Working with Neil Peart today...

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I guess he's not in any Rush then... :shrug:

robojam wrote:I guess he's not in any Rush then... :shrug:
Haha. No he's not. Good one. Pretty good... I am sure he's heard that one a million times though.

By the way, a Neil piece of useless trivia for you all. He's really into Family Guy and has that smart baby (Stewey? I don't really watch the show to know the exact name) as a little character on his drum set I guess for comic relief or something.

I'll tell you a Neil story while we wait for this product to come out. ;) So, we did this session in California at the Drum Channel studio near the DW Factory. When we got there we were told that Neil likes to start at 12 on the dot and even 5 minutes late would really bug him. He was rehearsing for the Rush tour and we were going to be able to record the whole thing (for loops) and then sample the kit with him after he's done. We had rented almost a room full of gear from Ocean Way (Neves, tons of mics etc.) and had the second engineer set it all up the night before. Well... the patch bay was wired completely wrong!!!!!! So not only did the session not start at 12 but it was over an hour before we could get figure out a work around with the patch bay (with this complex 1 = 6, 2 = 9, 3 = 1 chart that I came up with because it seemed never ending waiting for the engineer to re-route it all). I had Nick Raskulinecz engineering and producing with me and he was really annoyed at the second engineer plus he was concerned about Neil being happy. Nick produced the last Rush record "Snakes and Arrows" and he's produced a lot of bands like The Foo Fighters and recently Alice In Chains (in fact he's in the middle of the band on the cover of the latest Mix magazine).

So, I kept Neil occupied as much as I could... talking, trying to make him laugh, a little tap dancing... anything to distract from the delay. Considering what we were told he was EXTREMELY cool about it. In fact he and the rest of Rush are extremely nice guys. Each of them has a very different personality and Geddy and Neil are more quiet and to themselves, Alex is more outgoing. Oddly enough this was the first time I even met Neil in person. I had met Geddy before and Alex I had talked to a bunch of times because he's a huge fan of AmpliTube and believe it or not they get their stuff from esoundz! We sold Geddy Ampeg SVX and SampleMoog. Alex has everything pretty much. I am not sure if Neil uses software though. I don't think so. He doesn't trigger plug-ins from his V-Drums either... not yet. Maybe he will now that we've recreated his kit! ;)

Squids,

Now that this has Officially been announced (for 1Q 2010 delivery)....

What's up with it?

I am a little concerned that the Ken Scott collection is nowhere to be found since this is supposed to be after that.

Mike :?

This thread will be 2 years old in another week...Happy early Birthday!

It just goes to show you how long it takes to make products like these. It has only officially been announced since this past January which is not long. Sharing what we're working on in our company forum is not an official announcement. That's what press releases are for. This is for people who want to know what we're working on so there is a real feeling of being close to the company and in particular with regard to exciting sample sessions such as this.

Anyway, if it isn't released in Q1 it will not be long after. EpiK DrumS A Ken Scott Collection is also extremely close but it is so massive that the finalization process itself takes a lot longer than normal. It's a beast. But both are amazing products. Some of the best we've done.

Hey Squids!

Just my monthly request for an update on the NP "The Kit" library.

Thanks!!!

Mike :wink:

Well it's done but there's the final phase here going through the other companies we're using the engine of - NI and FXPansion. So there is that stage and then it will be released... the more known is our Infinite Player/Kontakt version which WILL be out before the end of this coming month. I would guess BFD version not long after or it could be before... all depends on what sort of final hoops that have to be jumped through.

But, discounted pre-orders start very soon on www.esoundz.com

Great, Thanks! :D

Just think, pretty soon I won't have to pester you about this one anymore!

However....I'm sure I can find something else to pester you about. :wink:

Mike

Squids wrote:the more known is our Infinite Player/Kontakt version which WILL be out before the end of this coming month.

So what happened with the infinate player version that was stated above to be out by the end of May (see WILL in caps above)?.

Also haven't see the discount pre-order anywhere for this......

any update? what happened?

mike1k wrote:
Squids wrote:the more known is our Infinite Player/Kontakt version which WILL be out before the end of this coming month.

So what happened with the infinate player version that was stated above to be out by the end of May (see WILL in caps above)?.

Also haven't see the discount pre-order anywhere for this......

any update? what happened?
It was definitely done before the end of May but there's a process where it has to go to NI along with a batch of other sounds to "Encode" for the Infinite Player. So we're waiting for that to be complete. Should be about 2-3 weeks. The pre-order has been made available though (more info added to the page this coming week but you can place your order for it now).

The discount is for those who have been following threads on the forums and patiently waiting! So all you have to do is pre-order it on this page http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?Prod ... code=NPKVR and enter this coupon code: PEARTNESS and you'll get $50 off! (actually $80 off the MSRP). But that coupon is ONLY for the pre-order time so as soon as it IS out in 2-3 weeks the coupon will no longer work. That's how those deals are. Tell your friends! Haha. This one is a must-have.

Hey Squids that's great news!

Thanks for the "PEARTNESS" too!

:D

Mike

mike1k wrote:Hey Squids that's great news!

Thanks for the "PEARTNESS" too!

:D

Mike
I call Neil "His Peartness". He's like royalty. :D (I'm kidding). Also, some have asked what the crossgrade would be to the BFD version if you got the IP version and wanted both. I can't say definitively yet what it will be but likely it will just be around $50. Ironically that is the price of the coupon so in some ways you could say FREE.... but that is not official yet. It won't be much though as we know a lot of people will want both. So we'll make it easy no worries.

just pre-ordered - thanks
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

Dave - can we pre-order and use epoitz? Or order without the discount and use epoitz?

Hey Squids,

I couldn't get my credit card out of my wallet fast enough to pre-order this (I've been waiting for this!!). Alas, esoundz couldn't process the credit card, and then when I tried to use PayPal, it said something about not being able to use it on a group buy? Is this part of a group buy that I missed?

Thanks!
;tedzzzz

--
Want to refer me some epointz? Use: tedyoung

@tedzzzz,

I pre- ordered today using paypal.

If you click on the Paypal link you do get the gruop buy message, but I just continued through the order process and it directed me to Paypal and it worked.

Good luck!

Mike

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”