first impressions of the DC12 entrys

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Keith99 wrote:
IrionDaRonin wrote:Just my issues. I hope devs can fix them before deadline. I want to make my votes properly with all plugins working.
FL Studio 10 Windows XP Home 32 Bits.

·ClipShifter: Only 64bits installer.
·Hydra: Gui won't load. But it sounds.
·Matrix 8000: Cpu Intensive. +80% in an AMD3 Quad Core at 3,2 Ghz.
·Soundrider: Not working, FL Frozen.
·RadioJunk = Error when load.

·The Penutimate Trilogy (5,6 Gygabytes) = Rar damaged. Always, Direct Download or JDownloader.

EDITED: I downloaded some new updates and now worked. Deleted from the list.

Have a good day :)
0.65 should have fixed SoundRider in FL
Let me check it, thanks to you too :)

IrionDaRonin, party time ! Quite a few of the devs have set up support threads under DC Chat and are addressing the issues. I think I know where the dev of matrix 8000 hangs and I'll give give 'em a nudge, but it's late night so may be tomorrow some response.

IrionDaRonin wrote:
Keith99 wrote:
IrionDaRonin wrote:Just my issues. I hope devs can fix them before deadline. I want to make my votes properly with all plugins working.
FL Studio 10 Windows XP Home 32 Bits.

·ClipShifter: Only 64bits installer.
·Hydra: Gui won't load. But it sounds.
·Matrix 8000: Cpu Intensive. +80% in an AMD3 Quad Core at 3,2 Ghz.
·Soundrider: Not working, FL Frozen.
·RadioJunk = Error when load.

·The Penutimate Trilogy (5,6 Gygabytes) = Rar damaged. Always, Direct Download or JDownloader.

EDITED: I downloaded some new updates and now worked. Deleted from the list.

Have a good day :)
0.65 should have fixed SoundRider in FL
Let me check it, thanks to you too :)
I was able to recompile Clip Shifter to work with Windows XP. On my site (http://www.lvcaudio.com/plugins) I uploaded a test version that works on XP. I haven't changed the default zip file in the KVR database yet, but it is there if you want to try it out. I will do some more testing and then update the file within the KVR system.

Moe Shinola wrote:Transient: HOO-RAY! Best de-esser I've ever used.
Would you care to elaborate on setting? I've been trying to make it act as deesser, but with poor results, I don't think I'm fully getting it.

3ee wrote:Maxwell Smart (sounding pretty good but it's got this annoying clip/click when I load it and when I stop playback in FL Studio)
Thank you for your kind comment and for pointing out this issue. I just finished fixing this (at least on my 2 different systems running FL Studio) and some other bugs and updated Maxwell Smart to version 1.01.

LivelyAudio wrote:
3ee wrote:Maxwell Smart (sounding pretty good but it's got this annoying clip/click when I load it and when I stop playback in FL Studio)
Thank you for your kind comment and for pointing out this issue. I just finished fixing this (at least on my 2 different systems running FL Studio) and some other bugs and updated Maxwell Smart to version 1.01.
Hey thanks, I'm off to get it, good luck! :)

Zombie Queen wrote:
Moe Shinola wrote:Transient: HOO-RAY! Best de-esser I've ever used.
Would you care to elaborate on setting? I've been trying to make it act as deesser, but with poor results, I don't think I'm fully getting it.

I'll post the 2 presets I made and you let me know what you think.
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

Correction: This plugin is sounding VERY good! :tu:
If it passes the next few audio and stability tests I'll be sure to consider using it during mixing... and on the master channel when I'm not using Ozone5.

Thanks again for the cool plug! :)

mbreges wrote:
ccDuckett wrote:Haven't played with each and every entry, but some first thoughts/impressions:
Agr does what it says on the tin. The mini-keyboard/level display is a nice touch, but I can't get too hot and bothered over yet another 16-step MIDI sequencer. (Has anyone released one named YAMS? If so, why not "SweetPotato" next?)
Hi, thanks for glancing at Agr!
You know, it's not just a 16-step sequencer, but 'up to 16 steps'. The number of steps is variable. It works in any time signature, e.g. 5/4 or 7/8, not just 4/4.
And the end/start point of the sequence doesn't have a single tick lag, and it's not a huge 16 paged panels structure inside dll, but just two native SynthEdit's Step Counter modules (syntheditusers group people know what I mean).
Thanks for responding- sorry if my comments come off on the snarky side;
it's true that other sequencers I've used have had drift or lag issues at times (and yes, I'm talking about when set to "sync", and not "free run" or "internal")- so, if Agr does stay razor-sharp, even when multiple instances are set to varying steps in 7/4 for the length of a project, kudos to you.

My previous comment had more to do with the fact that many people's first forays into plugin development seem to be compressors, eqs, filters, mini-ROMplers or VAs, or.. yep, MIDI sequencers- hence, there is never a shortage of them, and whether they offer something different or not, a new offering in these categories often prompts a gut reaction of "yawn", even if the plugin does things better, or differently, than their predecessors.

I'll be giving Agr more of a workout, never fear ;)

LivelyAudio wrote:
Another issue I've just found out is that it doesn't recall settings.

Moe Shinola wrote:I'll post the 2 presets I made and you let me know what you think.
Please, do.

Some great entries. Too bad you can only vote for 5. First off, Azurite I like, but the 64 bit refuses to load in FL on Win 7 64 bit. I like Transient (thank you for a decent free transient shaper), Poly 2016 sounds heavenly. Might have to make some patches for it. Love Delay Studio and will be using that a lot. Particles Of God: Reaktor only, but now I have that pitched down delay effect I want so bad. I like Boids, but it has a very metallic tone to it. I love Philteroid, but it won't output unless the switch is set to Sensitive. Guitar Amp Sim is a beast and be sure and turn your volume down before running it. Can put Guitar Rig to shame (almost)

osiris wrote:Some great entries. Too bad you can only vote for 5. First off, Azurite I like, but the 64 bit refuses to load in FL on Win 7 64 bit.
I'm glad you like it. I released v1.0.2 a few days ago with some bug fixes, so if you're running an earlier version you can download it again to update. The readme.txt file will show what version you have.

Thanks D, Will re d/l.

3ee wrote:Correction: This plugin is sounding VERY good! :tu:
If it passes the next few audio and stability tests I'll be sure to consider using it during mixing... and on the master channel when I'm not using Ozone5.

Thanks again for the cool plug! :)
Thank you! Great to hear you like it so far. Please let me know how the tests went when you're done!
3ee wrote:Another issue I've just found out is that it doesn't recall settings.
You're right! This was supposed to be fixed in the Maxwell Smart 1.01, but apparently it didn't work on all daws (seems like I should pay more attention when testing with FL Studio :) ). Anyway thanks for letting me know.

Just updated to 1.02, and created a thread for Maxwell Smart support: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=364959

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”