TimeDomain: HYDi Support - Ver1.2 available!

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ENV1 wrote: Thanks for looking into the sequencer issue.
Yeah, seems the SEQuencer went AWOL, after I fixed the patch-system - seems to only manifest itself - after I export it to VST - not in my main testing enviroment, so it's taking some time to track the bug down, I'm trying out a couple of possible solutions. Should be about another day or so. Also fixing some other bugs - while I'm at it.

Regards
Andrew

Here's a short demo I've just made: http://soundcloud.com/telurica/telurica-hydi-demo

I hope you like it & feel free to use it for promotion or whatever 8) Thanks for creating HYDi :)

idfpower wrote:Here's a short demo I've just made: http://soundcloud.com/telurica/telurica-hydi-demo

I hope you like it & feel free to use it for promotion or whatever 8) Thanks for creating HYDi :)

Thanks idfpower! You made my day :D

Has a strong electro-vibe! Also from soundcloud:
Created with HYDi v.1.1

11 distinct synth tracks running - only stock / unaltered presets (except for the drums, everything you hear is HYDi). No additional preset tweaking / programming, no effects, no mastering plugins used on the master track.
Thanks for doing it this way - HYDi was designed to fit well into a mix - with minimal extra effort, 1/5 of her resources are actually dedicated towards it.

Just a repost - so that the link shows correctly.

http://soundcloud.com/telurica/telurica-hydi-demo

Thanks again!

P.S. Ver1.2 is on it's way.

Andrew

Hehe, I'm glad to help :)

Your dedication to improve the product and being around these forums to get feedback and answer any question made the difference to me - when I see this type of commitment, I feel the urge to support it, although HYDi might not be my exact cup of tea :) Keep up the good work :)

idfpower wrote:Hehe, I'm glad to help :)

Your dedication to improve the product and being around these forums to get feedback and answer any question made the difference to me - when I see this type of commitment, I feel the urge to support it, although HYDi might not be my exact cup of tea :) Keep up the good work :)
Cool, thanks! Always thought that if you have a product - it should have the best support possible, freeware or otherwise. Can't wait for DC'12 to be over though - there is a couple of little things that I'd like to change/modify/add to HYDi - which I'm not allowed to do right now :bang:

Ichad.c wrote:Cool, thanks! Always thought that if you have a product - it should have the best support possible, freeware or otherwise.
Very proffesional & healthy attitude and like I said, it makes a big difference.

I'm looking forward to see what you have prepared for HYDi, it looks like this synth is gonna rock :) I'm also hoping for a few more presets ;)

HYDi is now updated to Version1.2!

Changes:

1)Bugfix - Sequencer now works properly.
2)Improved some SSE code that *might* cause crashes in some situations - rather save than sorry!
3)Some small CPU improvements.

Can be downloaded from here - as usual:

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/hydi-by-td

Regards
Andrew

Ichad.c wrote:
Ichad.c wrote:Another Demo song - this time a bit more "4on4" - Uses high resonace, and also demonstrates the use of the effects section - DCE1 & DCE2.

http://soundcloud.com/ichad-c/hydi-4on4-demo

P.S. I don't know exacly how to classify the type of music used in this song.
Hard Trance?

Regards
Andrew
Thanks to "signal-2-noise" from Germany (whoever you are) for liking my 4on4 Demo on soundcloud!
I like it, too. Both your posted demos actually :D
[Insert Signature Here]

bailees7irish wrote: I like it, too. Both your posted demos actually :D

Since DC'12 is near its end, any post DC'12 suggestions?

Things that will most probably be included:

1)Amplitude velocity sensitivity (actually was implemented - just disconnected it when I was testing some things - and forgot to switch it back :oops:
2)1x or 2x Note probability for sequencer
3)Slightly improved DCA model
4)Self-oscillation for some filter modes
5)Some resonace modifications for some filter modes.
6)4x somewhat less useful features will be removed.
7)Various small gain/phase/depth/range etc. etc. scaling adjustments
8)More automatable parameters.
9)128+ presets(compared to the current 64)

Things that will never be included:

1)Osc sync - just doesn't sound right in this synth's context.
2)Normal vanilla Ringmodulation - I prefer the "x-mix 1/2" option - tastes a bit more like granidilla.

Things that *might* be included:

1)Keytrack - for envolpes' attack/decay/release times.
2)Another chorus unit(or two or three - I'm an addict).
3)"reset envelope" for sequencer (slightly tricky to implement currently - but I will do it if more people request it).
4)Simple up/down Sequencer -> for the Sequencer - If I can find a viable way to fit it into the GUI!
5)More routing capabilities - any suggestions?
6)Another more ad hoc/experimental reverb.
7)Wah_Wah effect.
8)One-shot -> transient waves generator category for Generator3 - same concept as in the roland d-50 - but no looping. Got most of the data ready (and the release forms signed) - just need to delve into the madness of soundfonts - which I am admittedly not well versed in. So this is a big maybe.
9)Aftertouch - but to what?
10)Master 3-Band EQ.
11)Gate/Duck for reverbs and BPM delay.
12)Phase reset by key-trigger - for some generator waveshapes/processes (when available).
13)Phase reset by key-trigger - for most LFO waveshapes.

Everything on the "*might*" list is up for you guys to decide - what will be implemented or not - just give me a shoutout as to what you'd like or would be useful. Other suggestions are always very welcome!

P.S. A very small and nasty and aliasy synth called "Bitwiser" is on its way - only 1 carrier and 1 modulator - based solely on Bitwise Logical Synthesis. With some tweaks - of course.

Regards
Andrew

Post DC Q:

Was wondering - if we add/modify features post DC - not enough to be a version2, should we still keep it on here at KVR with the same DC link. Or should it be split off?

Cheers and thanks to all the people here @ KVR - DC'12 was way more fun than I anticipated -> thanks to you guys :hug:

First of all, a big thank you Ichad.c for this synthesizer. It's one of my top favorites of the whole bunch. A really unique, character sound, I love it.

> Since DC'12 is near its end, any post DC'12 suggestions?

I would really like to see you make a separate multi-effect plugin from the effect section. Simple routing and modulation options and so. There's some good stuff in there.

Can't really think of any other suggestions, I'm just amazed with it as it is now.

ras.s wrote:First of all, a big thank you Ichad.c for this synthesizer. It's one of my top favorites of the whole bunch. A really unique, character sound, I love it.

> Since DC'12 is near its end, any post DC'12 suggestions?

I would really like to see you make a separate multi-effect plugin from the effect section. Simple routing and modulation options and so. There's some good stuff in there.

Can't really think of any other suggestions, I'm just amazed with it as it is now.
Thanks! :D

I'll take your suggestion into consideration - some things might not be exactly portable though - most effects slightly "auto-tune" dependant on its "surroundings" - and some are quite dependant on the synthesis engine -> per example:
Theta Flanger - isn't just a name - the Theta part tells a bit of how it works ->
"Theta Processor"
This word was coined by an article in Electronotes for a combination of Flanging and Phasing.
And my Theta Flanger actually tracks the highest pitch in a particular patch - and there is where the 'mini phaser' works at a couple of octaves higher - this actually breaks down a bit of the mettalic flavour of normal flangers. The Eventide Instant flanger is also of the Theta variety btw.

Could easily port the reverbs and some other stuff though.

Thanks to all the people who voted -> 27th ain't bad for a somebody form nowhere! If you count just the synth entries - my ranking sounds better :lol:

Anyway, the final version of HYDi will be released some-time; self-osc filters, probability in the sequencer, a mini-tour manual, more presets etc.

Thanks again!

Andrew Ainslie

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”