first impressions of the DC12 entrys

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Here is my review and votes of DC12 plugins.

- ThrillseekerXTC: 5pts
Its efficiency in the Low Freqs is really amazing, subtle and very musical. The 2 other bands are also very good.
I found the Drive very good at lowest setting (obviously whit adapted input level), but pushed higher it tends to tame the dynamics in an 50y-old way, so you may apply it only on some specific tracks but not on all nor on mastering. But don't get me wrong, the drive can be applied anywhere when set at reasonable level.
Whether on bass, kick, snare, voice, guitar or on master bus, for little EQ and harmonic enhancement, it does wonders. Also seems very stable.
Thanks Bootsie.

- Proximity: 4pts
I like the precision and originality of the plugin, but guys, some people will hang themselves by reading the manual! I'm afraid it is far too complicated to win such popular contest. Doesn't mean it is bad (I noted 4!) but really difficult to get rid of the presets and tune in a useful way.

- Azurite: 3pts
I have not really tested it yet, but I like the numerous features and flexibility, rarely seen in a freeware chorus.

- PTEq-1A: 2pts
2 or 3 years ago, I would have given a better note, but I didn't find benefit versus Sonimus SonEQ, which even has a more colored drive feature. Anyway it is in my top 5 while I guess people will like its quality and great GUI!

- Spectrum Analyzer S8: 1pt
I like the original idea of displaying several curves from different sources int the same display. But I have not tested it yet.

Other plugins I tested but not voted for:

- Transient:
Makes me confident with the idea that Flux BitterSweetII is really the only one so far to get this really short spiked attack on a snare or tom. However one could find some usage somewhere else.
- Space360:
Not convinced and too restrictive in terms of room design. I have far more flexibility with my collection of ambiance IRs.
- Strings One:
I loved Piano One, but that one doesn't seem so good after a short try. Some modes are even weird... And who at Sound Magic got this idea of off-centered knobs?! It makes me nauseous! :P

Btw, congratulations to all of the developers in this contest, some are killing ones, some made bad choice that time, and some are just beginers, but the spirit is here!
Thanks to you and KVR!

remi77 wrote: - Spectrum Analyzer S8: 1pt
I like the original idea of displaying several curves from different sources int the same display. But I have not tested it yet.
Thank you very much Remi! I'm working really hard in the new features to be released after the DC12, so stay tuned! And if you need anything you can always check out the Spectrum Analyzer S8 support thread! Cheers!

Transient is going to be very useful to me, I can already tell. I had a loop with some really nice, but really big reverb on it. Automated the Release knob to make it fade in, then out. Choice.

jeffrey-munch wrote:Please, CMT, dont spamed all Threads with the same text :o
You have your own Support-Thread, quite right ?
thanks for understanding ;)
Because there is not an official DC2012 'Announcements' or 'News' thread I supposed there's not another way to have news arriving to everybody.

I don't think I'm doing something out of the rules, I'm sure a KVR administrator would notice me if so.

BTW, 'Trans Computer Maschine' v1.05 is almost ready...

CMT wrote:
Because there is not an official DC2012 'Announcements' or 'News' thread I supposed there's not another way to have news arriving to everybody.
Okay, you are a new Guy here around ;) but you have your own News(Support)-thread
and this part of kvr-audio called DC-Chat, and not CMT-Chat ;)

it is okay if a Developer posted her news in this OR in his own Support-thread,
but you posted the same infos at 3 times on 3 places, do you not understand the
"problem" about this ?? i called it just Spam

sorry but this is my opninion ;)
love&peace

yeah,i thought i was seeing double! or maybe it made me confused to which thread i was in....
i guess just posting a link to the updated file would be cool,
or/and making your sig into a link to your support thread,maybe?
just my 2p

CMT wrote:
jeffrey-munch wrote:Please, CMT, dont spamed all Threads with the same text :o
You have your own Support-Thread, quite right ?
thanks for understanding ;)

I don't think I'm doing something out of the rules, I'm sure a KVR administrator would notice me if so.

BTW, 'Trans Computer Maschine' v1.05 is almost ready...

Hej CMT,

check this. :)

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=364944

cheers
T

spacedad wrote:yeah,i thought i was seeing double! or maybe it made me confused to which thread i was in....
i guess just posting a link to the updated file would be cool,
or/and making your sig into a link to your support thread,maybe?
just my 2p
Sorry, I think I did a mistake when posting the complete FAQ. I'm shrinking it right now (deletion not allowed).

Hope any of you is not in dislike with me because of this. I only want to make friends here.

Walter

don't worry,it's not a problem.:)

Trans Computer Maschine v1.05 released - Goodbye BETA!

All known bugs were fixed and I renamed the presets so it's indicated when it is for synth or sequencer playing (I know people thinking the plug-in was not working because they couldn't make a sound quickly).

Check the included documentation if want to, but I'm sure will be very easy for anyone to make new sounds just having a look to the presets.

Cheers,

Walter

http://www.freewebs.com/wallyaudio/t-c-m.rar

Now Walter, what's the title of this thread ?

remi77 wrote:Hi,

Its efficiency in the Low Freqs is really amazing, subtle and very musical. The 2 other bands are also very good.
I found the Drive very good at lowest setting (obviously whit adapted input level), but pushed higher it tends to tame the dynamics in an 50y-old way, so you may apply it only on some specific tracks but not on all nor on mastering. But don't get me wrong, the drive can be applied anywhere when set at reasonable level.
Whether on bass, kick, snare, voice, guitar or on master bus, for little EQ and harmonic enhancement, it does wonders. Also seems very stable.
Thanks Bootsie.
Thank you remi77 - it's so demanding to get the LF right today. Many folks think it's all about HF excitation these days, but it's not.

all the best,
bootsie
follow me on Image

bob bobwood wrote:Now Walter, what's the title of this thread ?
Short memory...

bootsie wrote:
remi77 wrote:Hi,

Thanks Bootsie.
Thank you remi77 - it's so demanding to get the LF right today. Many folks think it's all about HF excitation these days, but it's not.

all the best,
bootsie
Congratulations Bootsie. You're in my 5 favourites. Great plugin!

I can't get a single sound out of Philteroid in Studio One. It simply mutes the channel.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”