Working with Neil Peart today...

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Squids wrote:
Let's see... for BFD we are only going to do select kits I think since it is a different system and not as flexible for development as other formats... but still totally possible to do some great stuff. EpiK DrumS kits are probably next.

Keith's collection will be out next year but maybe sooner. It depends how we do it. We've decided not to go nuts with these collections taking so long and putting out a mega huge product all the time. We did it with OWD and we did it with EpiK and... it really is hard to do. So, that could mean that things like the upcoming Hugh Padgham Collection will have say first the Collins-style kit released and then a Copeland-style kit later (recorded by Hugh who engineered/co-produced Genesis and The Police). It also makes it more affordable that way too... and more stuff can come out sooner. So.......... we'll have to see!

Haven't sampled Geddy and Alex although I am working with Rush on something ELSE that I can't talk about yet. We did however sample Tony Banks' keyboards and Mike Rutherford's guitars if you like Genesis. That and many other great sounds for the Infinite Player.
I like the approach of doing smaller, more affordable sets. The Neil Peart Kit fit into my budget perfectly.

The Banks and Rutherford stuff sounds interesting. I might not be the huge Genesis fan some of my friends are (not that I dislike the band), but I always like having options when it's time to pick sounds to record with.

DocAtlas wrote:
Squids wrote:
Let's see... for BFD we are only going to do select kits I think since it is a different system and not as flexible for development as other formats... but still totally possible to do some great stuff. EpiK DrumS kits are probably next.

Keith's collection will be out next year but maybe sooner. It depends how we do it. We've decided not to go nuts with these collections taking so long and putting out a mega huge product all the time. We did it with OWD and we did it with EpiK and... it really is hard to do. So, that could mean that things like the upcoming Hugh Padgham Collection will have say first the Collins-style kit released and then a Copeland-style kit later (recorded by Hugh who engineered/co-produced Genesis and The Police). It also makes it more affordable that way too... and more stuff can come out sooner. So.......... we'll have to see!

Haven't sampled Geddy and Alex although I am working with Rush on something ELSE that I can't talk about yet. We did however sample Tony Banks' keyboards and Mike Rutherford's guitars if you like Genesis. That and many other great sounds for the Infinite Player.
I like the approach of doing smaller, more affordable sets. The Neil Peart Kit fit into my budget perfectly.

The Banks and Rutherford stuff sounds interesting. I might not be the huge Genesis fan some of my friends are (not that I dislike the band), but I always like having options when it's time to pick sounds to record with.
There's a double-side thing to these lucky opportune situations where we can sample certain musicians' instruments. One side of course IS if you are a fan of that artist.... to me that's a no brainer. If you like Rush how can you NOT have Neil Peart's Drums????? I'd buy it. In a nano second. I bought all the drum libraries before from my favorite drummers like Erskine's library and Steve Smith etc. It's just too cool. But, even if you're not a fan... these guys have some of the BEST custom instruments because of who they are and companies bend over backwards to please them. So, Neil's kit is one of the most incredible DW kits you could get your hands on.... IF you could get your hands on! But sampling HIS ensures you are really getting the top quality drum set being sampled - and with customized things like a 21 inch bass drum and other unusual stuff.

So same thing when we sampled something like Mike Rutherford's guitars and basses. He had these double necks that were very rare plus all sorts of things that you don't normally find. Plus I borrowed his Shaftsbury Duo Fuzz which I sent over to IK in Italy to hopefully model for AmpliTube at some point... combine these samples with effects like that and what a beautiful virtual world!

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”