Black Mamba Issues

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Downloaded and extracted to its own folder. Opened in VST Host.

Issue one is that when I try to load a patch, I get file not found for the corresponding sfz.

Issue two is that no sound is being produced by Black Mamba once I try to load the sfz's that come with it.

I'm sure everyone else is jamming away and enjoying this freebie, but It's not functioning here.

On a side note, all the soundfonts I own previously are SF2, and I rarely see any applications for SFZ. Why does Zampler choose to use SFZ? It's a minus AFAIK.

Excited to learn the trick to get it working anyway.

Haven't tried it yet so can't comment on your problems though sounds like it's not finding the samples...

As for SFZ, well that's an open format; just a plain text file that anyone can use/modify/create etc. Soundfonts need special software (Awave? etc).

Plenty of quality SFZ players out there now too (zampler, alchemy player, dimension, shortcircuit...)

Black Mamba is a variation of Zampler that you mention. (By the way, you're posting in the DC2012 forum man!)

edit :oops:

My bad, I got sound after i restarted VST Host. An unknown buggy plugin or user error caused the audio out to crash.

When I go to load the first patch "AR Bassgroove.fxp" I get the "file not found" error for it's corresponding SFZ. I'm thinking maybe the download got corrupted, Maybe I need to redownload Black Mamba.

I wish Zampler would load SF2 files. Phenome would be my go-to soundfont player but it was too unstable.

:)

I'm planning on trying it later so will see if I have the same problems.

Am I right in assuming this is a reskinned zampler with custom samples?

I think so, and so far it sounds great. I am so amped over this and all the great energy people have been putting into their work across the board.

Black Mamba sounds real nice.. But.. No way to tune patches. This makes it WORTHLESS. Tuning and pitches are all over the place with the supplied patchbank. Is there a hidden setting somewhere that I am missing?

I find it annoying to have to hunt down the .SFZ files. I was not able to just scroll through the patches.

Nothing new here.

Hm, I don't know what I did wrong before but I got it working. Just loaded the Zampler Black mamba fxb in the main folder using 'bank > load'

great sounds, also super filters, effects, and envelope controls.

one thing I find frustrating is that i cant seem to get the arp to alternate between two or more keys. in essence, i can't get it to play arpeggios. maybe it doesn't, I tried all the arp modes, correct me if i am wrong. it has a nice internal arp sequencer though.

I just dropped the fxb and the files in my Zampler folder and it worked like all other Zampler soundbanks.

fiddler1 wrote:Black Mamba sounds real nice.. But.. No way to tune patches. This makes it WORTHLESS. Tuning and pitches are all over the place with the supplied patchbank. Is there a hidden setting somewhere that I am missing?

@Fiddler: yes, you can tune it. Just use the CONSTANT source in the modmatrix and connect it with PITCH or whatever destination you want.
electronic music and sounddesign - http://www.marcoscherer.de

vaisnava wrote:I find it annoying to have to hunt down the .SFZ files. I was not able to just scroll through the patches.

Nothing new here.
@Vaisnava: just load the .fxb soundbank file, then you can browser through the patches. Even the mousewheel is supported for changing patches, it's very comfortable :)

I've put the component in the Library > Audio > Plug-ins > Components folder (I have done this before, it should be the right place) but Logic is simply not seeing it. The plug-in manager doesn't list it as failed or passed.

Any hints?

Victor.

Vic, do you also have the Zampler installed? Unfortunately Zampler and Black Mamba cannot co-exists, so Zampler has to be removed first.

Scherer wrote:Vic, do you also have the Zampler installed?
Nope.

I can't find it in Plogue Bidule either. Under what vendor/manufacturer should it show up?

Victor.

Synapse-Audio

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”