Squids' Sonic Reality from the road!

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey KVRians. It's been a little while. If you didn't know I've been touring with my band "Sound of Contact" with Simon Collins (son of Phil), Matt Dorsey, Ronen Gordon and John Wesley of Porcupine Tree, Fish etc. The guys back at the SR office are still cranking away as am I from the road on some interesting new libraries coming out this year. We've built up quite a few and they are still coming. Bass libraries with guys like Guy Pratt of Pink Floyd, a sample library with producer/engineer Alan Parsons, Nick Davis, Hugh Padgham and more... plus music (including a full album tribute to Rush featuring Neil Peart Drums in action).

Here are some links to check out what I've been up to if you're interested. Plenty of Sonic Reality and IK Multimedia products were used to make our album "Dimensionaut". I even had the iRig Keys in our latest music video which you can watch here: http://www.youtube.com/soundofcontact

Facebook is http://www.facebook.com/soundofcontact
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/soundofcontact
Web Site: http://www.soundofcontact.com

The Sonic Reality progressive rock project: Sonic Elements is here:
http://www.facebook.com/sonicelements
http://www.sonicelements.com

As for other news from me... let's see... we've already turned in our contribution sounds for SampleTank 3's sound set so that's coming. We'll be doing additional libraries for it too as well as Reason 7 and other formats coming too.

More to come!

Good to hear from you, Squids! You'd mentioned some new stuff coming around new year's, can't wait to see what's in the pipeline. Do you have any idea about a release date for ST3? It's another "this year", that's almost half over! :hihi:

Glad you're getting out and playing with others, it always reminds me that at my core, I'm a musician in a really powerful way. Plus, I spend way too much time playing with myself! :lol:

The new eSoundz web design looks very cool, and Allen is doing a bang up job of keeping the home fires burning here.

I'll close with a quote from an actor friend that's good for so many stage situations, "Fear not, suck not, fall not in the pit!"

KVR/eSoundz: Xenobt

Interesting quote! haha. I'm with you on the "be a musician and get out there doing it". This project gives me the opportunity to exercise a lot of areas of creativity from playing keyboards to sound design to writing/co-writing music and lyrics to producing the songs/albums to performing it live and then also the business side. It's great seeing exactly how my own products fit into my own musical needs which gives me ideas on what we can create next that can serve musicians, songwriters and producers in different ways than are currently being offered. Plus, after so many years focusing on the tools to make music I too want to use them! You think I'd let you guys have all the fun? ;)

As for a preview of what's coming... true I have mentioned things have been coming for years and those same projects are still being tackled piece by piece. More drum libraries with amazing drummers, sample libraries with producer/engineers to capture a very distinct characteristic sound and products like that do take time. But many of them are very near completion so that will be nice. I put more work on my plate by also producing music albums with those libraries to have fun putting them into a musical context... but that is also a labor of love for me.

With regard to SampleTank 3, as you know Sonic Reality just does sounds so the good news is that we've done a bulk of our part in it. We will also be doing third party support for it when it comes out. I don't know when it will be available. IK splits its time between a lot of different popular products so... nothing we don't all know. I'm definitely one of the people that is anxiously waiting for it both as a musician and sound designer but... as a musician I constantly use SampleTank 2.5 and it really does the trick. So, it's more of a desire than a need (for me... I also don't run 64 bit etc.).

Dimensionaut is such a great album!

Always great to hear about your adventures!

Thanks for checking in.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

I just ordered my copy of Dimensionaut. Looking forward to hearing it.

As for new products, I'll be interested in ST3, but I really do like ST2.5. The only bummer is that there won't be many more sound sets available for it in the future, if any at all.

Squids - is the SOC tour postponed?

torgo wrote:I just ordered my copy of Dimensionaut. Looking forward to hearing it.

As for new products, I'll be interested in ST3, but I really do like ST2.5. The only bummer is that there won't be many more sound sets available for it in the future, if any at all.
Actually, that's not true. We're putting together some new SampleTank 2.5 libraries right now and they'll all be upward compatible with SampleTank 3.

Btw yes the tour was canceled for now and we'll come back to the US in the Spring. We're also doing a couple cruises with The Moody Blues and Yes which will be fun.

Shane Sanders wrote:Dimensionaut is such a great album!
Thanks Shane. I'm glad you like it. A lot of SR and IK products were used on it. A good mix of live instruments and plug-ins. I used Sonik Synth 2, Miroslav Philharmonik, SampleTank, SampleTron (and a little bit of SampleMoog as well) plus Serafine FXTron for the beginning of Mobius Slip (Part 1 In The Difference Engine), Cinema Sessions and various samples of voices and things. At some point I might break it down if you're interested to see how it was put together. Interestingly enough there almost no sequencing done on the album. Even the plug-ins were played live and recorded as audio like everything else. We'd run the output of my audio interface into a Neve mic pre into ProTools... gets a little coloration in the process which I like. I can work totally inside the box too but it depends on the project... this is a band where everyone can really play so it felt good to just play live and overdub most of the time.

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”