Acrobatics Alieno

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alieno

Would it help if I told you that not only is my machine not "fast" its one of those darn P4 (2.4GHz) machines which devs seem so delighted to hear that people are still using?

bobsled wrote:Would it help if I told you that not only is my machine not "fast" its one of those darn P4 (2.4GHz) machines which devs seem so delighted to hear that people are still using?
Over 2.0Ghz I consider them all fast, don't know if it's a fair consideration, anyway I never meant to discredit anyone's DAW, really, bobsled.. I'm not the typical developer who's excited by 1s and 0s... just a crazy guy who wants to share some craziness outthere!

:)

A.

Sorry, my friend, meant only that my machine is not only kinda old but is of a type which was notorious for a denormals problem. This drove devs crazy, still does.

With SM I think the problem is different. I can use some SM creations with no CPU issues, others I struggle with. I'm not bashing SM, I'm actually quite excited about what it's already given the music community and what crazy guys like you will, hopefully, continue to develop.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I like this instrument a lot. :wink:

bobsled wrote: Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I like this instrument a lot. :wink:
I appreciate that, bobsled. Anyway I have really good news for the "no sound" issue!

STILL NOT SURE 100%, but 1.0.4 is coming to fix that!!!

Just let me compile it and send both to KVR and the fix-list people!
Can't wait to see the results!

:)

yay! sound on! good work.

i tried to save a patch but it then changed the settings to just a sine wave. :? what did i do wrong? i pressed save patch,gave it a name...

matbe i tried to save over a default patch or something? it's saved ok now.
got some nice sounds,i like the bars,whatever they are. :hihi: skin changing is cool. where's 8T on the feedback?
cheers. :)

Finally, with 1.0.4b, Alieno is outputting sound on my AthlonXP machine. Loving it so far, and its a contender for my vote now. Thanks, Acrobat!

yes, thx so much Acrobat - you made my day sunny :love:

zerotonine wrote:yes, thx so much Acrobat - you made my day sunny :love:
And it's truly a beautiful day here in Rome!

8)

it seems that all sm synths don't remember the correct patch folder location,i've been testing bagels and it keeps going back their. :tantrum:

spacedad wrote:it seems that all sm synths don't remember the correct patch folder location,i've been testing bagels and it keeps going back their. :tantrum:
I'll check that, it's an interesting spot. Could be annoying to set it all the times.

i'm using eXT1.4.1,maybe it's host thing,anyone? don't worry though,it's not not the important. :)

spacedad wrote:i'm using eXT1.4.1,maybe it's host thing,anyone? don't worry though,it's not not the important. :)
Yeah I think it's the host here it remembers the path in FL and Cubase. :)

ok,thanks.maybe XT2 remembers,i should check.i still tend to use xt1 cos i know it better.

Acrobate thanks for the sound fix. Now working and I'm checking it out . Pretty cool. Is there a manual or help file? Thanks again! Terrific Work!

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”