first impressions of the DC12 entrys

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kevinkripper wrote:I posted twice my last comment so I replace it with this one. Sorry about that. Does anybody know how to delete a post here? Thanks.
I read somewhere that you can't delete a post, you can only edit it. I may be wrong though.

Yeehaaa I got two tracks working. But it used up all 4 channels. I think all the audio files in Ableton Live Demo are in stereo. Be back later. Going to find some mono files elsewhere. :)

harryupbabble wrote:Yeehaaa I got two tracks working. But it used up all 4 channels. I think all the audio files in Ableton Live Demo are in stereo. Be back later. Going to find some mono files elsewhere. :)
mmm all imputs in the S8 are stereo (thats why S8, stereo eight). So, if your Jack has 4 mono outputs you will see only two waveforms in the S8. In Mac I set up to 6 mono I/O, so only three waveforms. Thats why I love Soundflower, because the last version has 64 mono I/O so you can obviously have 8 waveforms on screen (and much more)! But anyway, there are others virtual cables for windows. I said Jack as an example, but I'm really happy you actually did all the connections!!
if you happen to use Ableton in a near future I have a vst version that only runs on it and works really well! Send me a pm if you need anything. Cheers!

Kevin, I don't know what I am doing wrong. I can only manage 2 sounds to display. Here are my setups.Image

But anyway, there are others virtual cables for windows.
What are the names please and where to get them. :)

Kevin, I found this in the Jack manual:
By default, JackRouter is set to provide 4 Input and 4 Output connections. This setting can be customized to suite your needs by editing the JackRouter.ini file within your C:\Program Files\Jack\32bits (or C:\Program Files\Jack\64bits folder depending of the JackRouter 32 or 64 bit version). In Windows Explorer, right click on the file and choose the 'Edit' option. Change the settings in the [IO] portion of the file.
From the look of the picture from before, I think I hooked up my Jack routing waaaaaaaay wrong. But it worked for two tracks. Does not make sense. :?

That's it for me for today, talk to you tomorrow if I get SA S8 fully working. Thanks again. :)

Kevin, I think the problem is ASIO4ALL. It seems the thing can only handle a maximum of six outputs... or three stereo tracks. :( I hope I'm wrong. I can't think of anything else. Okay, it's really getting late here. Bye for now.

harryupbabble wrote:Kevin, I think the problem is ASIO4ALL. It seems the thing can only handle a maximum of six outputs... or three stereo tracks. :( I hope I'm wrong. I can't think of anything else. Okay, it's really getting late here. Bye for now.
As I've said in my last post, if your Jack has 4 mono outputs you will see only two waveforms in the S8. In Mac I set up to 6 mono I/O, so only three waveforms. Try in Jack's settings to set up more I/O, you will need 16 mono chnls to take full advantage of the S8. I don't think ASIO4ALL has something to do with this, is clearly a Jack setting problem, from the manual: "By default, JackRouter is set to provide 4 Input and 4 Output connections. This setting can be customized to suite your needs by editing the JackRouter.ini file within your C:\Program Files\Jack\32bits (or C:\Program Files\Jack\64bits folder depending of the JackRouter 32 or 64 bit version). In Windows Explorer, right click on the file and choose the 'Edit' option. Change the settings in the [IO] portion of the file."

mmm on the other hand I thnk your are doing the connections in a wrong way. Try this connections after setting your speakers as your output device in the S8 (in my case i put as my output audio device my saffire pro). Good luck!

IT'S WORKING!!!! Hi again Kevin. You are right about ASIO4ALL not being the problem. I tried your Jack setup but it didn't work. After a lot of trial and error, the set up in this picture is what worked for me. Must be a Mac versus Windows thing.

In the picture, only 6 sounds are being displayed because at the time that I pressed the "print screen" button, only 6 instruments were playing but definitely all 8 instruments showed up at one point or another.

Great application. I think I am going to have to revise my current votes and put your application in the top 5 because I think it is going to be very useful to me in the future.

I want to make a video for the scrabble crowd or anybody else who may be interested in this stuff and about how to setup SA S8 but I don't know how yet because Windows 7, Unlike Windows XP, seems to be problematic about letting more than one application use the audio. I could probably make a video using a Windows XP, but first I need your permission to do so. May I?

Okay, thanks again for your patience and for putting up with my amateurish questions. :)

harryupbabble wrote:In the picture, only 6 sounds are being displayed because at the time that I pressed the "print screen" button, only 6 instruments were playing but definitely all 8 instruments showed up at one point or another.

I looked closer at the picture and see I was fooled by the red line and the pink line looking like one pink line. Yes there are 7 lines, not 6.

Can you move all this support messages to a specific topic please? ;)

Oops, sorry about that scalawag and everyone. Kevin, where exactly is the Spectrum Analyzer support thread? I can't seem to find it. :?

harryupbabble wrote:Oops, sorry about that scalawag and everyone. Kevin, where exactly is the Spectrum Analyzer support thread? I can't seem to find it. :?
Hey, awsome Harry, well done!!! And yes, of course you can make a video tutorial! I have just create a support thread so if you wanna copy your pics there here is the link. Cheers and sorry everyone!

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=365737

Compyfox wrote:
kevinkripper wrote:
Compyfox wrote:I'm through the most of the FX plugins - at least the ones that interested me the most.

I unfortunately had to ditch "Hot Robot", since it needs NET4 and Spectrum Analyser S8 (needs Max Runtime).
Hey, I've updated the Spectrum Analyzer S8, so Max 6 Runtime is no need it now! You can download the last version from here http://www.mediafire.com/?6yxaevzwtvalwgy . I hope you like it!

Tested it - started without problems. But I didn't expect a "stand alone" version, but a plugin version. Since it's pretty much undocumented, I didn't want to mess further with my system (even if I can roll back).

I guess that this works with virtual audio cables, or routing if it's stand alone. But as I said - I didn't want to dive into that.

I'll keep my eyes on this one. Maybe it's turning into something bigger than it already is. But for the time being, I think I stick to BlueCat Audio - should I be in need of multi channel FFT's.

But thanks for programming.
I made a new update for the S8, that is to use it with ReWire protocol. But i dont know if I can distribute it now'cause its a new feature. But now, its not necessary to have jack installed or do any routing. Cheers!

Busy these days testing myself. I'm doing my best as bug reporting did not help as expected.

I think the plug-in can be used trouble-less now as I fixed some bugs mostly related to preset/patch management:

- Fixed LFO Square Wave causing legato at lower rates.
- Fixed Envelope Mode not loaded as shown after changing patch.
- Fixed P.Bend control reset to -64 after changing patch.

I'm cooking some presets now and within the week 'Trans Computer Maschine' v1.04 will be available for download.

Regards,

Walter

Please, CMT, dont spamed all Threads with the same text :o
You have your own Support-Thread, quite right ?
thanks for understanding ;)
love&peace

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”