Slow Servers?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Sonicouture,

First off, I'd like say I absolutely love your sound libraries, but...

After purchasing 8 libraries off you guys, I have to get this off my chest, because I have experienced this 8 times over, and it is really... REALLY becoming frustrating!

Can I suggest you guys take your focus away from the extraordinary detail you put into your libraries, and put the same amount of concentration on your servers and/or service providers? No really! Every time I purchase a download from guys, I get this build up of anxiety knowing that I am going to go through a serious amount of data and frustration before the product ends up on my computer... It happens every time!

Today, the average download speed was 20-60KB/ps...WTF? Done a speed test, and nope there's definitely nothing wrong with my internet connection... It got up to 2GBs into the download, something went wrong and I had to restart the download all over again... rinse and repeat... I have a freshly built PC & Windows install FFS, so it can't possibly be something wrong with my system. as everything else is running smoothly... Only yesterday I downloaded a 22GB string library from another developer... in a single day, and not a single problem!

C'mon Guys, it's 2014. Now, you could blame this on the "Summer Sale", but I have purchased when there were no sales, and still the same sloppy server performance... It's been over 12 twelve hours and i'm still not even close to having a 3.2GB product on my computer. Both your EP73 and Vibraphone libraries, for example, took over a week each to successfully download.

Again, full respect for the work you put into your libraries, but as a paying customer, I strongly believe this part of your business needs a serious look at. Your downloads are too slow, and it needs to be fixed or simply don't offer the option.
PC: Intel i7 920, 12Gb Ram, Vista 64 (& hate it), Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP
Hardware: Access Virus Ti, Akai MPC-5000, Novation Nova & ReMOTE 61 SL, NI Maschine, Focusrite LiquidMix
Software: FL Studio and Cubase - Plugins: Too many!

Hi,
I'm really sorry you're experiencing this frustration. It is somethign that seems to get worse during sales.

I see you're in Australia. We're aware that customers further from our servers don't get great speeds, and you're a very long way from either of them.

In our defence, I would like to say that we do have two dedicated download servers, one in Chicago ( for the US market), and one in the UK ( which serves only the EU.) Both servers have their own dedicated 1 GBps line. It's not a cheap solution, and it's one that we hoped would provide a good service to all our customers. What I'm trying to say is, we DID put some effort and no small expense into it.

However, as you are right to point out, it just doesn't seem to work out for some people, particularly those in the southern hemisphere.

Anyway, the good news is that we have a new system in development right now, and it's nearly ready. It's a cloud based system, with a dedicated downloader to ensure that downloads never get cut off. Initial testing suggests it's very, very fast - even in Australia where we have done some tests.

Hopefully it will in place within a couple of months.

Apologies again for the frustration - I am quite happy to send you the products on USB drives free of charge, if you prefer. It will still take a week to arrive, though, I'd guess. Email me via the site if you want to go this route.

James

Guess the new system is not up and running yet?. any way it took a couple of anxious weeks for wurli, ep73 and vibes but I got there :)

On a more positive note the wurli and ep73 are exceptional, have not clicked with vibes yet but not given it the time of the others.

Cheers from a new fan.

Unfortunately it is not running yet, no - a source of huge frustration to us, as it should have been running some time ago.
However, it is our main priority, and it will happen as soon as we can make it.

as an interim measure we are able to provide google cloud links to anyone who experiences slow downloads (usually people further from the USA or UK servers). Please email and ask if you need this.

Glad you're enjoying the instruments!

James

Return to “Soniccouture”