Delay Studio Support

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please use this thread for any questions, bug reports, or general feedback for the Delay Studio VST plugin entry from Minimal System Instruments.

We hope you enjoy the plugin and find it useful in your productions.

Congratulations to all the developers who have submitted entries this year, there are some fantastic plugins and everyone involved should be applauded.

i really like it!

did you leave out a dry/wet knob or is it just me not finding it?
:)
thanks for clearance!

obstgegenrechz wrote:i really like it!

did you leave out a dry/wet knob or is it just me not finding it?
:)
thanks for clearance!
We included wet/dry controls for each individual band but there is no master wet/dry control.

I think we will add this to the plugin once the competition is over.

We have updated Delay Studio to version 1.01.

We we made aware of an issue whereby the low band slider could not be dragged in order to select the frequency.

We have now addressed this bug.

Please download the latest version.

Having a lot of fun playing with this, its a keeper!

One suggestion though...when used as a send-effect, there is, as far as i can see, no way of setting the relative levels between the three bands, since you cant use the mix-knob for that. It would make even more awesome stuff possible if that is something you will consider adding at some point.

Great plug btw...thanks :)
Last edited by j79 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

j79 wrote:Having a lot of fun playing with this, its a keeper!

One suggestion though...when used as a send-effect, there is, as far as i can see, no way of setting the relative levels between the three bands, since you cant use the mix-knob for that. It would make even more awesome stuff possible if that is something you will consider adding at some point.

Great plug btw...thanks :)
Great idea on the individual volume controls for each band, this will be another feature that we will add to the update list for when the competition is over.

I am glad you are having fun with it :)

Thx for this nice free plugin!

One thing seems to be fixed. The knobs are all not correct aligned when in middle position. In Reaktor i used knobs with 31/63/127 single states in a stripe to fix this. Maybe it helps.

Cheers
T

wehkah wrote:Thx for this nice free plugin!

One thing seems to be fixed. The knobs are all not correct aligned when in middle position. In Reaktor i used knobs with 31/63/127 single states in a stripe to fix this. Maybe it helps.

Cheers
T
Thanks for the feedback wehkah, we will look into getting this fixed ASAP.

As I've said in another thread, a very nice combination of features and clean GUI... a minor nitpick for me would be:

The delay-time knobs are 7-position switches; if there are no plans to have the knobs be switchable from sync mode (as the LFO freq is), then the knobs should be marked/labeled accordingly. (I'd love for the delay-time knobs to be switchable from sync to ms., but that falls into "request-a-feature", not "what-needs-polishing", heh.)

Not a complaint, but those circular "1" "2" "3" labels certainly seem a likely spot for those individual volume control knobs mentioned earlier ;)

Thanks again for a great plugin!

ccDuckett wrote:As I've said in another thread, a very nice combination of features and clean GUI... a minor nitpick for me would be:

The delay-time knobs are 7-position switches; if there are no plans to have the knobs be switchable from sync mode (as the LFO freq is), then the knobs should be marked/labeled accordingly. (I'd love for the delay-time knobs to be switchable from sync to ms., but that falls into "request-a-feature", not "what-needs-polishing", heh.)

Not a complaint, but those circular "1" "2" "3" labels certainly seem a likely spot for those individual volume control knobs mentioned earlier ;)

Thanks again for a great plugin!
Good feedback, thanks :)

Cool crazy critter indeed.

Pity that it's Windows only currently (from the looks of the frequency divider, I thought it's SM shell, but apparently it's not listed in the database a such). Else I'd recommend it to a friend of mine.

It's cool on vocals and synths, easy on the eye (except for the VU's, they're just too jumpy for my liking) and dead simple to use (after you realise that the "sync" mode is controlled by the LFO speed, not the main knobs on top).

Another feature I'd like to see is different orders on the cutoff frequencies, unless they are currently locked to 24dB. Maybe even some additional dirt, but this would only add to the clutter on the GUI (and is probably not what was originally planned).
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

So far I like it...interesting combination with the 3 bands and the filters. Just one question: Is the delay time adjustable by the LFO frequency? So if I set the LFO frequency to 1/4, would the delay time be the same (if at maximum)?

Still fiddling around...I think the LFO frequency works just for the filter, not for the delay time... But how can I see what (sync) measure the delay time has? Would be nice if there were some display of the exact measures... :help:

Spending some time with this now, great stuff, thanks for the plugin!

Im still checking out all the entries and i must say im absolutely fascinated by this effect!

IMO a remarkably well thought-through highly functional concept which sorta makes you think 'why didnt anyone make something just like this much sooner?'.

I find it great. Really great.

Unfortunately i have a bug to report also:

3 of the 4 LFO waveforms do not correspond to the glyph on the UI.

Triangle is really Sine

RampDown is correct

Square is really Triangle

RampUp is really Square

If you intend to fix that (and i hope you do) it would be great if you made the waveforms correspond to the glyphs rather than adapting the glyphs to fit the waveforms, in other words ditch the Sine, keep Triangle/Square/RampDown and add the RampUp because the inverted Saw is obviously way more useful in this case than a second Triangle-like shape.

Thanks in advance, and of course a BIG thanks for the plugin itself too.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”