Acrobatics Alieno

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alieno

Last version: 1.0.9 (March 2008)
http://www.blank-media.it/acrobatics/

Last edited by Acrobat on Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:41 pm, edited 26 times in total.

In Reaper, I loaded a patch, worked fine. Pressed record and it was gone, opened up the panel again while recording and the only way to get sound was choose a new patch.

I tried this a few times later on, and it worked normally though. Not sure about what's going on.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

RunBeerRun wrote:In Reaper, I loaded a patch, worked fine. Pressed record and it was gone, opened up the panel again while recording and the only way to get sound was choose a new patch.

I tried this a few times later on, and it worked normally though. Not sure about what's going on.
I'll try this now, just need some time to install and check..maybe in half n hour I can verify whatya sayin...cheers A.

I'm in Reaper right now, I'll record a few practice takes and see what it does.

Edit: I tried some quick recording, about 6 times. Worked fine. Earlier, I recorded one drum track, then set up an Alieno track, and it quit producing sound when recording.

So, I assume it works fine for me now. I'm using the new beta version of Reaper, I don't know if that's an issue.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com

Well I had 1.8.8 just on my desk so I intsalled it. Nice app! Scanning my looong list of plugins ATM...
"For some reason everyone on this site hates Roger Nichols, loves Zebra, doesn't need a Virus (unless it's TI), uses Reaper, and thinks the Kaoss pad is cool: remember these rules and you'll be popular." (blackboyrockinit)

Ok RunBeerRun my first check at the situation in Reaper 1.8.8: I verified there are some problems with management of presets, that leads to some unexpected changes in patch parameters: name of the patch (sometimes deleted from the list and appears as blank even if the sound is still there) and "Main" volume control resetted to 0 then returning to the correct value... annoying little things, I know,,,
Hope in the next days I'll find out if there's somethin I can do to make it perfect for Reaper host, anyway partially happy to read you can have it working, even if there are those little strange things happening! Well you know maybe THEY 're conspiring also against "Reapers"... :D :shock: :-o :D :) A.

OK since I'm a maniac, I collected all the comments about the synth, also because they were spreaded all around KVR and I want them all here for pure devilish marketing purposes.... no really just want to thank you very very very much, it is really exciting and a real positive feeling that you're playing one of my creations !!!!!! :)

The Chase
"Alieno deserves a vote for the description alone. Best synth description ever, hands-down. The synth itself seemed a bit boring at first but there's a lot more sonic possibility than it looks like at first glance. After a minute or two I was sledging through some rich, squeltchy FM-sounding sounds and cold death pad sounds that almost sound like bending metal in movies. Lovely."

spuddle
"Good sounds, solid and chunky and sci-fi heaven, I like how the interface changes color, nice touch!"

willmorton
"Alieno - love it, makes some great sounds but not the sort or synth I'd normally use."

exonerate
"...that one works fine for me, i really like it, it's got a very SCI-FI sound to it."

RunBeerRun
"Acrobatics Alieno is the clear winner on originality so far, even if it takes up 20-40% CPU."
"Alieno is far better than average soundwise. "

MC-Pee
Alieno's Gui is quite pretty, the Sound is also ok.

Touch_the_Univ
"+1 for alieno"

jshonuffgmail
to me the top vsti got to be Alieno and Super Riff then down the road Element of Surprise

AndroidLove
"the sound is top notch. it's easy to tweak. it's deceptivly packed. can't wait for cpu improvement"
"alieno and oddy stand way out to my ears"

System6
"Very different. A lot of genres and sounds that don't suit me or the style of music I make, but the interface and it's diversity make it fun to play with. Good times here.... "

shanecgriffo
"try the preset 'french split' on acrobatics alieno instrument.. it seems to swing the sound out in 3d behind you, (on my girlfriends laptop speakers it does anyway... quite amazing!)
can anyone else try it on big speakers, i wont be home til tomorrow to try it."
Last edited by Acrobat on Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:36 am, edited 4 times in total.

fav patch: Chernobyl

this is def one of the top synths made for dc

crit: gui is a little big... prolly could have made it a little smaller. lacking a couple labels as well

but, like, how can you have a sound war in the vacuum of space? it makes no sense man...

:D

nah, very nice synth, love the way skins are saved with the patch, don't think i've seen a synth with that feature before..?

.g

I can't get this plugin working... aargh... looks nice but it doesn't help if there's no sound :(

I am using Cubase Studio 4. Every other plugin works just fine, what's wrong???

I just recorded a full song with Alieno in Reaper. The only thing different today, is I use NDCMIDI plugin to filter out low velocity notes(I use a Yamaha EZ-AG MIDI guitar that produces unwanted low velocity notes)

well today I loaded it but didn't set it to filter out anything,....anyhow it works fine.

:o
Wooww ! Starting from A, I tried Alieno (in Cubasis) and it sounds impressive !
8)

Cheers

GaryG wrote:but, like, how can you have a sound war in the vacuum of space? it makes no sense man...

Ah ah yes you are right! :) Well it' a senseless world anyway!!

:D

nah, very nice synth, love the way skins are saved with the patch, don't think i've seen a synth with that feature before..?

.g
No, there isn't (for the whole window),
actually it's the first time you can in the history of VST.. 8) ... !! :D
No seriously I did it to help remember patches and to give them
an inspiring "ambient", kind a panorama to help inspiration of people...

A.

sonicase wrote:lacking a couple labels as well
The lacking labels sonicase talking about are Strums' FADE IN (green knob, smaller) and Strums' BRILLIANCE (yellow knob, bigger) ... actually ATTACK stage of an envelope and FREQ FILTERING (a moogish lowpass)... there was really no space for the label but it's pretty intuitive when you tweak'em! Next version new GUI will fix, promised! A. :)

sonicase wrote:fav patch: Chernobyl
A little tip for synthesis: "Chernobyl" outputs just the reverbed part of the sound. This is possible because on Alieno you have separate volumes for Main Out and Reverb. Using that technique you'll get a lot of ambient patches with ease... :)
A.
Last edited by Acrobat on Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”