HybridReverb2: Comments, Suggestions, and Bug Reports

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

c.borss wrote:
jonas the plugexpert wrote:I might have missed, during install, that you shouldn't change the default automatically selected directory?
The intention of the installer is to have the possibility to change the installation folder. So this should definitively work. I tried to reproduce this behavior, but it just works as expected. What exactly did you do? Which directory did the installer propose and what did you choose instead and which OS (version, language) do you use?

Ciao,
Christian
Pfff, 'exactly'? :) Just installed it to my standard "C:\Program Files\~AUDIO\AUDIO PROGZ" folder and the vst's to "C:\Program Files\~AUDIO\VST(I) PLUGZ\~FREEWARE" folder.

As wavelab crashed I cut the vst's to another subfolder, namely: "C:\Program Files\~AUDIO\VST(I)s die wavelab crashen".

I'm Dutch :) using a Vista premium, Intel core2 duo laptop with 4 gig ram.

I think the installer proposed: "C:\Program Files".

Cheers,

r

Regularly crashes Live 8/OS X 10.5 .

There is a problem with installer and plugin ini, If you install this in any other folder than default (which is C:\program files\HybridReverb2) then it became pain everytime you load this. you need close/cancel 50 windows before plug show up. Please fix this if possible.

So I uninstalled and re-installed in the installer default folder for the timebeing. Everything seems ok. I am on XP.
Tools are tools, they don't produce anything...

I ran into the same problem as SonicBreeze. (Btw, I'm using WinXP Pro 32 bit.)

- Install HybridReverb2 into my VST folder
- Load Cubase SL3
- Load HybridReverb2...everything is fine
- Close the plug and reload it
- The plug-in can't find its files and says its looking for them in C:\Program Files\HybridReverb2\

A check of the registry confirms the problem. Manually editing the registry back to what it is supposed to be does not solve the problem because reloading the plug-in causes the registry entry to revert to Program Files again. I tried de/reinstalling the plug and trying again, and got the same results.

SonicBreeze wrote:There is a problem with installer and plugin ini, If you install this in any other folder than default (which is C:\program files\HybridReverb2) then it became pain everytime you load this. you need close/cancel 50 windows before plug show up. Please fix this if possible.

So I uninstalled and re-installed in the installer default folder for the timebeing. Everything seems ok. I am on XP.
I'll try to track down the cause. :-o

Thank you for your bug report,
Christian

SonicBreeze wrote:There is a problem with installer and plugin ini, If you install this in any other folder than default (which is C:\program files\HybridReverb2) then it became pain everytime you load this. you need close/cancel 50 windows before plug show up. Please fix this if possible.
confirmed

ugo wrote:A check of the registry confirms the problem. Manually editing the registry back to what it is supposed to be does not solve the problem because reloading the plug-in causes the registry entry to revert to Program Files again. I tried de/reinstalling the plug and trying again, and got the same results.
Thank you for this helpfull description!

I've just uploaded version 2.0.2 which fixes this problem.

Ciao,
Christian

Hello Christian,

Your reverb rings magnificently well, and is going to make the happiness of many lovers of the sound.

However for the moment, systematic crash in the closure(lock) of ableton Live 7.15 on osx Leopard.

Deeply the update.
Thank you still for this magnificent free tool.
.R.

I select you as first place.

BTW, do you pay a license fee to JUCE?

huihuide wrote:I select you as first place.
Great. :)
huihuide wrote:BTW, do you pay a license fee to JUCE?
No, I don't have to. I always wanted to write a free and open source plugin and as JUCE is a free library, it was a good option for writing such a plugin. If someone wants to use JUCE for a commercial project, he/she can purchase a commercial license for JUCE. Julien's license model is very similar to Trolltech's license model for Qt - you either have to publish your software under a GPL license or pay for it.
Lauwrens wrote:Your reverb rings magnificently well, and is going to make the happiness of many lovers of the sound.

However for the moment, systematic crash in the closure(lock) of ableton Live 7.15 on osx Leopard.
The problem with supporting the OS X version is that I don't have a Mac. :?
(Should I win a prize for the best Mac software, then spending the money on building a Hackintosh running Snow Leopard would be a good option. And before someone asks: yes, I would definitively purchase a full OS X license for that. I just don't like the maintenance-hostile hardware which Apple sells at the moment.)
Right now, I could only guess what's wrong and even if I would find the reason, I would have to ask a friend again if he would borrow me his MacBook for compiling it...

Ciao,
Christian

Thank you for this.
No longer a moderator.

your latest (2.02) version still crashes on closure for me

but I'd like to say this is an amazing reverb with fabulous control features
I'd add the word addicting but actually this is really a fine implementation for what I like in a software reverb
Stupendous! and yet it's for free

I'm very impressed!

wacky computer details
XP32 on an AMD K9 (4400+ dual cpu) host is MakingWaves5.4something (which might be the issue here)
for entertaining porpoises only

I hope that he will indeed want to lend you his mac book...
The compatibility on various "os" is a real advantage for the chalenge I think.Anyway there is no more complete free convolution reverb for osx , it's a real good idea.
I hope your project perfectly run for the end.
I remain connected for osx update and vote 5 point for you.
.R.

Nice reverb :tu:

I just wanted to ask about your presets. I see when you change the distance from 1 to 16m the dry gain changes. I wonder is this somehow calculated to put things in distance, because i don't see any change in pre delay.

Thanks
Last edited by gts on Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
me

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”