Trouble uploading instrument for the DC

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,

Thought I'd ask this here in case anyone has a quick and clever solution :wink:

Rhythmic Robot's submission for the DC is ready to rock, but I'm having trouble uploading it. The instructions say to upload it as a binary .zip file attached to the product page, which I've tried; but despite it being a relatively small 99.7Mb .zip file, I'm getting a "file too big" error. This happens even though I've deleted all the audio demos etc I've uploaded in the past, in the hope of making room for it.

I can't find guidance on what file sizes are supported, nor on what to do in this case. I suppose I could kludge up something whereby I upload a .zipped folder containing instructions on where to find the actual instrument, and host that actual instrument elsewhere; but that feels like missing the point a bit, and putting extra hassle in the way of the would-be user. Any advice would be very appreciated! We want to get this instrument out there :D

Best wishes,

The Professor (and Mongo)

Okay, I've answered my own question. For anyone else troubled by this, the info is here:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 01#5115101

I feel dumb now. :cry:

20 mb!? Better start splitting things up :tu:

Yeah, it's not exactly luxurious, is it?! But I've got it sorted now; there's a way to link simply to external hosting. I just hope when the DC goes live it doesn't crash my servers... :?

Put it up on mediafire, dropbox, another KVR devs website with permission, BPB Blog etc. Having alternative downloads can only mean more exposure for it!

I found www.zippyshare.com for a good solution, you can upload 1 file max. 200mb and it's for free, i think about uploading my instrument on this zippyshare.com server because my pack is 200mb big...

Frank
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”