DC12 is Here (August - December 2012)

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jobromedia wrote:Well better late than never. It's just around 15 hours until midnight 1st August.
I wouldn't recommend sitting on your computer awaiting midnight. :lol:

It'll go live some time tomorrow, probably late afternoon GMT.

Ben [KVR] wrote:
jobromedia wrote:Well better late than never. It's just around 15 hours until midnight 1st August.
I wouldn't recommend sitting on your computer awaiting midnight. :lol:

It'll go live some time tomorrow, probably late afternoon GMT.
how is it possible to take part.. and until when do i need to make the upload ???

kind regards

carsten

All details will be revealed on the DC dedicated page. Just wait till it's up.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Well people the game is on! The data has been revealed. Time to start coding!
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

essentially 2 months only hmm I hope that doesn't squish the quality of development..

and no reaktor category.. boo..

Glad to see it back in any event :)

Not sure if I will have time to enter, will have to code fast!

Glad to see the DC back though :)

Perhaps the dates could be extended by a month...

As for a dedicated Reaktor category, I think that should fall into soundware.

2 month's definitely way too short for my taste. I'd rather see development time extended to 4 months. Voting in December, announce the winner in January. It might seam a bit stretched, but it'll give plenty more people the opportunity to enter with quality productions. The main reason why Jagular failed so miserably was because I simply didn't have enough time to fix the synth. Then I reinstalled my computer, and I had to pretty much reinvent it from scratch, so it fell down in priority since I was producing music for my upcoming record deal. So Ben, please 4 months.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

I've extended it to three month dev time.

Three months time is perfect, I'm in :)

Thanks Ben!

still looking to hook up with a coder for some artwork :)

Ben [KVR] wrote:Perhaps the dates could be extended by a month...

Please reconsider (for next time I suppose) as Reaktor isn't soundware. Synth presets are soundware. Reaktor is a full modular environment where one developes synthesizers and effects. It's a different animal than just programming simple sounds.

VitaminD wrote:

Please reconsider (for next time I suppose) as Reaktor isn't soundware. Synth presets are soundware. Reaktor is a full modular environment where one developes synthesizers and effects. It's a different animal than just programming simple sounds.
Reaktor isn't soundware, totally agree!
The only way it would be fair to fall under soundware is when, for example one makes a patch bank using a custom Reaktor synth and includes the synth also.

Reaktor is modular, but can't export as plugins. There could be a modular category, maybe. It could include Max, Pd and others.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

VitaminD wrote:

Its not self-contained, though. I guess that's what Ben ultimately means by 'soundware.'

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”