Sampletank 3?

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:...we'll put out SampleTank 3 in 2013 and it will be a unique tool with its strengths, just like the current version of it and our other products are and far beyond that. It will probably be reasonably priced enough to be in the tool belt for many and I'm confident it will be a killer product.
Thanks for the update Peter. Glad to be reassured that it is still coming down the pipeline! I remain eager and excited. 8)
Somewhere in the background zedd

Are we nearing the completion here, will it make by summer namm, or are we looking at a later date?

trusampler wrote:Are we nearing the completion here, will it make by summer namm, or are we looking at a later date?
Great progress is being made but the only timeframe we have that is public knowledge is 2013. Not likely Summer NAMM time, though.

At least we have the year nailed down. :hihi:
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote:At least we have the year nailed down. :hihi:
:phew:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Sheesh! I think in 3+ years I could have brushed up on my C++ and coded the 64bit version myself :P

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Great progress is being made but the only timeframe we have that is public knowledge is 2013. Not likely Summer NAMM time, though.
Really looking forward to it's release! :!:

I remain a faithful SampleTank user and hope to continue using it for many years into the future.

The most important thing, at this point, is that SampleTank3 should be able to replace ST2 and automatically load up presets from old projects.

I'm gonna be pretty bummed if the only way to get my SampleTank tracks loading properly in 64-bit is to go back into a 32-bit environment, load a project with ST2 and export the multis to then manually import those into ST3. The OSX transition was painful, since I am dealing with hundreds of projects and idea files which use SampleTank.

So it's essential that ST3 be able to seamlessly replace ST2 without buggering up settings and things that have already been established in a project.

I would rather wait several more months and have my fears prove to be needless than to get the update sooner and find that I am left with a mountain of hours to update all of my projects individually.

But to reiterate the real reason why I responded today... I'm still on board and really looking forward to SampleTank3 whenever it comes around. Very much so! :)

BERFAB wrote:At least we have the year nailed down. :hihi:
Hey! Don't jinx it! :hihi:

i like Sampletank 2.5 a lot. i do still use it from time-to-time but i have basically moved on some time ago to the famous 'K' sampler. i too would also be very disappointed in ST3 if it were not 100% compatible with 2.

i am confused that it has been so many years(!) getting from ST2 to ST3 and we are still not there yet. i also am surprised at the total lack of further sound library development, in particular the Miroslav Philharmonik. that was promised way back in 2006(!)if i'm not mistaken.

there is much to like about the clean interface of ST2 and especially the Miro. i hope all the best things about ST2 continue in ST3 with added features. only then will i be interested...
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

Hey Peter,

I was just playing around with SampleTank and using an Upright Bass instrument that I really like. Unfortunately there is a changing of samples a note or two before I want it to happen and the sample in the next zone doesn't have the same characteristic I want to maintain from the zone which sounds bang on. By doing a lot of extra steps and using assorted means I can get the stretched samples I want so that I can get a better tone to replace the zone I don't like... BUT...

It would be awfully nice if SampleTank3 would allow some zone editing. I would love to either be able to quickly extend the range of the zone I like, and/or simply delete the zone I don't like which should cause the surrounding zones to just stretch out to meet in the middle (the way Kontakt would do it). Having a tiny bit more contol over customizing instruments, like this, would be a very useful feature.

I have a feeling that what I am requesting has already been considered and will be included in ST3, but just in case there is a question about that, I can tell you that there have been MANY, MANY times over the past 10 years where I wished I could do a bit more tweeking of the instrument zones. I have even gone so far as to sample the zones I like and rebuild the instrument (either for SampleTank or Kontakt). It would be so much easier if I could just adjust the zone in a matter of seconds, save the instrument, and be done with it.

There are a lot of instruments in my SampleTank library that I love and plan to continue using for years to come.

Yabba Dabba,

Zedd

Yesterday, Humanoid Sound Systems released an update to Scanned Synth Pro 2 (released in 2008, last update in 2010), including 64 bit support, even though they are currently developing the successor plugin (Enzyme).
John [Humanoid Sound Sys] wrote: Yes, I wasn't planning to do any more updates, but Enzyme has been such a long time coming that I felt it was only right to put out an update to keep SSP up to date.
Just sayin' :shrug:

Logic Pro X handles 64-bit plugins only. Hopefully that will be a kick in the pants to get Sampletank 3 out, but honestly, I'd rather wait and have a solid product than one that was rushed out. Just eager to see what you guys will bring to the table!

I'm a patient, handsome man, but it's getting pretty ridiculous. And with all due respect, ironflippy, there's no possible way the development time on ST3 could be called rushed! :lol:

I just lost a significant amount of Jampoints this month, and have over the last year from all the IK stuff I rave about here. I know the whole point of them is to encourage me to buy, just give me something to spend them on! I bought AT Metal just to keep from losing some, so it's sorta working.

I know, I know, there's no reason to bring up all the iStuff, T-Racks and Amplitube CS or even ARC II here, I just want some new sound sets and a new Sampletank to play them.

We're near the end of the 7th month of 12, and it was promised this year, so we'll see. But I'm reluctantly starting to become a skeptic (like some others here) that the "deadline" won't come and go as it has before.

KVR/eSoundz: Xenobt

Did anyone see the National Enquirer headline this morning "Elvis, Bitwig and Sampletank 3 spotted walking down Vegas Strip together"

Ridiculous!

Elvis maybe I could believe...

If you saw anything in the National Enquirer, you may have crossed over yourself, Robojam! "I see dead papers..." :lol:

KVR/eSoundz: Xenobt

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”