Steve's attic

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi James and Dan, although your new Attic product isn't compatible with my operating system [X 10.5.8], I think it's a lovely idea, and since I qualify for a 35 % discount, I'm glad the upgrade offer won't expire before I can buy a new machine.

That said, I'd like to know which instruments are played in that strange 'in Steve's attic' piece; is that an EMS synthi?

Also, which is the string machine used in the Barber piece?

I'd also like to know which electric piano is played in 'do analog dreams', and which instruments are used in the background, or is that an effect?

Hello Mr. Bottom,

Firstly, congratulations on not even having switched your leopard into a Snow Leopard! That's impressively stubborn.

secondly : the Barber piece is as follows:

1st Vl - Godwin
2nd Vl - Godwin
Viola - Mini Korg
Cello - Hammond Solovox
Bass - Hammond Solovox

Steve's Attic - off the top of my head, it's:

RS202
SH2000 - little percussive sound
Godwin Strings
Solovox (organ pad)
Omnichord
Univox - Bass sound

The other Analog Dream? piece, i'm not sure, i'd have to check with Dan, who made it.

James

Analog Dreams is the Korg Electronic Piano with a Geosonics pad behind it (Katydids).

cheers,
Dan

Hmm, a Geosonics pad: I certainly could never have guessed that one (in fact I was wrong with the other numbers too) but I'm a big fan of C. Watson, and that Geosonics instrument is a must-have, probably my next purchase, even if I'm not able to use it yet... Sticking to X 10.5.8 is not stubbornness per se: it's because the machine I use doesn't run better with anything else.

Anyway, thank you for the information!

Return to “Soniccouture”