Geosonics

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just downloaded and installed this new Kontakt Library.

It is a rather unique layout for an instrument - a sort-of 'make your own' approach. The predesigned patches are sonicly very interesting, and the ability to mutate them add to the richness of this set. The combinations are literally endless.

Most of the sounds (original samples) are like unpitched atmospheric pads or textures - maybe reminiscent of the metallic water harp.

Most have quite a bit reverberation.

I have just started to look into this and see lots of possibilities.

This is really great for those who like unusual pads and evolving textures.
Last edited by arachnaut on Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Hurley - experimental music
Windows 10 Pro (20H2 19042.662); i9-9900K@5.1GHz;
Cakewalk; Adam Audio A8X; Axiom 61

Im really interested in this; a fan of Chris Watson's work anyway. Surprised it hasnt been higher profile, but maybe its a bit abstract for teh tarnce and dubstop brigade.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

we're certainly trying to make it high-profile! we'll continue with the promotion and try to get the word out.

arachnaut - interesting that you say the sound are mostly unpitched - every preset contains pitched sample sets so that they are musically playable; do you mean the natural recordings are unpitched?

soniccouture wrote:we're certainly trying to make it high-profile!
sorry, i meant i thought more people here would have said something with this coming up; I posted links to the Chris Watson interviews a couple of days ago, and didnt get a peep, was quite surprised.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

it's all happening on Facebook and Twitter these days, you see!

or you mean KVR in general? yes, for some reason SC products aren't so big on KVR.

James

Facebook and Twitter are preaching to the converted. KVR is where you make new fans and get to see what the competition are doing.

Geosonics looks incredible by the way. It's on my wish list now, but your Grand Marimba, Ondes, EP73 Deconstructed, and Novachord libraries will be coming first.

soniccouture wrote:we're certainly trying to make it high-profile! we'll continue with the promotion and try to get the word out.

arachnaut - interesting that you say the sound are mostly unpitched - every preset contains pitched sample sets so that they are musically playable; do you mean the natural recordings are unpitched?
Yes.

soniccouture wrote:it's all happening on Facebook and Twitter these days, you see!

or you mean KVR in general? yes, for some reason SC products aren't so big on KVR.

James
Personally I have avoided usage and reference to both Facebook and Twitter.

I guess I'm too old for all that stuff.

Hm…

I listened to the "sound design" demos, most of them only halfway through. To my jaded ears, they more or less sounde like dime a dozen ambient patches from any run of the mill Alchemy lib or some such.

Then I listened to the few Chris Watson original recordings featured on the Geosonics website.

Wow! That's interesting!

I'm considering buying the library, but then only for the original recordings, certainly not for the "sound destr…" er, "design".

I only hope that all of Watson's original material is there, in ample lengths.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:Hm…

I listened to the "sound design" demos, most of them only halfway through. To my jaded ears, they more or less sounde like dime a dozen ambient patches from any run of the mill Alchemy lib or some such.

Then I listened to the few Chris Watson original recordings featured on the Geosonics website.

Wow! That's interesting!

I'm considering buying the library, but then only for the original recordings, certainly not for the "sound destr…" er, "design".

/Joachim
The sound design is anything but "run of the mill" with Ian boddy in the mix I knew it would be good but its not good....... ITS BLOODY AMAZING !!! any composer or ambient lover would be insane not to grab this immediately.. the first kontakt library I have purchased that far surpasses my wildest expectations !!!!!..its innovative,brilliant and beautiful.

Spitfire31 wrote:Hm…

Wow! That's interesting!

/Joachim

Hi Joachim,

We understand that some users may be more interested in the original recordings as much as the presets, so both are supplied. The recordings are also presented as instruments, not raw sound files, but it is perfectly possible to use only the raw recording via the instruments.

we have a walkthrough video coming soon which will make it clearer.

James

I would be interested in this if I didn't have payg internet. 6gb download is a bit much for me. More's the pity - I'm a fan of Chris Watson too.

Maybe when I've got more time and money than I currently have!
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

we no longer make DVDs of our products a nobody really buys them anymore.
we have had a few requests this time, so may make a home-burn DVD-r an option.

I don't blame you - you got to do what you can to keep your costs & prices down.

I've had problems in the past with dropouts and intermittent connections making me redownload gigs of stuff over and over again in the past, so I just don't trust my connection these days (failed downloads still costs the same!).

I'll keep my eye on this though - might be able to download it elsewhere if I can get the dosh together at some point. I'll no doubt miss the intro price but the normal price seems pretty fair for the amount of content with it. :)
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

This is fantastic!

I am a huge Chris Watson fan -- my current favorites being Cima Verde and El Tren Fantasma -- his tracks often accompany me in my earbuds while I'm living daily life and escaping to another world.

This is particularly exciting for me because back in 2011 in reply to Soniccouture's survey about what instruments we'd like to see, I took to my muse and submitted that a collaboration with Watson would be, I think I said, "fantastically creative and surprisingly musical," wondering if anyone out there thinks like I do. And voila, my dream came true!

I am so happy for this library, I've spent my first KVR post on it… ha ha.

Purchased and downloading the files right now.

Thank you, Soniccouture and Mr. Watson!

Return to “Soniccouture”