SAMULNORI PERCUSSION and Thunder drum

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This new lib sounds great, but I really wonder how to program such a sample set to make the most of it. I am not a percussion player, so it would be really helpful, imho, to have some example or sampled playing licks. How do you guys program this kind of thing to sound realistic?

Also, i love the sound of the thunder drum - are the mp3's only this lib, or are others used? In general it is very helpful if you can indicate which tracks have additional libs on them.

happy christmas.

Hi,
Samulnori is very easy to program, i find, because the sound is so natural - just playing on the keyboard with your fingers produces very natural patterns, especially if you use the Humanise controls. it is best to use quite simple patterns with these type of drums, I find, and then layer the patterns on top of each other and it starts to work.

we can make a couple of the demo MIDI files available soon if that would be helpful.

Thunder Drum :

NO other sounds or libraries or external production was used to produce any of the demos. We DO in fact always state if another library was used in a demo, as you'll see on some other products, but in this case we didn't use anything else. generally we try not to - we only want to show how versatile the product is, we do not want to mislead anybody.

I made the 'Bounty Hunter' & 'Freak Atmospheric conditions' demos, and I was surprised at how easily the tracks evolved.
i just loaded up some of the included presets, one by one, and added to a sequence as i went along, and there were the demos. each took no more than 1 hour.

James

That's really helpful, thanks for the reply. Yes, it would be very useful to see some midi files. And those demos for the thunder drum are amazing, that's why i was thinking maybe something else sneaked in there - I couldn't quite believe how good they were from one source. Some other companies layer in other samples and don't make it clear (which is hopeless really) and I just wanted to make sure - glad you take the straightforward and honest approach.
Great, now I know how to use the two for one offer.
I look forward to see what you come up with next year!

Return to “Soniccouture”