It comes !

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nielzie wrote:
mystran wrote:I'm also currently targetting the contest, except I have no idea what I should actually submit...
Some massive filterbank, with mod matrix 8)
Well, that is rather unlikely.

Seriously though, I have a few things that could make it before deadline, but I should pick which one to finish.. :P

I am desperately trying to get mine done in time. As we speak it is calibrating.... Will be my first plugin so I had a steep learning curve but I am getting there! The lack of being able to put it out there to be tested is a pain as I worry about it not working under different hosts etc.

Nobody forbids you to ask some people to test it.
Last edited by stanlea on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Previously we could request beta testers, is that not the case this year?

Design and testing must be done in private - public beta testing is not allowed as this may affect the voting process.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

I'll volunteer for beta testing to anyone that wants it for Windows XP 32bit and Win7 64bit. Reaper/AudioMulch. Just PM.
miedex

miedex wrote:I'll volunteer for beta testing to anyone that wants it for Windows XP 32bit and Win7 64bit. Reaper/AudioMulch. Just PM.
I've read in the rules that no beta testing is allowed.. :wink:
"For some reason everyone on this site hates Roger Nichols, loves Zebra, doesn't need a Virus (unless it's TI), uses Reaper, and thinks the Kaoss pad is cool: remember these rules and you'll be popular." (blackboyrockinit)

Acrobat wrote:
miedex wrote:I'll volunteer for beta testing to anyone that wants it for Windows XP 32bit and Win7 64bit. Reaper/AudioMulch. Just PM.
Ofcourse beta testing is allowed. Public beta-testing is not allowed.

Ok, I have a dilemma:

I was late getting going and the 'killer feature' of my entry (maybe it's reason for being) ain't happening, certainly not before the deadline.

So, as I have the framework/support modules done, is it worth me bundling them up into a 'lesser' plug and entering anyway? An analogy would be a fairly standard va synth (but nicely done ;)) with innovative waveshaping oscs, if the oscs are omitted is the rest still worth entering (no, i'm not entering a synth so i'm not disclosing anything).

I guess my 'moral' dilemma is over the spirit of the competition; I'm certainly not entering just to try and grab a prize but kind of don't want to be seen entering any old tosh just to try and grab a prize. :) Y'know? Is entering anything a valid way of supporting the challenge? Bit like those boxcar derby race thingies, most people don't expect to win and know they haven't a chance in hell but still enter just for the fun of it..?

Anyone any idea what I'm trying to say? :)

cheers.

GaryG wrote: Anyone any idea what I'm trying to say? :)
Hi Gary, dunno if I really got the picture,
but isn't FUN absolutely necessary to do ANYTHING afterall...?
:wink:
"For some reason everyone on this site hates Roger Nichols, loves Zebra, doesn't need a Virus (unless it's TI), uses Reaper, and thinks the Kaoss pad is cool: remember these rules and you'll be popular." (blackboyrockinit)

mystran wrote:
Nielzie wrote:
mystran wrote:I'm also currently targetting the contest, except I have no idea what I should actually submit...
Some massive filterbank, with mod matrix 8)
Well, that is rather unlikely.

Seriously though, I have a few things that could make it before deadline, but I should pick which one to finish.. :P
Pick the most challenging project -> it is a Challenge after all. I don't think it would be a valid entry - if it was not made with some blood, sweat and tears. My entry is something I've never done before, nor is it something I'm completely familiar with - that makes it fun to me. I already got my official - Developer's Version - KVR Flame-Resistant suit on :wink:

Andrew

ok,
i have almost finished!
mmm it takes effort to keep secret :)

g200kg wrote:ok,
i have almost finished!
mmm it takes effort to keep secret :)
I'm atleast finished on the GUI side - much thanks to You actually.
Still busy under the hood - wrench in hand 8)

mystran wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
What does that mean though. I mean I know I cannot just put my plugin in a place for everyone to download to test but on the other hand if I want to recruit a few people to test it I will need to post in public here and be sure the tester will not spread the plugin around.

Keith99 wrote:
mystran wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
What does that mean though. I mean I know I cannot just put my plugin in a place for everyone to download to test but on the other hand if I want to recruit a few people to test it I will need to post in public here and be sure the tester will not spread the plugin around.
i know there was a case some developer posted a recruit message to this forum that says need a few people for specified host-app compatibility test.

keeping secret of testers are probably a gentleman's agreement.
as of now, probably that is not a problem.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”