Post your wishlist for SampleTank 3

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ethnic sounds could be hella better along with Brass. The brass is WOEFULLY lacking. The last thing would be the variety and quality of synth sounds...or lack there of.
EPhraZe IzReal Music....Ig you need hot beats hit me up.

Another for round robin and import that actually works most of the time instead of crashing most of the time. But I still think it isn't 100% going to be ST3, plus as stated above they will already have all the features fleshed out if it is. Agreeing that this is still fun, though.

Oh and perhaps some normalization or something since IK and other 3rd-party sounds typically consist of over 50% (that's being gracious) sounds that are WAY too loud and distort right out of the box. That's seriously silly to even have to deal with half the times you open a sound the first time, c'mon.
Last edited by buscemi on Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

enhanced import features : formats, versions of formats.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

My 2p ...

- upgrade all "powered by ST2" VSTis to the same level,
- assign any of the knobs/controls to the 4 Macro knobs
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Import...import...import! More formats! I wanna use my SF2s!

+1 for editor, streaming options and more modulation options as well!

I've been using ST2 since ST1 with SF2 and I always wanted to be able to edit the sounds in ST WAYYY more than whats allowed along with use m SF2s in the engine.

I dont mind the interface too much. But a good request too would be to implement a feature that can navigate through sounds quicker. I hate clicking & double clicking. If I played like....it would eb a serious problem.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

have a look at this, from asseca:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=190536

http://asseca.com/wiki/MGUI/SampleTank25GUI

Navigate the browser and load Instruments completely from your PC keyboard.
You don't need a BCR2000 to use it. And send him some ePointz :)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

1. An editor\instrument creator that let the user easily edit or create instruments.
2. A modulation matrix that included more sources and targets, including each stage of the ADSR envelope for amplitude and for the filter
3. A fully developed set of envelopes that control both time and level at each stage of the amplitude and the filter.
4. A stereo width effect
5. A fully developed multi-chorus that included the conventional parameters for detuning, etc.
6. A change in the the way the Zone button works: when the Zone button is pressed and a key zone brought into focus, let each velocity layer appear on actual key9s). Clicking on the appropriate area up or down on a key in the zone would allow edits on only that velocity zone. Would be unwieldy for zones that had more than 3-4 velocity layers, but would be valuable for the many multisamples that do have jsut 3-4 velocity layers. (This could be used for quick edits of a zone, but the user would also have the option of clicking on another button to bring up the full multisample editor.)
7. Soundfont import, even if the envelope and other settings were not always imported well. Just the ability to correctly map the samples to pitch and to
velocity layer would be wonderful.
8. Ideally, some things along the lines of physical modeling in the Effects arena: A soundboard, with controls for size, resistance, and freq cut-off. In the current Cabinet effect, there might also be controls for size, resistance,and freq cut-off.

Jake Jackson wrote:1. An editor\instrument creator that let the user easily edit or create instruments.
2. A modulation matrix that included more sources and targets, including each stage of the ADSR envelope for amplitude and for the filter
3. A fully developed set of envelopes that control both time and level at each stage of the amplitude and the filter.
4. A stereo width effect
5. A fully developed multi-chorus that included the conventional parameters for detuning, etc.
6. A change in the the way the Zone button works: when the Zone button is pressed and a key zone brought into focus, let each velocity layer appear on actual key9s). Clicking on the appropriate area up or down on a key in the zone would allow edits on only that velocity zone. Would be unwieldy for zones that had more than 3-4 velocity layers, but would be valuable for the many multisamples that do have jsut 3-4 velocity layers. (This could be used for quick edits of a zone, but the user would also have the option of clicking on another button to bring up the full multisample editor.)
7. Soundfont import, even if the envelope and other settings were not always imported well. Just the ability to correctly map the samples to pitch and to
velocity layer would be wonderful.
8. Ideally, some things along the lines of physical modeling in the Effects arena: A soundboard, with controls for size, resistance, and freq cut-off. In the current Cabinet effect, there might also be controls for size, resistance,and freq cut-off.
9. Also, I would like it to cook/produce a cheeseburger: however, it should be of high quality Angus meat, and have seperate zone layers for medium-rare, medium, and well done. In addition, it should be able to have full control over the physical modeling of the cheese layer, as well quick editing and import of all condiment settings.
"a confession without need of absolution, without need of redemption"

Scripting, so I don't have to read something like the 8-point list above ever again. I do want the cheeseburger, though.

round robin, key switches and scripting. I think better sounds are a bit of a moot point, since any "new" library with any VSTi will proabaly have updated, better sounding samples.

A note about round robin:

I'm not sure Sampletank uses groups internally, thats the base for the roundrobin feature (you alternate between groups of samples).

If it doesnt use groups i see it a bit unuseful, considering that no existing sampletank instrument has more than one group. It is supposed to work for future releases, sure. But it would mean also introducing editing features (creating groups, assigning samples to groups, alternating groups), that are not actually part of the sampletank structure.

I could be wrong but something tells me that this is not going to be easily implemented at all.
Dream Audio Tools - Sample libraries http://www.dreamaudiotools.com
Archisounds - Music Website http://www.archisounds.net

1. I'd like to see it resizable
2. Would also like to see the modules dockable and resizable as in Sonar
Bobn
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

I would like to be able to use the effects section as an independent plug to process audio...

Now that Squids knows we all want Sampletank3 with features such as round robin or multi-layered samples I wonder if ST3 will be coming... :roll:

<cheeky>all of the above and a cheap upgrade path for those who own other ST products (I've got Sonik Synth 2)</cheeky>
rrrc.bandcamp.com||bandcamp.com/blatanville
"ALL YOUR CUBASE ARE BELONG TO REAPER" - 5.1 Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:17 pm
i9-10900CF|32GB|Nvidia RTX3060Ti|Win 11|REAPER|FLStudio|more plugins than I've had hot meals

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”