Konkrete 3 recording MIDI output into Logic

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Hoping someone can help. Just downloaded Konkrete 3 and loving it so far, however I'm trying to work out how to record the MIDI output of the beat shifter into Logic. I have followed the reference guide and set up Kontakt as they describe, however I'm stuck at the point it says 'create a new MIDI track' and then 'Select Kontakt 5 as its MIDI input source'. It says to refer to the manual for your DAW to find out how to do this but I'm not really sure where to begin - can someone talk me through it? Any help much appreciated.

Logic is the only sequencer that can't do this. Give Reaper a try, it's free and far more advanced than Logic. (Some would say it's far more advanced than any other sequencer on the market.) http://www.reaper.fm/aboutmidi.php

that's a shame that Logic can't do it, but I'll take a look at Reaper. I'll have to retain Logic as my main DAW, just for speed and familiarity, but hopefully it'll be relatively straightforward to export the MIDI between one and the other.

Cheers for your help.

I believe that it's an AU issue rather than a specific Logic problem. AU as a format was designed purely for plug-ins, not virtual instruments, so MIDI spec for AUs is very basic to say the least, hence the lack of Multi-timbral instruments in Logic as well.

James

Return to “Soniccouture”