TimeDomain: HYDi Support - Ver1.2 available!

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys! Presets are still to come - I lost the first batch a day before entry, sorry! Hopefully everything else works well. Beware high gain and high res - on the filter - your ears might bleed.

Quirk Alert:
The pan knob - is actually an image knob - will change GUI shorty to reflect the correct wording. Fully left = Stereo, Middle = Mono, Right = Stereo Swap.
The latter might be useful in a mix-situation.

Questions and comments appreciated.

Andrew
Last edited by Ichad.c on Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:27 pm, edited 6 times in total.

HYDi has been updated to Version1.1

Bugfixes:

1)Renamed "Pan" to image(what it actually is).
2)Renamed Sub_Generator Pulse25 to Pulse12.5(what it actually is).
3)Bug - fixed clicks and DC offset with "Drone" process, was also sometimes contaminating other processes.
4)Bug - Fixed DC in some situations/Main Filter.
5)Presets - now working correctly -> 64 to get you started!
6)Slight CPU improvement in Main Filter - 'cause these filters are not cheap.

*Many thanks to Sasha a.k.a. Phuturetone for a detailed bug report!

P.S. I might have been listening to too much industrial music while debugging and re-doing presets :)

Cheers

Andrew
Last edited by Ichad.c on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks!
Downloading now! :tu:

Cheers
Dennis

Bronto Scorpio wrote:Thanks!

Cheers
Dennis
Cool, if you have a moment, please let me know if the presets display correctly!

Ichad.c wrote:

Cheers
Dennis
Cool, if you have a moment, please let me know if the presets display correctly!
I quickly checked it in Cubase and Minihost and everything seem to work as it should :)

Cheers
Dennis

Bronto Scorpio wrote:
Ichad.c wrote:

Cheers
Dennis
I quickly checked it in Cubase and Minihost and everything seem to work as it should :)

Cheers
Dennis
Thanks! After the initial Version - I was a bit paranoid :ud:

Hey KVRians - here's a little demo song I made with HYDi. Running 10 instances. Everything is HYDi - except the drums. No additional effects, apart from a master limiter taking off about max 3dB.

http://soundcloud.com/ichad-c/hydi-demo1

P.S. I'm not really a musician, more of a mix-engineer, so the track might be a bit lame :oops:

Cheers
Andrew

A couple more presets and another more "4on4" demo song - on the way. Any bugs sofar?

Andrew

Another Demo song - this time a bit more "4on4" - Uses high resonace, and also demonstrates the use of the effects section - DCE1 & DCE2.

http://soundcloud.com/ichad-c/hydi-4on4-demo

P.S. I don't know exacly how to classify the type of music used in this song.
Hard Trance?

Regards
Andrew

Just some of her waveshapes/processes if anybody is interisted...

* left click -> "view image" for better resolution.

P.S. XORc is based on Bitwise Logical Synthesis btw - that's why it looks so edgy.

Andrew

Ichad.c wrote:Another Demo song - this time a bit more "4on4" - Uses high resonace, and also demonstrates the use of the effects section - DCE1 & DCE2.

http://soundcloud.com/ichad-c/hydi-4on4-demo

P.S. I don't know exacly how to classify the type of music used in this song.
Hard Trance?

Regards
Andrew
Thanks to "signal-2-noise" from Germany (whoever you are) for liking my 4on4 Demo on soundcloud!

Couple of things i noticed:

Sequencer
There seems to be a problem, and this problem is being saved with the presets. To see what i mean, download this archive and do the following:

- Load HYDi INIT_ProbDemo.fxp and press&hold a key. You will notice that even though the seq is set to 0-0-8-10 there are only two different notes being played. Now toggle the Inv button of the 4th row. The problem should disappear.

- Load HYDi INIT_SeqProb.fxp, enable SEQ on Gen1, set the seq to 0-0-8-10, press&hold a key. The same problem will occur again since the malfunction was saved into the preset regardless of the actual sequencer settings. Additionally the sequencers timing may be totally out of whack now, as in skipping rather unpredictably from one step to another.

- Load HYDi INIT_SeqFixed.fxp, enable SEQ on Gen1, set the seq to 0-0-8-10, press&hold a key. Even though this is the exact same preset as INIT_SeqProb, the problem will not occur since this preset was saved after toggling the Inv button of sequencer row 4.

PlayModes
If the Dual mode is supposed to be working like the Duo mode in the ARP Odyssee then it is definitely not working correctly. Therefore my question: Exactly what is Dual mode supposed to be doing, and in what way is it supposed to differ from Mono mode?

Mix 1/2
When Mix 1/2 is enabled on Gen1, the signals are being mixed together in any case, meaning regardless of the amount knob. (The amount knob does have an effect, its just not quite the effect i would expect.)

Sequencer
A lot of potential is lost due to the fact that there is no option to have the sequencer trigger the envelopes on every step as well.

Well, thats it for now...didnt do more yet than setting up my INIT preset.

ENV1 wrote:Couple of things i noticed:

Sequencer
There seems to be a problem, and this problem is being saved with the presets. To see what i mean, download this archive and do the following:

- Load HYDi INIT_ProbDemo.fxp and press&hold a key. You will notice that even though the seq is set to 0-0-8-10 there are only two different notes being played. Now toggle the Inv button of the 4th row. The problem should disappear.

- Load HYDi INIT_SeqProb.fxp, enable SEQ on Gen1, set the seq to 0-0-8-10, press&hold a key. The same problem will occur again since the malfunction was saved into the preset regardless of the actual sequencer settings. Additionally the sequencers timing may be totally out of whack now, as in skipping rather unpredictably from one step to another.

- Load HYDi INIT_SeqFixed.fxp, enable SEQ on Gen1, set the seq to 0-0-8-10, press&hold a key. Even though this is the exact same preset as INIT_SeqProb, the problem will not occur since this preset was saved after toggling the Inv button of sequencer row 4.
Thanks for the detailed report! I take a look at it, and release a fix ASAP!
ENV1 wrote:
PlayModes
If the Dual mode is supposed to be working like the Duo mode in the ARP Odyssee then it is definitely not working correctly. Therefore my question: Exactly what is Dual mode supposed to be doing, and in what way is it supposed to differ from Mono mode?
Dual mode, is an oddball, and not very useful in most circumstances, sorry!
Only diffrence from mono-mode is that only when you play two succesive notes with long release times - they will overlap. Come to think of it - I should have called it "overlap". Duophonic mode(like the ARP) will be supported post DC'12 - if I get something like - more than 5 requests for it, 'cause it's actually gonna be alot of work.
ENV1 wrote:
Mix 1/2
When Mix 1/2 is enabled on Gen1, the signals are being mixed together in any case, meaning regardless of the amount knob. (The amount knob does have an effect, its just not quite the effect i would expect.)
x-Mix 1/2 is generator1 and generator2 being cross-mixed via generator3 - kind of like a ringmodulator.
ENV1 wrote: Sequencer
A lot of potential is lost due to the fact that there is no option to have the sequencer trigger the envelopes on every step as well.
Brilliant idea - will make it a bit more arp-ish. Will do post DC. Was also thinking of adding(like the transgate) a bit of random note probability - with a selection of possibly where the note may fall.

P.S - will also remove the maximum resonace limit(currently ~95%) after DC'12, for those zappy - self-oscillating filter - type sounds.

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards
Andrew

Ichad.c wrote:Only diffrence from mono-mode is that only when you play two succesive notes with long release times - they will overlap.
In that case i would say that they are labeled wrong, i.e. Mono really is Dual and Dual really is Mono.

Will do some more testing tomorrow when i have more time. Thanks for looking into the sequencer issue.

ENV1 wrote:
Ichad.c wrote:Only diffrence from mono-mode is that only when you play two succesive notes with long release times - they will overlap.
In that case i would say that they are labeled wrong, i.e. Mono really is Dual and Dual really is Mono.

Will do some more testing tomorrow when i have more time. Thanks for looking into the sequencer issue.
Thanks for testing so thoroughly! Because there are so many plug-ins to test - I assume that most people would just flip through the 64 presets and judge. Currently in another city, will be back on monday. Any more bug reports and comments appreciated. Then I can fix it all in one go!

Kind Regards
Andrew Ainslie

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”