Geosonics

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes, it's planned for an update, but is still an enormous job due to the complexity of the Geosonics script.

OK great - I'll look forwards to it. Thanks

aMUSEd wrote:OK great - I'll look forwards to it. Thanks

me too.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

aMUSEd wrote:I've learnt recently that the best way to add automation to Kontakt library GUI elements is for the underlying script to be modified to add automation targets - that is much quicker than the user having to do it for 30 odd params x400 (which tbh is virtually impossible to expect) - so this is something that needs to be done by SC as the script for this library is locked
Did they update the script? (not yet...)
Or, will they update with an automated presets version?
Still, I use it a lot, dig it a lot, like it a lot.... :-)

soniccouture wrote:no, we're keeping that a secret! personally i find it distracting when a synth or library shows the author of each preset, so we're not doing that. the preset library should stand on its own as one set of sounds, not different sounds from different authors, if you see what I mean.

James
LOL, I just bought Geosonics yesterday and came here to find exactly the answer to this question.

I understand your reason. I personally like to know the authors of presets usually since it gives me an idea of which sound designers whose material I like the most, but it is not essential. Putting the designer's initials at the end of each preset name is one way to do the identification. If each preset name is a given number of characters long, then the last three characters can be reserved for initials or something like that. I do that in my personal hardware synths - sometimes so that I can remember which ones I made!
------------------------------------------
Gribs

So far I am really liking this - just going through presets and playing (plus listening to the original recordings). I have been looking/listening to it and your youtube tutorials for this guy a while. I do not buy very many sound libraries, but this one just really piqued my interest. I also grabbed Konkrete 3 (as an upgrade since one of the first libraries I ever bought was 1 and 2).

I am curious whether you guys have ever considered doing instruments for HALion?
------------------------------------------
Gribs

soniccouture wrote:Yes, it's planned for an update, but is still an enormous job due to the complexity of the Geosonics script.

Any news on this? - now that Komplete Kontrol is coming out this would be a huge enhancement for the library as it would enable each instrument to be controlled using the keyboard. Currently I can import the library instruments into Kontrol but can't 'kontrol' them. Also some tags for presets would facilitate database searches.

I agree - we're discussing this right now!

Thanks, that's great - here's how it looks at the moment, I added some basic tags when importing (just types and modes) and used some images from your site to make thumbnails but more refined tags would improve things, as well as mappings to the controller:
Geo1.jpg
Kontrol has scales support which works great with Geosonics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dan, make sure you take note of the quirkiness of $CONTROL_PAR_AUTOMATION_ID. Take a look at KT5-1698 and Thanos' post there. Cheers! :)

Maybe a script isn't the best method then - how do NI manage to set up all their Kontakt libraries with automatable knobs?

Scripting is THE ONLY method to link scripted controls to automation slots en masse, and is what NI is doing with their libraries, too.

That's exactly what I'm pointing out to SC guys ;)

OK good - well I guess it works OK in things like Retro Machines. I thought you were saying it's not without its problems.

It's not without its (potential) problems yeah, but there's a way around - that's why I'm helping out :)

easily my best library to date.

Geosonics 2 could be quite challenging to add new sound sources.

Did you ever consider recording resonances and transmission sound like hum sounds from simplex projector motors or television tubes like Ben Burtt did for Starwars lightsabres or would these kind of sources not fit in the Geosonics philosophy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0WJ-8B6aUM

Return to “Soniccouture”