Working with Neil Peart today...

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Jim Roseberry wrote:DW made the shells for his Roland Vdrums (so they'd match his new S&A kit). So... that's just a shell for the V-drum kick pad. Serves no real purpose other than aesthetic.
Thanks, Jim! :tu:

Hi,

Considering you are recording the Neil's drumkit right now, when this library will be available?

I am asking this because the "Infinite Instruments" takes more than 2 years with the label "Coming Soon!". Was this project abandoned?

Thanks in advance!
< Bill Bruford on King Crimson: This is a band where you get to play in weird time signatures and still stay in nice hotels >

jjkinva wrote:
Jim Roseberry wrote:DW made the shells for his Roland Vdrums (so they'd match his new S&A kit). So... that's just a shell for the V-drum kick pad. Serves no real purpose other than aesthetic.
Thanks, Jim! :tu:
Except they feel different and aren't translucent like regular V-Drum pads. Neil's tech Loren didn't think they modified much else besides the shells either but... they ARE different. Not sure what the deal is exactly but they felt better and I will try to find out exactly what the scoop is there... I am curious. I'd like to have my V-Drums play like that.

BrufordRules wrote:Hi,

Considering you are recording the Neil's drumkit right now, when this library will be available?

I am asking this because the "Infinite Instruments" takes more than 2 years with the label "Coming Soon!". Was this project abandoned?

Thanks in advance!
Infinite Instruments is still in progress but got put on the back burner because of Ocean Way Drums. We couldn't resist that opportunity of course. But, we're getting back to the Infinite series and the Studio ProFile series in general. The release schedule for physical products (besides download versions which can happen at any time in various forms on www.downloadablesoundz.com and www.studioprofiles.com ) is as follows:

Drum Masters Gold Edition
: 8 Drummers in one killer collection. Their kits and grooves in multiple formats. More news on that coming.

Then before the end of this year Neil Peart's collection. Also coming is the Ken Scott collection which should be done by the end of the year... except it comes with a full BOOK on his career which we are working on so that's why it will take longer.

Infinite Instruments will start off being downoadable larger sized instruments for sample formats like Kontakt. Later on it will be released on disc. Not sure when. There's a lot of stuff to cover as it isn't only drums. We're covering percussion, guitars, bass, keyboards and other instruments. But the first sighting of it will be in about a month or so where you will see the series represented as individual downloads.

On top of that we have some more things.... by the way if you are a Bruford fan we have his grooves available on line right now. He's amazing.

I used to hang with Pat Mastellato a little bit when I lived in LA. He was a fan of Kevin Gilbert. I remember when he first got the gig wth King Crimson. I was shocked. I had no idea he could play like THAT! I knew he was great though because his work with XTC and Mr. Mr. But... King Crimson is a tall order and I think he's done a great job. Super nice guy as well. Maybe we'll sample him one of these days but he did at least some hits for a Larry Sayer library for Giga already. I think I have that somewhere. One of my ex-employees went to work for Tascam and sent us a bunch of stuff. I wish they'd have put that Giga onto Mac years ago. Anyway... I digress. Fun dealing with Bruford though. Totally different personality from Pat. I actually love the work he did with Genesis but you can't talk to him about it. I also REALLY love his drumming on Close to The Edge and Fragile. Eddie Offord. If I could only get those two together... well, to be honest, we were lucky to get the rights to Bruford's library. But if you don't have it then... by all means! Treat yourself.

jjkinva wrote:
Squids wrote:Anyway, here's a cool pic of Neil Peart, Terry Bozzio, me and Nick Raskulinecz.
Nice to see Mr. Peart without that funky fez/skull cap or whatever you call that hat he usually wears! Looks like he worked up a lather doing whatever-it-was in the studio! Looking forward to more details on the session!

BTW, does anyone know what type of bass drum he's using in the pic below? Looks a bit under-sized, no? Image
It's a custom 23" DW kick. Apparently this "Neil Peart Kit" spec is or will be available to buy from DW! You wanna hear something totally cool? Neil liked Nick Raskulinecz' work so much on the last Rush album that for Nick's birthday a truck showed up at Nick's door with that DW kit as a present. Nice present huh? Shows you the kind of guy Neil is... and the kind of people the whole band and label are. Very grateful and generous.

Neil when we were done signed a drum head for me wishing us success with the project. I also got some of his battered drum sticks from the session that we'll be giving away (I get something for you guys from each of these sessions don't worry... but you have to win them in those group buys and other events but that makes things fun doesn't it?).

So... okay, yeah we're doing a Neil Peart Studio ProFile. But there's more to the session than that... quite exciting stuff! More news later.

The Bozzio session this coming week was postponed. We're going to try to record Bozzio and Morgenstein at the same time.

All of this stuff has been in the works for a while and it only means that there will be a little bit of a bottle neck explosion of releases. We're finalizing specs... for instance things like both Kontakt and BFD support... it's intended to be irresistable for drum lovers... I'm one of them too so I know! Can't wait until I can play Neil's kit... or Cobham's or Bob Siebenberg's DEEP TOM kit! It's all so incredibly cool sounding.

By the way, if you guys don't have Ocean Way Drums you are REALLY missing out. I know it is more expensive than other drum products but it is totally worth it. You get a lot for your money and the sound is phenoninal! The programming is deep. Took us a long time.

So .. release is now .. december??

Pim
TD20W expanded/SPD-S/Delta 1010
Dell XPS 410 Intel® Core™2 Duo E6700 2.66 GHZ 4GB RAM/ Tracktion 3/Reaper
Superior 2.0 with all packs plus ezx Jazz/Funk/DFH
BFD2 w/all Platinum Samples and various packs
Steven Slate

Squids PLEASE!

I can't hand over my money to you fast enough for this one!

When will it be ready?

Mike

.-.

Uhmmm. Neil Pert is like the best drummer in the universe. Squids is a lucky dude. Good luck with your library. - Orbit-50

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Believe me we want to release Neil's library for the Infinite Player as soon as we can. But we have to go in order of production. So just before that is Billy Cobham, Terry Bozzio, Woody Woodmansey (Bowie), Rod Morgenstein and Bob Siebenberg (Supertramp). That's the Ken Scott Collection which we'll be showing at NAMM. I don't think we'll even be showing Neil's at NAMM since it is next month. But we will at Frankfurt Musik Messe and may even have it ready for sale around that time.

Then not too long after that we'll have drums recorded at Genesis' studio with two Genesis' producers of the past: Nick Davis and Hugh Padgham. We just did that last week and it sounded so incredible. We really did it right. With Hugh we recreated, as close as possible, the original Intruder/In The Air Tonight drum sound which involved an unusual talk balk mic and everything. Pretty incredible and HUGE sounding. Plus you'll be able to adjust EVERYTHING with mic mixing and more.

Then we're doing a music project that involves some sampling as well. But actual music which is sort of the next thing we want to do with this caliber of musician and engineer/producer if we can. You can call them glorified demos of the samples in a way but it is much more than that. It's something new and most of all it is done because we love it and it's incredibly fun. So one of those music projects is with Alan Parsons and this past week we got Lenny Zakatek who used to sing with Alan Parsons Project to sing in the studio for this project and it was totally awesome. He's great and that "thing" we're working on is going to be very interesting (especially for an APP fan I suppose but broader reach than just that). We also did the most tedious sampling session of a grand piano I think anyone has ever done. It took DAYS but the end result is just mind blowing what it will be able to do. Something VERY unique and practical, and something no one has done before which is always of interest to us...well, not to just to be the first to do it but more because it's a musically useful concept. That's what drives us. Authenticity and musicality. Lately we've been going to extreme lengths to capture that, traveling all over the world etc. But, that's become our mission. To bring you guys the creme of the crop stuff you might have dreamed of. Like Neil Peart's kits AND grooves (recorded by Rush's producer on top). That's a very specific thing that is only going to be available from us and I think some people are going to go absolutely nuts over it... including drummers who want to play Neil's kit sounds from a V-Drum and play along with the supplied grooves... which can be slowed down to learn the parts slice by slice if they want. Then there are producers and songwriters who want to add his "flavor" to their music. Neil was EXTREMELY cool about that especially considering he's not been one to do sessions for other music projects. Now, through this, he will be quite a popular sample session drummer for many people's projects. Kind of cool isn't it?

Incidentally, Drum Masters with Bruford, Gadd, Marotta etc. is released as a plug-in with the "Infinite Player". Available on www.esoundz.com right now. Took us a while but we finally got there. The rest should be much faster.

Squids,

Is this one (Neil Peart) going to be out anytime soon??

I think you had said April in a nother thread........

Thanks,

Mike

mike1k wrote:Squids,

Is this one (Neil Peart) going to be out anytime soon??

I think you had said April in a nother thread........

Thanks,

Mike
Backed up by a few months. Looking like June or July now. Sooner if possible. Ken Scott Collection hopefully May which is amazing as well.

Squids,

I realize that whatever you tell me I shouldn't believe anyway, but humor me with the latest on the Neil Peart project.......

-Mike

OK then, sounds like what I expected......... :x :( :!:

It's really hard to guess when projects of this magnitude will be completed for many reasons. This one is complex since it involves the drummer, the producer, the label, the lion, the witch and the sound developer. But, Nick Raskulinecz is doing mixes right now and we're wrapping up the BFD2 edition with FXPansion so I don't think it will be long before the BFD2 version is out. The Infinite Player version will be later with the audio grooves as well.

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”