Sampletank 3?

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I do wish someone would come up with an affordable and good and fairly universal alternative to that sampler thing made by those people who make that reaktor thing. Or, maybe that's happened but I wish one would catch on.

Xenobt wrote:If you saw anything in the National Enquirer, you may have crossed over yourself, Robojam! "I see dead papers..." :lol:

KVR/eSoundz: Xenobt
Is it gone then? Just the first name of a shitty made up story magazine available at all good check outs that came to mind :hihi:

paterpeter wrote:Yesterday, Humanoid Sound Systems released an update to Scanned Synth Pro 2 (released in 2008, last update in 2010), including 64 bit support, even though they are currently developing the successor plugin (Enzyme).
John [Humanoid Sound Sys] wrote: Yes, I wasn't planning to do any more updates, but Enzyme has been such a long time coming that I felt it was only right to put out an update to keep SSP up to date.
Just sayin' :shrug:
Every company is different, we are making progress on SampleTank 3 and the decision was made to use the resources to get it out instead of updating SampleTank 2 based on reasons and choices we make based on our own data not what other people do.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
robojam wrote:
vespers75 wrote:
vespers75 wrote:
vespers75 wrote:Sampletank 3...that has taken too long already.
I justed wanted to quote that from the post I made on page one, almost 2 years ago...
And that post was made over a year ago...

This is starting to become an annual tradition or something.
Who wants to take odds on it not being available by this date in 2014? :hihi:
If it isn't out in 2013 I'll send you a serial for T-RackS CS Grand. Sound good?
Just had to re-visit this almost legendary thread. :hihi:
Autumn is nearly here, and 2013 will be dying fast... Just sayin'.
"a confession without need of absolution, without need of redemption"

"...by the end of the year" (just sayin')

I almost let the nattering nabobs of negativity talk me out of the group buy. I already owned Miroslav, which I love, and so wasn't sure the group buy had anything I might want. Well, it turns out that seventy bucks was the best music buy I've made since getting on the Komplete bandwagon. On my system the group buy totals 30 gig of sounds, most of which are quite good to excellent. There are a few clunkers, of course, but overall I'm extremely happy with the purchase. Even read the Sample Tank manual cover to cover which was an easy read. (If you learn your way around Sample Tank you'll know your way around Sonik Synth, Sample Moog and Sample Tron. They're almost identical.) They are really easy instruments to work with and the effects are wonderful. I'm just thrilled with this purchase. Don't let the group buy pass you by. And plus, maybe we'll end up on an upgrade path to Sample Tank 3? I'd spend seventy bucks for that possibility alone.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:"...by the end of the year" (just sayin')
There are 3 months left in the year.

I haven't seen any promos, read any about any previews in magazine coverage, heard about an upcoming beta, seen a screenshot of an early Alpha-release UI... Nothing.

None of the three remaining months is slated as a specific target. That's not a good sign. Sounds like procrastination on the part of someone involved with this project.

-Ki
Salem Beats

We haven't done any of those things in the past and if we've done or will do a beta everybody would be under strict NDA. We have a target, but we're not being specific yet. Of course that statement will lead to rumor and/or conjecture but that's the information we are posting and you'll have more information going forward. Thanks.

I am curious how Sample Tank 3 is going to be marketed. As a complete novice, I'd never really heard of any of these music companies until Cakewalk put a baby DAW on Steam and sucked me into this weird reality. In that sense there is a whole world of 6 uninitiated billions that could be reached with advertising. On the other hand it seems almost everyone 'on the inside' already comes to KVR and just the current threads, the announcement that will be made when ST3 is released and the threads that will spawn are probably enough to capture that market without the need to spend dollar one in advertising. Offering a release discount and an attractive upgrade offer to the thousands who already own ST 2.5 (2K more after the group buy) might be a better strategy than spending money on a Super Bowl ad.

Tunesy wrote:I almost let the nattering nabobs of negativity talk me out of the group buy. I already owned Miroslav, which I love, and so wasn't sure the group buy had anything I might want. Well, it turns out that seventy bucks was the best music buy I've made since getting on the Komplete bandwagon. On my system the group buy totals 30 gig of sounds, most of which are quite good to excellent. There are a few clunkers, of course, but overall I'm extremely happy with the purchase. Even read the Sample Tank manual cover to cover which was an easy read. (If you learn your way around Sample Tank you'll know your way around Sonik Synth, Sample Moog and Sample Tron. They're almost identical.) They are really easy instruments to work with and the effects are wonderful. I'm just thrilled with this purchase. Don't let the group buy pass you by. And plus, maybe we'll end up on an upgrade path to Sample Tank 3? I'd spend seventy bucks for that possibility alone.

You guys did get a great deal. I spent over $800 bucks for what you got for $69,,, I bought each one as it came out, so I can't feel too bad. I've had the use all this time, too. I still love it.

One thing you should know, you can install all your sounds in one folder and run the entire library from the Sampletank GUI. What I did was make a folder labled Sampletank Sounds, (but you can name it anything you want) and put all your sounds libraries in that folder. Open Sampletank and click on the preferences tab and click browse and point to the folder with the sounds and click ok. While you're there, select no for relist at start up. (this will allow Sampletank to load faster by not automatically scanning the file each time you load the program, you only need to relist if you add new sounds to your library) Select Relist,,, this takes some time, so go get a cup of joe. When this is all done, your sounds will all be there in Sampletank and you can mix and match sounds from each library. example,,, you can use a pad sound from Sonik Synth 2 and a String sound from Philarmonik in the same instance. Save these as a combination, and you can access them through the combinations dropdown menu. It's the way to run it, IMHO.

Enjoy!! I am a Sampletank addict. lol

ps, you really don't need to install any of the other GUI's,,, just run the libraries from Sampletank instead.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
paterpeter wrote:Yesterday, Humanoid Sound Systems released an update to Scanned Synth Pro 2 (released in 2008, last update in 2010), including 64 bit support, even though they are currently developing the successor plugin (Enzyme).
John [Humanoid Sound Sys] wrote: Yes, I wasn't planning to do any more updates, but Enzyme has been such a long time coming that I felt it was only right to put out an update to keep SSP up to date.
Just sayin' :shrug:
Every company is different, we are making progress on SampleTank 3 and the decision was made to use the resources to get it out instead of updating SampleTank 2 based on reasons and choices we make based on our own data not what other people do.
I guess each user is different, too. We base our decisions on results. I will just say as a long time user and enormous fan of your product that your baiting promises are leaving bees in my head. If it weren't for jBridge you would have one very angry customer here. 64 bit is the new standard and it makes your product look out of date to us. jBridge is a legit solution to running in 64 bit,,, and some users don't know that. Why not just talk to the guy who made the program and pay him to develope an adapter?? He's done a more universal solution, but you never come right out say "go buy jBridge and all will be good.

I think your excuses are starting to look patronizing at times.

I'll believe it when I see it, comes to mind when I think of Sampletank 3.

To be fair, IK is one of the best companies I've ever dealt with for support in almost every other respect. It's just that promising something for three years and never coming through is so lame,,, not what I would expect from IK at all.

harmony gardens wrote:If it weren't for jBridge you would have one very angry customer here. 64 bit is the new standard and it makes your product look out of date to us. jBridge is a legit solution to running in 64 bit,,, and some users don't know that. Why not just talk to the guy who made the program and pay him to develope an adapter?? He's done a more universal solution, but you never come right out say "go buy jBridge and all will be good.
Hey Harmony,

It's good to know that jBridge can allow you to start a new 64-bit project with SampleTank used in this way. However, I am assuming that if you are trying to work with an older project you will have to first open the project in 32-bit, export the SampleTank combi, and then launch the project in 64-bit, create an instance of jBridge with SampleTank in it, and then import the saved Combi and reassign all the MIDI tracks to be properly connected to each ST MIDI channel...?

And then when ST3 finally does come out, in order to work with a project again, where you did all of that, you would have to again export the ST combi, and create an instance of ST3, import the combi and then reassign all the MIDI tracks back again.

Is that about the long and the short of it? I'm just thinking out loud here, hoping that you can either confirm that all those steps are necessary, or is it less tedious than that?

I'm really looking forward to ST3, and still hoping desperately that it will update ST2.5 in such a way that older projects automatically open seamlessly in ST3.

The longer we wait, I wonder if *that* issue is one of the big things that has held back the product release. And I hope that perhaps the waiting is going to mean that all of that stuff has been properly ironed out and dealt with.

I've got so many projects sitting on the backburner that are too congested to continue pursuing in a 32-bit environment. I'm so excited to make the transition and to have a tonne of headroom again, and to finally be able to work on those projects without all the difficulties.

2013 has been a bit of a disaster for me, where releasing intended music is concerned. Hopefully SampleTank3 will arrive soon, and my upgrade to a 64-bit system will completed during the coming months so that I can get back on track in 2014. I want to be creating music with a "dream" setup by the springtime, at the latest.

I have faith that IK is going to deliver! And I'm excited about what new instruments will materialize with this next release. We can never have enough vintage upright pianos, retro basses, horns and everything else. I'll bet there are going to be some really cool new additions. :love:
Somewhere in the background zedd

Hey Zedd!

I'm still setting up the new system, and I haven't had a chance to move my older projects into the new computer yet, but when I do, I will let you know what happens.

I am excited to just be able to use it for new stuff. ;)

At the end of the day, I have faith in IK, too. I get frustrated sometimes, though. ;)

And now end of 2013 is near. No promotion whats new, or a new date. I like see what feature sample tank 3 have.

First important i like, that the program change map can be load automatic on start. this is need for the GM soundkit Omnisynth i buy. everytime i start sampletank i need load program change map.

second i like that there are normal system fonts used, so all can better read.

i am interest to buy more sounds for sampletank, but before there is no update with that features i not buy. I tell this only not that you think currently all buy 2.5 so no new buyers for a 3.0 ;-) .

nice to have is also a arpegiator and step sequencer with some Riffs and licks for Metal, Rock etc....

its 11-11-13 almost the end of year :scared: :wink: :hihi:

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”