Sampletank 3?

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bobbybland wrote:So this is an official response from IK, it won't be done this year? :?:
No, not official.

Just an assessment based on various threads on various forums/social media outlets regarding ST3, the dearth of marketing/hype material (or even any significant info), the fact that it's almost May already, the short-term trajectory of their efforts (the upcoming launches of MIX, STOMP, PRE, and MIC Cast - not that I'm dissing these products), and so on.

It would be a pleasant surprise, but I don't see it being released in 2012.

I really wish they would update the old ones to 64bit. I'd settle for that.

I wonder if their creating the entire Total Workstation here? IK has only mentioned Sampletank 3, but this seems like a long time to create this one plug.

bobbybland wrote:I wonder if their creating the entire Total Workstation here? IK has only mentioned Sampletank 3, but this seems like a long time to create this one plug.
Sonic Reality did the sounds for most of the other products in the Total Workstation and the main difference between them is the sounds. So, yes, we are working on more sounds for SampleTank - that much I can tell you. However, it isn't speeding up or slowing down IK development as it is in parallel to the development of the new ST3 engine which would power all previous and new SampleTank sounds.

ST3 is consistently being worked on but it does take time as it's not just 64 bit compatibility that's involved. I don't want to wait for it any more than you do. But knowing what I know about it this will be something very tasty when it does come out whenever that may be. Could be this year. But, it's not right around the corner either. We'll have to wait and see.

Finally an honest answer which I can understand n appreciate. I'm happy to know the other sounds from total workstation will come along for the ride.That's great news. Here's hoping it happens sooner then later,but I'm just glad it's coming!
Thanks for the reply.

Will multi's be included in your sound content? lol had to ask as I feel you make some really good ones.

Not sure how the combi part will work exactly. That's the part you do last. While ST3 will read your ST2 sounds there will be some new things about the way the new sounds are done and presented. Obviously I can't go into detail about it yet but when it gets closer of course I can and will. I'll probably do a fresh set of videos digging into each feature like I did years ago with ST2 and Miroslav (not sure why I never did that with SS2... that was a mistake on my part for somehow skipping my synth workstation baby).

Another hold up is that some products over time can go through a lot of changes. I've seen this one evolve for awhile and to accommodate the various angles that users have requested, sound developers like myself have requested and internal IK concepts bounced around it's had its share or revisions. IK takes software 'craftsmanship' very seriously and a big update like this is not just slapped together. There are certain things about it that are possibly my favorite features that I've ever seen (and have never seen before) in a sampler/rompler. It's VERY musical and as long as those features don't change before it gets finished I think this will be one of my all time favorite virtual instruments. You'll see.

But, anyway, it does build off of the current ST libraries and Total Workstation plus I will give you one little hint that might make you want to buy the Total Workstation now while it's at such a good price. Not only will ST3 read the ST2 sounds but it will ENHANCE them. That's all I can say for now. If you don't have Total Workstation 2 then at this price you really should consider it for now and in the future.

Thanks for the nice reply.Can I ask you if this is the best time to buy the total workstation or do u think IK will offer this again later down the road before launch of st3?

I take what you say literal,and trust your judgement here as I know you work closely with IK.I personally haven't ever been able to work well with sampletank 2 because of the gui,it really does hurt my eyes,but I do like its sounds,though I think it's gui and browser really slow me down.

I guess what I'm getting at is,I know I'll buy st3,from what IK has said,those two issues will be fixed,but I'm not sure if I wanna plump more cash down until I think it's close enough,but at the same time I don't wanna gamble on not getting the sounds at a nice price. :help: lol I know u can't say much,maybe someone @ ik can chime in? Hard choice given I don't get much use out of st 2 right now

bobbybland wrote:Thanks for the nice reply.Can I ask you if this is the best time to buy the total workstation or do u think IK will offer this again later down the road before launch of st3?
I'm in the same boat (in a way) - TW sale is almost too good to pass but
I'm not going to pull the trigger because I've just put together a 64bit
monster of a computer and will not install neither JBridge nor anything not 64bit.

So far I'm only really missing some of IK stuff (Sampletank and CSR) and Universal Audio stuff that will be 64bit in a few months.

As far as IK goes, I'll rest assured there's going to be more deals like this, maybe not exactly the same but in the ballpark for sure. IK's got deals year-round.

k

Give or take a few hundred bucks sure maybe. Although getting the crossgrade for $149 is IMO too good to pass up. You CAN still use it in your system now and what matters MOST should hopefully be the music you can make with something. The listener doesn't know what bit it was. ;) Just helping you guys get more bang for your buck! Nothing else offers this range of sounds at this price.

Nothing against that, but I don't think a month goes by without some kind of IK sale.

k

soulata wrote:Nothing against that, but I don't think a month goes by without some kind of IK sale.

k
Not on the same thing and when this sale/GB specifically on the TW2 is over it's over. No idea what will happen next. One can't assume. I really think that if $149 is THE price and price matters then now is the best time to get it. If price doesn't matter and you don't mind spending a hundred or two or more... then that's different.

Plus if you get it from www.esoundz.com you get double the extra libraries with it. Not likely to happen again. I wouldn't bet on that no matter how many great deals you've seen come along.

I got in on an IK group buy that added VIs as it went til it was TW2 two years ago, and the price hasn't moved any since, so don't miss out!

I know the stuff isn't 64 bit at the moment, but as Squids has mentioned, everything is backward compatible with and will sound even better in ST3 which surely will be. Surely. :roll:

There's a staggering amount of material in TW2, and just in Sonik Synth or SampleMoog alone. There are dozens of raw waveforms from legendary synths too (moog, oberheim, sequential, arp, emi) and a great set of quick to use parameters and effects for making your own patches. And when you add in ST XL and Miroslav you have all the basics for making music in nearly any western style.

But if you like a little more sonic spice, the World Instruments and World Grooves are excellent choices for your free libs. WI features stringed, blown and struck instruments from Kentucky to Kilmanjaro, many with velocity layers, rolls, ruffs and special noise techniques exclusive to each one. And the Grooves are well produced loops that feature some really talented percussionists in a variety of world styles and tempos. They make a great pair together.

If you need some great pop sets, try Hip Hop Instruments and Electronic Drums. Both have a lot more than their titles imply, with great strings, guitars, synths and basses in the former, and BIG movie toms, fully produced electro and acoustic kits and menu maps of MANY famous (and infamous) drum machines of the 80's and 90's.

BIG NOTE, if you buy one of the $10 Xpansion Tanks at eSoundz, it gets you the crossgrade price for TW2! Just don't choose Acoustic Piano 2 though, it's 99% identical the pianos in Sonik Synth 2. So don't waste a choice!

KVR/eSoundz: Xenobt

That's not true about Piano Collection 2. Some small cross-over but more like 10-20%. Don't know where you get the 99% from. But, otherwise your advice is sound. ;) Might be a good idea to pick some of the others anyway though as there ARE some very good pianos in SS2 and ST.

Overall I think that's the right way to think about this. Since SampleTank the engine itself is actually FREE now it's really the value of the sounds. If all those sounds aren't worth $149. for the crossgrade then I don't know what is!!!!! Considering that they will be upward compatible with ST3 as well makes it, IMO, that much easier of a decision to get now. Use it now, use it later... for musicians who are making music this is so incredibly useful to have such rich orchestral sounds and beautiful keyboard workstation and vintage sounds. A no brainer if I ever saw one in this industry.

Squids wrote:That's not true about Piano Collection 2. Some small cross-over but more like 10-20%. Don't know where you get the 99% from. But, otherwise your advice is sound. ;) Might be a good idea to pick some of the others anyway though as there ARE some very good pianos in SS2 and ST.
Didn't mean to muddy the waters Squids, torgo or Darkstar (usually rock solid when it comes to ST advice) did a patch by patch comparison of the pianos from SS2 and PC2 during a GB several years ago, and found that only one or two sounds (Graduation Day rings a bell) didn't share the same parent samples, according to hard drive size anyway.

A quick search of torgo's posts popped this up:
torgo wrote: The Piano Collection 2 will be mostly repeats of what's in Sonik Synth. The other XpansionTank libraries you picked up last year will also have some repeats in Sonik Synth, but not too bad - three sounds from Symphony Strings, ten (all small ones) from Cinematik, etc. The Piano Collection is the only one that really gets ripped to shreds with repeats.
It's come up several times over the years here and since I never saw a correction from you or others in the know, I took it as gospel. I stand corrected.

Glad I didn't take PC2 off my hard drives to save space now! :hihi:

KVR/eSoundz: Xenobt

All good and sharing advice is appreciated. To clarify on this, the original Piano Collection 1 content was always different than what was in Sonik Synth 2. Then when we made Piano Collection 2 we added some of the content from SS2 into it as well as a few other things. The idea of the Xpansion Tanks is to get you more sounds expanding your library regardless what ST-based workstations you have.

But, anyway, one may find they have enough pianos in TW2 perhaps and it's not bad advice to suggesting picking something there's not much of at all in the bundle such as loops or other instruments. But if one wanted more pianos and they're getting it for free... well, they may just like Piano Collection 2 in that case.

It's a fantastic deal and for those that don't know we're doubling the expansions you get in the group buy if you buy TW2 (or the crossgrade) from www.esoundz.com The second one you have to pick from the esoundz ST libraries. It's a great deal even just for the TW2 bundle but the extra libraries are icing on the cake!

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”