Konkrete 3

RELATED
PRODUCTS
Konkrete 3

hi james, i own both konkrete 1 and 2 but as ableton live partner instruments. is there a possibility to upgrade from the live instruments to konkrete 3?
thanks and cheers
ps. i also have purchased abstrakt breaks 1 and 2 and tremors directly from.

Hi,

There is an Official Live Pack of Konkrete 3 planned, but we are waiting for confirmation from Ableton as to exactly when this will happen. They've been quite busy lately..

James

soniccouture wrote:Hi,
Sorry for the delayed reply :

Unfortunately, this isn't currently possible - any drum VSTi such as Battery 3 and Kontakt cannot be sequenced in Maschine's step sequencer - only a single root note that the pad is assigned to, will be sequenced. The same applies if you wish to sequence any multi-timbral VSTi instrument using Maschine's step sequencer, too.

One work around is to use multiple instances of Konkrete 3, one for each pad/sound, while changing the root note for each pad - but this is obviously not ideal, especially since Maschine doesn't support multi-core processing. Another work around, if using a DAW such as Cubase or Ableton Live, is to run Konkrete as a Kontakt instrument in your main DAW, and then use Maschine to send midi to the Maschine VSTi - however of course you lose the features and benefit of using Konkrete 3 inside of Maschine.

NI are aware of this issue and it appears to be on the 'to do' list, so hopefully NI will introduce this feature soon in a future update.

James
Definitely a glaring omission by NI which you only realise when you try and use something like Konkrete 3 inside Maschine. I'm going to test the Multi versions of Konkrete inside Maschine but i'm guessing it's going to have a lot of CPU involved, using a 2008 MAcPro, so it's starting to get a bit long in the tooth.

I was playing around over the weekend and if you load up sixteen instances inside Maschine and use the Focus button and then select which sample you want to use you can save each kit on your own.

For Maschine users though wouldn't it of been better to have all of the separate samples available as a separate instance? That way you could sort them in the first column as Konkrete 1,2 or 3 and then each kit would be in the second column and then when you browse you could do so in the Maschine Browse menu.

Also not sure but this may save more processing power as Maschine wouldn't have to load all of the samples at once.

Looking forward to some updates. Already loving the sound shaping possibilities!

Hi Guys-

I just bought the Konkrete Bundle (1,2,and 3) as an Ableton Live pack this week. Yep, just a couple of days ago. I just got the mail about going the other way - from the Kontakt version to the Live pack.

Is there any upgrade path from the Live pack to the Kontakt version. The cost for the other direction was very reasonable. Wouldn't mind having both versions.

By the way, very much digging Konkrete drums and Push in Ableton.

Thanks - John

Contacted support and got it sorted. Thanks everyone.

What an astounding piece of work this is. Bought it when it was released - and forgot it as I didn't have any use for it. After couple of years is sounds fresh as ever!

SOLVED through direct support - which was very quick

this is my question----------
I am looking at this during the current sale but have a few questions about midi out

Beatshifter - this looks a lot of fun - what is actually output via Midi? I see from earlier comments it out puts on a single channel, so do you get 6 different pitches on one channel - a different pitch for each track? Can you output the midi continuously, so that you can improvise and catch the full improvisation

Euclidian beats - what is in the midi file that you can drag and drop? As with Beathshifter, can you capture a complete improvisation for say 10 minutes, or are you just capturing the end state

and finally - as a Kontakt under-user, how easy is it to make a multi so that I can access more than one of the included kits at a time

thanks, woggle

this is the answer --------
"In both cases, the MIDI file you can DRAG out is based on the loop length.
Although Beat Shifter will evolve on each repetition if SHIFT is on, the MIDI you drag out will be the most recent loop.
Euclid will create a loop based on the LOOP length, or else 8 bars maximum if the loop length is infinite.

In real time things are a little different, you get up to 6 different pitches on a single channel (pitches you’ve selected). If Kontakt is setup correctly you can route this to another channel (or six other channels) and control other instruments with it. It’s not simple to do, but can be done, and in that way you can capture longer loops or improvisations.
(It’s impossible to capture live MIDI out using Logic btw, you can do it with Ableton or Cubase or Reaper, pretty much all other sequencers.)

You can make a multi, but I wouldn’t recommend putting more than 3 kits in a multi because Kontakt gets confused with all the automation. Better to use a seperate instance of Kontakt for each kit."

Hey Soniccouture.
Are the parameters of konkrete available to host automation?

Thanks
Ben

Just a heads up - be sure to get the latest update of today, which fixes a problem with instrument samples not staying assigned to the tracks in Beat Shifter. :tu:
Studio One 3 | Reaper 5 | NI Komplete 11 | Konkrete 3 | Voxengo Premium | Waldorf Edition 2
Free Kontakt Loop Player | Free Battery Dark Kits | Fight the loudness war - Pleasurize Music

I just bought Konkrete and I have a question. When you load a patch you need to press the playback button in the Beat Tools section before it will be sync'd to the DAW playback. Now if I load another patch the GUI will switch to the Instrument tab and then I have to choose the Beat Tools tab again and press the playback button to restore the DAW playback sync. Is there a way to keep playback sync enabled permanently to I don't have to keep switching tabs and enable playback in Konkrete every time I change a patch?

Thanks
Kraznet
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet

There is no way to do this at the moment. Selecting a patch always turns the transport off.

There may be a way to change this in future, although it would require separating the beat presets from the kit presets. In other words you would no longer be able to store nor recall a kit together with it's beat. The beats would have an independent preset system. We're looking into it.

cheers
Dan
Soniccouture

soniccouture wrote:There is no way to do this at the moment. Selecting a patch always turns the transport off.

There may be a way to change this in future, although it would require separating the beat presets from the kit presets. In other words you would no longer be able to store nor recall a kit together with it's beat. The beats would have an independent preset system. We're looking into it.

cheers
Dan
Soniccouture
Thanks for replying Dan. From a workflow point of view when auditioning presets in the context of the song it would be very useful.
Thanks
Kraznet
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K

If you drag out the MIDI to your sequencer, and play it back to Konkrete with the Beat Tool turned off, you can then step through presets and hear them in context... since you're playing the MIDI rather than Kontakt.

Not always what you want... but could be useful.

cheers
Dan
Soniccouture

soniccouture wrote:If you drag out the MIDI to your sequencer, and play it back to Konkrete with the Beat Tool turned off, you can then step through presets and hear them in context... since you're playing the MIDI rather than Kontakt.

Not always what you want... but could be useful.

cheers
Dan
Soniccouture
Thanks Dan I will try that.

Return to “Soniccouture”