Maxwell Smart - Support & Feedback

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is my favorite entry as in the one that's instantly replaced other plugins i used for similar tasks. thanks a lot for making it, it sounds great.

You'll be getting my top vote that's for sure :tu:

While I was mastering something today, I was struggling to decide whatever this or the Ozone5 limiter sounded best for the material in question! :lol:

1.03, no problems so far, thanks! :)

Holophonic wrote:This is my favorite entry as in the one that's instantly replaced other plugins i used for similar tasks. thanks a lot for making it, it sounds great.

You'll be getting my top vote that's for sure :tu:
Thank you so much! Such great feedback that this plugin has recieved so far is astonishing :)
3ee wrote:While I was mastering something today, I was struggling to decide whatever this or the Ozone5 limiter sounded best for the material in question! :lol:

1.03, no problems so far, thanks! :)
That's really good to hear. Thank you! :)

The voting period is going to end soon, so I'd like to thank all the people who took the time to try Maxwell Smart, and those who have also voted for it! The feedback I've gotten has given me great confidence to keep on developing VST-plugins.

Stay tuned for a whole new version of Maxwell with simple but powerful controls over the sound ;)
(this will be a commercial release with a reasonable price).

All the thanks goes to you for creating this fine plugin, You certainly have the skills my friend.

You got my top vote, hope others feel the same way :)

I was looking for good and free mastering limiter for a long time. I dont like sound of W1 and some more complex choices like LimiterNo6 can do more harm than good. Later Dont Crack were giving away one of their plugin for free in exchange for registration, so i tried ultramaximizer, better than W1. But still I wasnt fully satisfied so ive downloaded discontinued kjaerhus MPL-1 mastering limiter. It is great but i was somehow displeased cause it is something like abandoware and a lot of settings can also do more harm than good for somebody who isnt PRO.
Some weeks ago I tried your plugin and it gave me great results instantly, i am happy and calm now. Best free mastering limiter ive tried. THANK YOU 8)

Hey Lively,

I encountered some strange problems today. I usually use Maxwell as my goto limiter while doing sound design on very low settings. I tried Synapses Dune BE yesterday and got some wiered results. Even the threshold has not been reached my square turned into a saw and my sine into a square as soon as I selected another waveform. I had do disable Maxwell and click through all waveforms on my synth to reset them. Btw I am using your limiter for months now and this occured the first time yesterday. Otherwise it runs stable and flawless.

My oldschool rig specs: 32 bit XP-SP3, Intel Dual Core 2.5gHz, Audigy 2ZS, Reaper newest version

Tried it on 44.1, 48 & 88.2 kHz with two different drivers: asio4all & kxproject. Happens every time.

Otherwise great little pluggy.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”