The Attic

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Now this is interesting. I'll be waiting on the upgrade email as I already own at least one of the bundled products.

Then you will probably get an 30% OFF (max 40% OFF for those with all three products) non expiring coupon. There is also an 15% OFF intro price for new customers (that one expires on 02-05-14).

Upgrade emails were sent out straight away - if you don't have one, check spam filters and then email us.

James

Well done, this, guys!

Yet another great looking library (or libraries in this case). I've loved everything else Soniccouture have done, so looking forward to picking this one up.

Soniccouture, is there an expiry date on the upgrade offer?

Thanks James and Paul for the information. Also thanks to the rest of the SC team for putting such a product together.

Would be great to be able to check out some demo patches, I'm not quite convinced about all the content here, the organ and key sections in particular.

Synths:
MiniKorg 700s
SH2000
EMS Synthi AKS

String Machines:
RS202 String Machine
Godwin String Concert 249

Organs:
Philips Philicorda
Hammond Solovox
Jennings Univox

Key-board/tar
LP10 El Piano
Suzuki Omnichord

Numanoid wrote:Would be great to be able to check out some demo patches, I'm not quite convinced about all the content here, the organ and key sections in particular.
Hi Numanoid,
Not quite sure what you mean, can you explain?

James

Lode Runner, the upgrade offer does not expire, but the intro offer does.

Thanks James

I'd love to hear more about the RS-202. How the controls on the original are matched in the Kontakt version, the sampling, the modeling of the classic Roland chorus, etc. This is the main instrument I'm interested in, although the rest seem great, too.

RS-202

We recorded every note of each sound source - Brass, Strings I & II. The two string sounds seem to be the same waveform transposed an octave, but we still felt it worth sampling every note to avoid duplicating samples and therefore losing natural analogue variation from the oscillators.

the controls of the original RS-202 are very straightforward to replicate - tone controls were matched using very gentle high and low shelved filters. Envelope controls are also straightforward, and Vibrato achieved with an LFO.

The question of the classic Roland Chorus/Ensemble - of course here we have to admit that this is not something that can be modelled exactly in Kontakt. However, we experimented with building almost 'physical' ensemble effects, something that we have experimented with for some time in our other instruments. This involves multiplying the sample layers and applying varying layers of phase-shift and other subtle modulations. In this manner we managed to build a very rich, characterful sounding ensemble effect that recalls the Roland. It is not, however, any kind of matched model.

James

Thank you, James. That sounds like you really got every detail you could. I appreciate your eye/ear for detail, your explanation.

Just wanted to chime in...

I bought The Attic back in May but was unable to install it on my Receptor 2 (still being hashed out with Muse).

I just got my first Mac this weekend, and just fired up The Attic today. Wow, these are some wonderful instruments. Full of character and inspiration. Nicely done.

Please, please, please consider doing a Gibson G-101 organ! Hearing your sampling and scripting and seeing those great graphics/controls, I've decided you are the only team worthy of capturing that elusive beast.

Return to “Soniccouture”