first impressions of the DC12 entrys

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

GaryG, yes you've got the point.
Initially I was developing a standalone guitar fx processor, but then I've realized I'm reinventing the wheel by doing what actually should be a VST host's job. So now I'm focused on separate FX blocks instead and the plan is to release them one-by-one. One of them is definitely going to be an amp tonestack sim, modeled after a number of well-known circuit designs.

3ee wrote: KlingKlang - buggy, but highly addictive, fun!
Glad you like,plese let me know something more about the bug :oops:
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

The Space 360: A very interesting reverb and stereo placer. But I would really appreciate an "snap" option on the 2D position graph.

The Kamioooka: Seems to be cool at the first sight, but when I tested it, the sound doesn't impressed me to much

Full Bucket Frequency Shifter: I will try it later. It's not a very commom kind of plugin.

Transient: VERY useful! VERY good! Simple, efective and has a really beatiful GUI.

Xoxos Sifft: This guy ever shows up with weird stuff. And I love all of that! I need to do more tests, But this one seems to be a very useful sound design tool.

HYDi: I like things that do strange and wild noises!

Philteroid: Simple doesn't work on FL Studio. I'll test on sonar and reaper.

Minisynth series: Bugs! But what I could hear, sounded good.

I was expecting more entries, and I missed some other very well-know guys here, like Novaflash, H.G. Fortune, Terry West, Mildon... (maybe Urs?).

I'l be the first then to praise Heliox by the mysterious Remingo Coco. I almost passed on this one because of the plain boring look of it but this guy appears to have some real DSP magic.

My absolute favorite is Transient, which I guess will land in 1st or 2nd place.

Space360 is delightfully refreshing and Fire by Martin Eastwood is very classy.
Proximity is an important contribution that is subtle enough that I doubt it will rank in the overall top 5 but will certainly be in the top 10.
miedex

VST Plugin Preset Analyzer

Ok, I havent tried it yet but this looks to be the plugin of the year if it does what I think it does!!
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Right now, Boids by ToneCarver gets my highest vote. I haven't seen anything like it and it might be really, really useful.

Some VST didn't load into T3. Some were too big for my preferred 1024x768 resolution. Some didn't work. Some were noisy. I kept a few.

Polly 2106 is #1 by far. It just saved me some money.
A close second is Catalyst. It takes me to another world.
Proximity and Azurite are nice effects.
"Most people who experiment with drugs are not lying in the streets, suffocating on their own vomit. If you want to see some of that, go to the Pub on Saturday night at closing time." ozwest

DELETED

alvfaria wrote: HYDi: I like things that do strange and wild noises!
Thanks alvfaria! Version1.1 will be up within 24hours. Some critical bugfixes(thanks goes to phuturetone for spotting a couple), and 60+ presets. Some that will make you sea-sick :D

Cheers
Andrew

reusenoise wrote:
3ee wrote: KlingKlang - buggy, but highly addictive, fun!
Glad you like,plese let me know something more about the bug :oops:
Sure,
the envelope seems to work in an odd way (especially noticeable with the decay parameter --- bring sustain to minimum and try a relatively longer sound while tweaking the decay parameter)

..the thing is that the env controls seem to be "inactive" from 0 to 50%.

OK, so much for that... :D now please allow me to brag about a couple of things that I find missing from the plug... those would be a steep HP filter switch at least ... and controlling the kb velocity action amount.

The Hydra PL really sounds great for a synth but its intended GUI is not loading properly in Reaper, FL Studio Demo, VSTHost, Cantible Lite, Chainer, MuLab, Cubase LE 5, and MiniHost. I'm almost 100% sure it's not a VST host problem.

The Minisynth Series: FRET works with external keyboard but GRIT and PEAK only works with mouse-clicks on their GUI virtual keyboards.

I want to have a first impression of "Spectrum Analyzer S8" but when I click on it, Windows 7 is displaying this message: "Choose the program you want to use to open this file:". Anyone know what program opens it?

harryupbabble wrote:I want to have a first impression of "Spectrum Analyzer S8" but when I click on it, Windows 7 is displaying this message: "Choose the program you want to use to open this file:". Anyone know what program opens it?
Hey, on windows you need to install Max/MSP 6 Runtime to get it work. The installer comes in the .zip. There is also a manual in the .zip where are all the instructions! Cheers! :D

I sort of tested the AGR sequencer. I like it. It has possibilities and usefulness. My only problem with it is that there is no reset or clear or init or better yet an undo button. An undo button would have come in handy when I pressed the "oct" button and didn't like what it did to the sequence generated just before. Also, a "save to midi file" function would be super-terrific.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”