in a rant here, but I just spent an hour searching IK's site AND the web, and couldnt find this 2 DVD sound upgrade file that SHOULD have have been right next to the upgrade. :cry: So I sent off a request to Ik, as we ALL will have to, just to get this file we ALL need when upgrading... Maybe its just me, but I fail to see the logic of keeping this file so well hidden... Can you pass the word along to them Squids, to get them to make it easier for us to get ahold of this file? The upgraded Philharmonik is worthless without its sounds, as you well know.... Thanks for the trouble... :help:
Last edited by spikey on Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

When I got the upgrade from Philharmonik 1.0 to 1.1, both the installer and the sound update were in my user area the same time.

I had a bad sound DVD initially (v1.0), but SR took care of me on that just fine.

Doug
Logic is a pretty flower that smells bad - Spock, in "I, Mudd"

For a good time click http://www.belindabedekovic.com/video_fl_en.htm

Glad yours was there Doug..

Mine is not.

Just wondering- are u running a mac (and maybe thats the reason you have the file there)? And is it still there Doug? I ask because im sure i got it before as well, but recent computer changes required me to reinstall and download the files, and this sound update is missing for me.

BrianH1900 wrote:Hi Everyone,

Warning window pops up that says the sound is a 1.0 sound and I need to upgrade my sound content. How would I do this?

Please help!

Brian
Hi Ya Brian
Got the same problem here, only I'm on my 18th hour trying to figure this out : ( Grrr. I've had my Miroslav for a couple of years and just thought I'd upgrade since I just got a new machine. Wow though, what the hell is this man!? "Upgrade your sound content", I'm with you on this, no other download on my page either, just the upgrade to 1.1.1, but nothing about sound content. Have e-mailed support about it, please let me know if you hear anything, as I will do likewise. Man am I sick of this crap... :shock:

Be well
Six

Ok maybe im being a bit harsh here. Spikey quote.

No I don't think so, if it were alowed I'd use much harsher words, this is complete madness! Am I looking for something that doesn't excist here? I mean are they F###ing with us here, is this a joke?? "Upgrade your sound content", how about them updtating their skills instead huh, that would be something :x

Please let me know if you here anything about this ok, I'll of course do the same

Be well
Six

Sorry you guys are having trouble. I wish there was something we could do... if you bought it from esoundz we can probably send you out a separate set of new discs or something. But if you didn't we have no way of knowing your registration etc. So it really has to be done with IK. I did alert the proper person to this issue though. It's an old issue so it doesn't come up often but since a few of you are having it I don't like to see that... remember though that this is not the IK forum though so I don't really want this bashing talk to continue in our forum please (SR & esoundz forum). We'd do the best we could from our side. We don't write the instructions on how to update the sounds or deliver that or have anything to do with dongle encoding vs. non-dongle... that's all IK side stuff. We just make sounds and sell products on line.

If you are an esoundz customer who bought it there then contact allen (at) esoundz (dot) com and he can make sure you get the problem resolved. When you buy at esoundz you get that extra hand held support and follow up on your issues with any vendor we sell (not just IK but any of them -we'll be there to make sure the manufacturer got back to you or we'll find out the answer ourselves).

Anyone who is having sounds updater issue please email me directly and tell me if you need the mac or pc version.
Jason Williams / Technical Support
IK Multimedia U.S.A.
Email: jason.williams@ikmultimedia.com

Squids wrote:Sorry you guys are having trouble. I wish there was something we could do... if you bought it from esoundz we can probably send you out a separate set of new discs or something. But if you didn't we have no way of knowing your registration etc. So it really has to be done with IK. I did alert the proper person to this issue though. It's an old issue so it doesn't come up often but since a few of you are having it I don't like to see that... remember though that this is not the IK forum though so I don't really want this bashing talk to continue in our forum please (SR & esoundz forum). We'd do the best we could from our side. We don't write the instructions on how to update the sounds or deliver that or have anything to do with dongle encoding vs. non-dongle... that's all IK side stuff. We just make sounds and sell products on line.

If you are an esoundz customer who bought it there then contact allen (at) esoundz (dot) com and he can make sure you get the problem resolved. When you buy at esoundz you get that extra hand held support and follow up on your issues with any vendor we sell (not just IK but any of them -we'll be there to make sure the manufacturer got back to you or we'll find out the answer ourselves).
Sorry about that man, going nuts over this, I have since had a Valium and I also got the sounds updater file from Jason, worked great and I'm ready for the rest of easter now. I don't know what you did, but you did it, so thanks so very much and again please excuse the vocabulary on this one, I of course know this was a over the top :oops: Thanks again and Happy holidays to everyone(like we have any hehe).

Be well people :)

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”