Voting - Rules And Restrictions???

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Where there ever any final voting rules laid out?
I can't seem to find them anywhere. Just "restrictions may be implemented" on the main page.

:shrug: No voting for yourself I imagine.
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

I don't think that there's any such rule, we discussed it earlier on.

I think I will refrain from voting though, it'd just feel odd :)
Stefan H Singer
Musician, coder and co-founder of We made you look Web agency

if you use all the plugins.. and vote according to which you like the most.. isn't that honest? i submitted something that i feel to be really great.. so i'll vote for it.. i'll also cast my other 4 votes for the guys who deserve the votes.

hmmm.. I'm halfway between the both of you..

I submitted, and will vote. But I won't be voting for myself, even tho' I feel EQ22 is an excellent piece of work programatically, musically and satirically. However, I would rather it speak for itself in the ratings, rather than have me hype it.

Each to their own I guess..

DSP

i will get more info on this from ben. he's the one that implemented it, but other than picking 5 best, i'm not sure what's running in the background.

tweakbench wrote:if you use all the plugins.. and vote according to which you like the most.. isn't that honest? i submitted something that i feel to be really great.. so i'll vote for it.. i'll also cast my other 4 votes for the guys who deserve the votes.
Not saying that others shouldn't! Voting for the ones you like the most is the way to go!
Stefan H Singer
Musician, coder and co-founder of We made you look Web agency

I voted as well, some entries are really nice and deserve my vote :D

Cya!

Wouldn't that just suck if you reached second place, beaten by one vote. :hihi: :P Or, depending on how your morals operate, won by one vote. :P I'd personally exclude myself from voting (but i'm not part of the challenge, so of course i can easily say that). :P

----With 5 point system, I don't think dev's all voting themselves 1st place would really tilt the scales enough to matter. If it were just one vote per person, best-of-best, then I'd think maybe it could make a 1% difference or something, but not with a 5 point scale system, then yer talking 1/5% tops, and that's if what, only 100 people or less vote ? (My late night math could be off a hair on that one, but you get the idea.) The more people that vote, the more accurate the ratings become ultimately, so in that sense, the dev's should vote, because they'll be helping at the very least, 4 other devs get points to win. :)

Jeff

voting for yourself brings bad luck...and 1 more vote!

there are very nice entries, I have voted yet, and it's nice that you can change your vote until the deadline, so I'll go back to try them

As far as I'm concerned every KVR member is entitled to vote, including the entrants. Vote for yourself, you may be the only one ;)

BTW 96 members have already voted and every entry has got some points so no <frenchaccent>nil-point</frenchaccent> shame!

I'll only vote on the multiplatform stuff, since that is important to me. so I guess I have 5 entries to order.
Shuriken.se, sonic weapons for the music ninja!

We should all just agree to vote ourselves first, so they all cancel out. And then no one will have to feel guilty about it.
Peace & love,
Kevin
http://www.mopis-synth.com/

I have never understood why there is this reluctance to vote for oneself.

Say in an extreme case you compete for the presidency of a country for implementing an agenda in which you really believe (in the ideal case there were free elections) and it turns out it is one single vote who has decided the final outcome.

If you lose and haven't voted for yourself you are an idiot, simply put.

It's a reluctance aquired from education solely I believe as I can recall having been told over and over at school at a young age that it was not correct to vote for oneself in an election in any circumstance.

If you think your stuff is the best, vote for it. If you think it's not and you still vote for yourself it's another matter altogether.

It is one of the very bad sides of christian education (in the loosest sense of the term as it is about a normal laic primary school I am speaking about above) I believe.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”