g200kg : Kamioooka support

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kamioooka

Polyphonic Full-Modular synth 'Kamioooka' support thread.
Now updated to 1.0.1
* BugFix : GUI is not normal in high-DPI environment

repost from here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 19#5124819
Hi, g200kg!
Very interesting synth. Will vote for it. But the GUI animation (wires, modules) is slow on my system (Athlon 64 X2 4800+, Radeon HD3850). Can I disable it somehow?

I can confirm it fixed the problem for me. Thank you. What's high-DPI? Anything cool to write home about?

First of all - amazing work! Thanks you for that and you got my vote.

1. For me animation is lagging too, but plugin works fine and is CPU friendly anyway. My video card - Intel HD from Core i3 350M.

2. Any chance for manual in the future?

3. What Kamioooka means ;)? Is it from Japanese?

tico-tico wrote:repost from here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 19#5124819
Hi, g200kg!
Very interesting synth. Will vote for it. But the GUI animation (wires, modules) is slow on my system (Athlon 64 X2 4800+, Radeon HD3850). Can I disable it somehow?
in the first place, the animation smoothness is depends on host-app (idle process frequency). in my test, Cubase, Cantabile is fast but Savihost is slow.

current version has no disable switch.
but certainly, it had better has disabling feature.

I may add that but anyway it should be done after voting period I think.

Thank you :)

* HIGH-DPI
'High-DPI' is the display fineness settings of the 'ControlPanel - Display'
ver 1.0.0 GUI cannot work normaly other than default setting.

* Manual
Currently, the html-file attached in the zip is my best
My english is so bad :roll:

* Kamioooka
'Kamioooka' is just my town name

Thank you :)

This looks very cool. I am looking forward to trying it out. I love the GUI and the patch cords. It should be a lot of fun to play with.
This space has been unintentionally left blank.

N.E.X. wrote:3. What Kamioooka means ;)? Is it from Japanese?
g200kg wrote:* Kamioooka
'Kamioooka' is just my town name
I think the name can be translated to something like "upper giant hill"... But to me, Kamiooka is just "Enkai Town" as I've only been there to go drinking with my coworkers... :wink:

I am really looking forward to trying this synth. I was hoping to see Mr. g200kg this weekend at the Analog Synth Builders' Summit in Tokyo but I didn't make a reservation soon enough... :cry:

But it's okay because my Japanese is terrible so I wouldn't understand much of the presentations anyway... :hihi:

I can report that Kamioooka works well under Linux 64 bits with Wine. The GUI is not as pretty that on your screenshots (especially the cables) but the sound is fine.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Yagushi wrote:I think the name can be translated to something like "upper giant hill"... But to me, Kamiooka is just "Enkai Town" as I've only been there to go drinking with my coworkers... :wink:
wow :o still living in japan?
hello, neighbor :)
stanlea wrote: I can report that Kamioooka works well under Linux 64 bits with Wine. The GUI is not as pretty that on your screenshots (especially the cables) but the sound is fine.
Thank you! I think I had better add animation setting after voting-period.

I really like this so far! It's especially nice for FM sounds :)
Great work! Thanks a lot :tu:

Cheers
Dennis

You got my vote for first place because of the AMAZING attention to detail, and there are no freeware modular synths that I've seen that can rival the payware ones!

It's a great learning tool or even a toy for all ages and it could be the reference synth for all "learn synthesizers" books and blogs. It seems like Kamioooka has the widest appeal factor and application potential of all the entries for this reason.

My only complaint is that the sliders don't sound 'smooth' and it really rules the instrument out for serious work or play by a modular synth connoisseur. The animation is (as previously noted) slow in VST Host. The wow factor is nice, but does it really need so much physics? (real patch cables stop swinging in a fraction of a second.) I hope you continue to develop and optimize this beautiful instrument with smooth and flowing sound in mind.

This is the lowest cpu usage modular synthesizer I know!
Great job :)
soundcloud.com/yudaidhun

Thank you for good words :)

And the excessive physics is my regrettable point now.
probably improve in the future :wink:

Yes, nice synth with a very low cpu usage, a lot of features andnicely designed knobs !
Thank you

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”